2 And 2/3 Pages Remaining

Hi,

About to head to Laos for Non O.

Have just enough space in UK passport for Lao visa, Thai visa and accompanying entry and exit stamps.

Paranoia setting in a little bit, a mate said he heard through the grapevine that the Thai embassy and/or Immigration wants more pages available when granting someone a visa and/or entry.

Any thoughts on this?

Will be applying for a new passport as soon as I'm back.

Cheers

I don't recall any reports of somebody being turned away because of a shortage of pages when there were more than enough to put the visa and stamps in.

Make sure that the pages you have left are for visas and not endorsements or for some other use.

I recall one post where some border immigration officer told a member that they would not let him back in the next time unless he had more pages available.

Edited by ubonjoe

I don't recall any report of anybody being turned away because of a shortage of pages when there were more than enough to put the visa and stamps in.

Just make sure that immigration doesn't use one of your empty pages.

I recall one post where some border immigration officer told a member that they would not let him back in the next time unless he had more pages available.

Cheers Ubonjoe,

Yeah, will have to instruct the Lao immigration officer where exactly to put the stamp.

Can't see it being a problem, but better to be safe than sorry.

Hi,

About to head to Laos for Non O.

Have just enough space in UK passport for Lao visa, Thai visa and accompanying entry and exit stamps.

Paranoia setting in a little bit, a mate said he heard through the grapevine that the Thai embassy and/or Immigration wants more pages available when granting someone a visa and/or entry.

Any thoughts on this?

Will be applying for a new passport as soon as I'm back.

Cheers

Normally you have to have 6 pages left,otherwise they can make a problem for you

Normally you have to have 6 pages left,otherwise they can make a problem for you

I think you are confusing 6 months with 6 pages.

Six pages would mean about one third of a normal passports visa pages would be useless.

In Vientiane now, got the Lao visa on arrival and entry stamp exactly where I wanted it. Now have just over a page and a half left so reckon they'll be no problems.

Something new to Lao immigration which was not in place the last time I came, the immigration officers at the visa on arrival counter also give you your entry stamp with your visa. This way there's only one queue now and not the standard two queues from before.

No problemo amigo,

Turned up at the Thai Embassy this morning an hour before they opened, about twenty people already in the queue.

They (The Embassy, not the twenty people in the queue) took my money and my passport and told me to turn up the next day so I'm assuming it'll be alright.

Was in and out in twenty minutes.

Lovely! Couldn't help feeling sorry for the poor buggers who still had a couple of hours of queueing in front of them as I was about to head off for a nice, cold beerlao!

Edited by jamesthefirst