Airport Link Map

MrNimNim

Can anyone post a link to the actual map for the new airport link, I found an old map with all the proposed new lines /stations which listed RCA having a station, but I have stayed near there and have not seen any evidence that a station is that close, besides the Makkasan terminal.

Best regards Duncan

sorry, no map at hand-and not enough time to find links etc. public computer

you still have to wait-likely up to 1 year before this airporttrain will be running-I guess thats what you meant. as has been told here quite a few times now: there will be 2 services-1.the every 15 mins direct express, at likely 150 bt- and 2. the airport workers stopping-ev. 30 mins, I regularly pass by bus along Phetburi Tat Mai and see the works progressing-there are stops for that under construction as Asoke and at the start of the RamkamHaeng road-where NASA-disco used to be/opposite the NASA hotel complek. But even then: youre under the expressway going east there-with ramps enough-so just hail that taximeter.

sorry, no map at hand-and not enough time to find links etc. public computer

you still have to wait-likely up to 1 year before this airporttrain will be running-I guess thats what you meant. as has been told here quite a few times now: there will be 2 services-1.the every 15 mins direct express, at likely 150 bt- and 2. the airport workers stopping-ev. 30 mins, I regularly pass by bus along Phetburi Tat Mai and see the works progressing-there are stops for that under construction as Asoke and at the start of the RamkamHaeng road-where NASA-disco used to be/opposite the NASA hotel complek. But even then: youre under the expressway going east there-with ramps enough-so just hail that taximeter.

An article in last week's Bangkok Post stated that the airport train service will commence on 12 August 2009 - the Queen's birthday.

Thanks for that it essentially answers my question that there will not be a station at RCA.

But I am sure the commuter train will come in handy at some point but 150 baht is pretty expensive if you are going short distances in that direction.

Thanks once again for the maps

Regards Duncan

the proposed-as of now- fares are 150 bt for the nonstop express Maybe an introductory time of 99/100 bt for a few weeks.

and about 40/50/60 for the all-stops (without luggage space etc-just a copy of the BTS skytrain. Hitherto it was expected that the all-stops could only start later-but as the original planning has gone down the drains at least 5 times now-no one knows-anything possible. Siemens=the German contractor is already so sick of it they want to terminate ASAP