Multi 'o' To Retirement Extention

Thanks for all your help so far, I ended up with a single entry Tourist Visa (as I said in an earlier post) could somebody give me a program of dates to get an Retirement Extension ASAP I am due to arrive on the 26 November

As soon as you get here open a bank acc. if you do not have one and stick the 800,000 Baht in it. (Assuming you are using this method)

With at least 21 days remaining on your stay go to Immigration and take the letter from your bank showing the deposit. Apply for a change of Visa to a NON O. Around 3 or 4 weeks before this expires go back to Immigration and apply for a years extension for Retirement.

Depending on where you apply and who you see they may agree to do it there and then or they may want you to get a 30- day extension to enable the 800,000 to be in the bank for 3 months.

You really have to talk to them and see what they require from you.

Smile, say thank you and you will be OK.

It may be a good idea to pop along and have a chat with them to see what they want as soon as you get here.

Don't worry, you will have no problem. It Is just that they all work in a different way.

I already have 800000B in a bank in Thailand for more than 3 months but I will need to start to use it in February due to the Pound/Baht as I do not want to have to transfer any more money from England until it improves

I already have 800000B in a bank in Thailand for more than 3 months but I will need to start to use it in February due to the Pound/Baht as I do not want to have to transfer any more money from England until it improves

If you go to Immigration right after entering Thailand to convert to a Non Imm O, this means the 60 day waiting period allows you to apply for the one-year extension the end of Jan. So, your Feb deadline should be safe.

With your money already over 3 months old when you go to convert in Nov, I'd certainly push the issue with Immigration about getting an immediate extension. It's happened before (search WPCOE). I don't know if Johnnie Walker Black still works or not. Haven't seen a report along these lines in awhile. :o