Flr (what A Long Time !)

Wow what a long time it appears to take for the home office to process a FLR, has any one else received one back by post recently and could give me an idea on how long they were waiting that would be good.

I think I am just coming to my 6 maybe 7 week now and will soon be moving all my appointments, job centre (national insurance number) and the Thai embassy again.

Bread

It's 8 weeks on Tuesday since our application was received by them. Can only think that the recent changes in some visa requirements has meant that a) they stopped processing any the month before, or b.) they are just very busy at the moment.

Edited by CharlieB

• 2 weeks later...
Any news Bread (and anyone else)?

We're still waiting - hoping for something this year and starting to check the calendar to see when it is 14 weeks from our application date :o

Nothing. It was 14 weeks at the beginning of this week, so I'm going to dig out the paperwork and give them a call. Will let you know what excuse(s) they come up with.

Ok, I have just got off the phone with Mrs Completely Unhelpful at the UK Border Agency and we are no further along than I was before I called.

We sent my wifes application around August 27th or 28th. They got the application the next day as I did it next day special delivery and checked on the Royal Mail website. They replied one month later on the 01/10/2008 saying it was being passed to a caseworker. The woman on the phone wouldn't confirm the exact date they had for the application being made or anything to do with dates and said that as far as she was concerned our application was made on the date of the letter sent to us, so we have to wait another 4 weeks before we can enquire about the application. She wasn't particularly polite and could certainly do with a course on customer relations.

This is a total joke. They are basically saying, we completely ignore when you actually send the form to us and when we receive it, we work from the day that we send you a letter confirming we have got your application and have passed it to a case worker. So you could have sent them a letter on the 1st Jan 2008, but until they reply, with a letter with a date passed to a case worker on it, your application hasn't been made! Funny how they were quick enough to take the bloody cash. I bet if I look back at my credit card bill it's been taken before the 01/10/2008!

IMO they should immediately take down their fairy-tale webpage showing applications are done in 20 days!!

Edited by CharlieB

Ok, I have just got off the phone with Mrs Completely Unhelpful at the UK Border Agency and we are no further along than I was before I called.

We sent my wifes application around August 27th or 28th. They got the application the next day as I did it next day special delivery and checked on the Royal Mail website. They replied one month later on the 01/10/2008 saying it was being passed to a caseworker.

At least this part was done quickly for us. They sent the letter confirming the application had been passed to a caseworker, dated the day after our letter was sent.

They also took the cash on this day :o So at least if/when we get to 14 weeks they "should" be able to tell us something.

<br />
Still waiting here too, maybe its something to do with the new ID cards for foreigners?
<br /><br /><br />What is this about? Do you mean the UK roll out of id cards and is it something that could affect FLR/ILR applications?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

If you apply after Oct 25 you should get a letter to go to a centre and get bio details taken for a new id card, but since most of us applied before this date i dunno if we have to do it...

I would actually like her to get the ID card as it will solve some ID probs

I dunno if this ID card thing has messed up their timings but we will see eh

Still waiting - 9 weeks now - said it before, but starting to count the days until 14 weeks when we can at least ask about the application.

I'm starting to wish we'd paid the extra £200 for the in person application, but really didn't think it would take long.

I'm also going to need my passport soon, which I never thought would be an issue two months ago.

As Bread says, if anyone has had any success, let us know. It would be good to find out application dates for those who have been issued.

DC

same here never mind wanting to sort my daughter out a thai passport

me and the wife wanted to go back to thailand in febuary but I dont want to book intill I get it all back, rubbish i think also 14 weeks is too long to be able to ask whats going on 8 weeks is plenty,

bread

We're still waiting to hear, but a friend has just received her FLR.

Applied 25 September, got the news 20 December.

I don't know if it is the same team that deals with FLR & ILR but maybe this gives people an idea of where their application is in the system.

We're still waiting to hear, but a friend has just received her FLR.

Applied 25 September, got the news 20 December.

I don't know if it is the same team that deals with FLR & ILR but maybe this gives people an idea of where their application is in the system.

Means we might get ours just after Christmas/New Year.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, my wife's FLR arrived this morning by recorded post almost 4 months after we submitted it.. Bread, I think you applied a week or two after me, so yours should be arriving in the next couple of weeks.

Good news, well done.

Another friend got theirs Friday, bang on 14 weeks.

We're at 12 weeks now and still waiting - hopefully for not too much longer.

Well, my wife's FLR arrived this morning by recorded post almost 4 months after we submitted it.. Bread, I think you applied a week or two after me, so yours should be arriving in the next couple of weeks.

Good news, well done.

Another friend got theirs Friday, bang on 14 weeks.

We're at 12 weeks now and still waiting - hopefully for not too much longer.

Thanks. Now to start getting all the stuff done to make sure we get the next part ok.

Hello my friend well done well done charlie!!!!!

Yes I have been on the phone as 14 weeks was up, the response I got was "The application is being reviewed" in turn I asked time scale, when etc and the reply was.......yes you guessed it "the application is under review"

but hopefully with yours now coming through mine will not be far away I am defiantly going to pay the extra money and do it over the counter if that is possible next time !!!

Do you know what the criteria is for two years time e.g. max time out of the country, documents needed e.t.c as it will make it easier to have that in mind now.

Edited by bread

Hello my friend well done well done charlie!!!!!

Yes I have been on the phone as 14 weeks was up, the response I got was "The application is being reviewed" in turn I asked time scale, when etc and the reply was.......yes you guessed it "the application is under review"

but hopefully with yours now coming through mine will not be far away I am defiantly going to pay the extra money and do it over the counter if that is possible next time !!!

Do you know what the criteria is for two years time e.g. max time out of the country, documents needed e.t.c as it will make it easier to have that in mind now.

thanks. I'm sure your letter will arrive next week, or the week after. Certainly a good feeling that you have a little room to breath before the next application.