Window Air Cons

I have attended three "product type" Expos in Bangkok where many if not all of the major air conditioning manufacturers had good size booths and I have never seen a "window type" air conditioning unit that is common in the United States. But you might check with manufacturers web sites.

I have previously read there is a potential problem with intruder access via this type of unit. The "split system" commonly available, easy for a Thai staff to INSTALL, certainly can be far more QUIET inside your room than the highly rated Kenmore I had in California. The common Split systems are easy to REMOVE and install in a new location in Thailand. These might be a sensible item to investigate. Each manufacturer has different "model levels" with different prices. Most have specifications in the printed brochures to compare each model line including the sound and energy consumption.

In my opinion it is best in Thailand to purchase an item that can be INSTALLED by Thai staff and maintained by a Thai staff without "experts" having to come a long distance. I have posted several times that you might obtain a LOWER total price and more responsive after the sales SERVICE from an independent dealer. While there are "suggested list prices" on air conditioners in Thailand, REAL discounts are possible and "clean" installations are possible. The "portable" units such as from CENTRAL AIR brand are very noisy and look like the robot from "Lost in Space". In my experience the Independent shop would send a staff person to look at a particular room and then make BTU size suggestions and LOOK FOR THE DRAINAGE options and what you already had in the way of Electrical supply. Like many things in life, there is "more than meets the eye". But a good shop has done thousands of installations and the staff really can do a clean job.

Having the shop staff come back for a periodic "cleaning" is sometimes included for a specific period of time and then after that period the cost is minimal, but WORTH EVERY BAHT.

If you are in the process of BUILDING a home I urge you to have the PIPES and WIRES installed IN your walls PRIOR to any rendering of the walls. Placement of the COMPRESSOR unit (shade, rain?) could make a difference in the energy consumption and life of the compressor. We did NOT buy or select any specific a/c units until months AFTER the pipes and wires were installed into our walls in Buriram. The a/c staff need to coordinate with the electricians to make sure proper power is at each a/c location.

Some "Split systems" are sold in the USA that are made in Thailand.

I have attended three "product type" Expos in Bangkok where many if not all of the major air conditioning manufacturers had good size booths and I have never seen a "window type" air conditioning unit that is common in the United States. But you might check with manufacturers web sites.

I have previously read there is a potential problem with intruder access via this type of unit. The "split system" commonly available, easy for a Thai staff to INSTALL, certainly can be far more QUIET inside your room than the highly rated Kenmore I had in California. The common Split systems are easy to REMOVE and install in a new location in Thailand. These might be a sensible item to investigate. Each manufacturer has different "model levels" with different prices. Most have specifications in the printed brochures to compare each model line including the sound and energy consumption.

In my opinion it is best in Thailand to purchase an item that can be INSTALLED by Thai staff and maintained by a Thai staff without "experts" having to come a long distance. I have posted several times that you might obtain a LOWER total price and more responsive after the sales SERVICE from an independent dealer. While there are "suggested list prices" on air conditioners in Thailand, REAL discounts are possible and "clean" installations are possible. The "portable" units such as from CENTRAL AIR brand are very noisy and look like the robot from "Lost in Space". In my experience the Independent shop would send a staff person to look at a particular room and then make BTU size suggestions and LOOK FOR THE DRAINAGE options and what you already had in the way of Electrical supply. Like many things in life, there is "more than meets the eye". But a good shop has done thousands of installations and the staff really can do a clean job.

Having the shop staff come back for a periodic "cleaning" is sometimes included for a specific period of time and then after that period the cost is minimal, but WORTH EVERY BAHT.

If you are in the process of BUILDING a home I urge you to have the PIPES and WIRES installed IN your walls PRIOR to any rendering of the walls. Placement of the COMPRESSOR unit (shade, rain?) could make a difference in the energy consumption and life of the compressor. We did NOT buy or select any specific a/c units until months AFTER the pipes and wires were installed into our walls in Buriram. The a/c staff need to coordinate with the electricians to make sure proper power is at each a/c location.

Some "Split systems" are sold in the USA that are made in Thailand.

Good post thanks for taking the time,really want one in addition to my split air con.On the 32nd floor,so no problem.