The Notion That Thailand Will Stay The Same

MikeSR

read any political thread on this forum and at least a third of the posts are in the vain of:

"Only in Thailand!"

"Thailand and its political situation will never change"

"Ive been here since 1970 so I know more about Thailand than you and nothing here ever changes"

"haha - same same"

"the more things change the more they stay the same"

"this whole conflict is really just the result of a few very powerful and mysterious people/families arguing with each other"

--

what is this "history" everyone speaks of based upon? 40-50 years? That is a very short time.

read any political thread on this forum and at least a third of the posts are in the vain of:

"Only in Thailand!"

"Thailand and its political situation will never change"

"Ive been here since 1970 so I know more about Thailand than you and nothing here ever changes"

"haha - same same"

"the more things change the more they stay the same"

"this whole conflict is really just the result of a few very powerful and mysterious people/families arguing with each other"

--

what is this "history" everyone speaks of based upon? 40-50 years? That is a very short time.

We are all waiting for you to actually make an observation yourself about the present situation and not just persecute and judge others comments. :o

We are all waiting for you to actually make an observation yourself about the present situation and not just persecute and judge others comments. :D

Putting smileys after a spiteful comment doesn't make it any less twattish. :D See?

I think OP is commenting on the flippant remarks of certain gloomy Guses and indicates a either a gentle positivity of spirit or a desire to attract said doomsayers to this thread so they say mean things about LOS and eventually each other, ultimately leading to a low brow slanging fest... :o Crap - I'm out of here!

Edited by Hannahcopacabana

We are all waiting for you to actually make an observation yourself about the present situation and not just persecute and judge others comments. :D

Putting smileys after a spiteful comment doesn't make it any less twattish. :D See?

I think OP is commenting on the flippant remarks of certain gloomy Guses and indicates a either a gentle positivity of spirit or a desire to attract said doomsayers to this thread so they say mean things about LOS and eventually each other, ultimately leading to a low brow slanging fest... :o Crap - I'm out of here!

Calm down.

just about as many posters pull the "I'm not ____, but _____( counter to the first ____) aka "I don't mean to be racist/cheap/supportive of xyz govt, but blah blah blah."

equally used, and in this case I'm going to use this one:

I don't mean to be pedantic, but you must use "vein" and not "vain" as it applies to your sentence above.

As for the rest of your post, I couldn't be bothered to read as it doesn't pass my personal philosophy of being a pedant and is therefore null and void. Oh and here's the smiley: :o