Greek Food

odyody

:o whats your opinion about a new greek restaurant with original greek taste of food in bangkok or in pattaya?

we want to make your belly to be verry happy about this portions of real greek food

Edited by bonobo
reduced font size

Yes, we want Greek food in Pattaya. Don't make it too fancy or too expensive. Have most of these standards from the link and I think there would be a demand. Americans like it, Europeans like it, I don't know about Russians. I once went to a Greek place in Budapest and the place was packed, why not here?

http://www.greeka.com/greece-food-wine.htm

:o whats your opinion about a new greek restaurant with original greek taste of food in bangkok or in pattaya?

we want to make your belly to be verry happy about this portions of real greek food

Go back to greece?

Be quiet Honger or go back yourself, I for one would welcome a good Greek / Cypriot restaurant in Bangkok where we can have a proper mezze.

The more authentic you make it, the more successful you will be. Please avoid hiring staff that just stand there expressionless and point at the menu and say, you want number 28?

Edited by bonobo

Go back to greece?

please tell me whats your opinion about this where we can open this restaurant tell me the area in pattaya

Go back to greece?

please tell me whats your opinion about this where we can open this restaurant tell me the area in pattaya

where is boyztown?what soi or what road?

Go back to greece?

what about the economic crisis in pattaya?what about the tourists?you believe its a good idea pattaya?

where is boyztown?what soi or what road?

:D whats your opinion about a new greek restaurant with original greek taste of food in bangkok or in pattaya?

Go back to greece?

Be quiet Honger or go back yourself, I for one would welcome a good Greek / Cypriot restaurant in Bangkok where we can have a proper mezze.

The more authentic you make it, the more successful you will be. Please avoid hiring staff that just stand there expressionless and point at the menu and say, you want number 28?

Carefull mate ,don,t think Cypriots would like the idea of being called Greek , like telling someone from Laos they are really Thai , but love the Greek BBQ Lamb :o

Edited by ray08

I don't know, the cypriots i worked with when I was there last year for a few months oft referred to their food as greekish and considering that half of them zoom of the bright lights of athens for regular long weekends, combined with their utter hatred of the turks, don't really see an issue if I say Greek / Cypriot food.

either way, just bring it on!

My first wife was from Greece. I don't miss her in the least but her mother's cooking sure was good.....

classic

I would love a simple gyro sandwich with yogurt sauce or tomato-based sauce. I really miss eating a gyro with authentic Greek bread.

What I don't want to see is yet another place selling chicken/lamb in terrible pita breads..........yuk!

I am not sure where you will be able to get good gyro meat in Thailand.........but good luck!

My first wife was from Greece. I don't miss her in the least but her mother's cooking sure was good.....

classic

I would love a simple gyro sandwich with yogurt sauce or tomato-based sauce. I really miss eating a gyro with authentic Greek bread.

What I don't want to see is yet another place selling chicken/lamb in terrible pita breads..........yuk!

I am not sure where you will be able to get good gyro meat in Thailand.........but good luck!

My friend i know exactly how i can make the gyro like you ate proppably in greece all theese where they make gyro with lamb or chicken they dont know nothing about original greek souvlaki i am expert on this believe me but everybody they are copied on this wonderfull taste.something else now in greece about 5-7 years before we start to make souvlaki gyro with chicken but not with yogurt sauce but with something special.AND WE COOCED MOUSSAKA, PASTICCIO,LAMB BAKED IN THE OVEN,AND MANY MANY DIFFERENT GREEK SPECIALITES

classic

My friend i know exactly how i can make the gyro like you ate proppably in greece all theese where they make gyro with lamb or chicken they dont know nothing about original greek souvlaki i am expert on this believe me but everybody they are copied on this wonderfull taste.something else now in greece about 5-7 years before we start to make souvlaki gyro with chicken but not with yogurt sauce but with something special.AND WE COOCED MOUSSAKA, PASTICCIO,LAMB BAKED IN THE OVEN,AND MANY MANY DIFFERENT GREEK SPECIALITES

I have never been to Greece, but I did live in Wisconsin around people from Greece.......they made fantastic gyro, fresh sliced off a huge roll.......and also marinated souvlaki with a tomato sauce (probably tomato, oregano, garlic). I really miss those sandwiches. DELICIOUS! You can't find them in Thailand as far as I know. The bread is critical, as you know. I am sick and tired of that hard as a rock, terrible pita bread.

classic

You should give a try at "Olive & Kebab", on the 1st floor (2nd if you're from U.S.A.) of All Seasons Place. Owned by two Greek ladies. Good value for a quick lunch if you are in the area.

I for one would be delighted to find a good Greek restaurant in Pattaya. A good klefitko! Mezze! Real Greek salad with Greek olives and feta cheese! Yes, please.

As for where, there are many possibilities. Obviously 2nd Road. But, if the food's good and you get the word out, you can be less obviously central. Even Jomtien.

I wish you good fortune with this. Largely for personal reasons! :o

• 2 weeks later...

There was a Greek restaurant in soi Ekamai called Athena and it didn't last long,

less than a year i think, don't have an idea why they closed doors for good,

There was a Greek restaurant in soi Ekamai called Athena and it didn't last long,

Remember it. They used to have traditional dance and plates smashing on the floor... Maybe they ran out of china?!?

• 2 weeks later...

Remember it. They used to have traditional dance and plates smashing on the floor... Maybe they ran out of china?!?

I will also love to have Greek food in Bangkok. Since Athena closed is there any Greek restaurants in Bangkok at the moment?

Probably not enough customers - Greek food has to be, by the nature of the ingredients expensive in Thailand - lamb - olives - wine leaves olive oil ...etc etc all of which is imported and people here, even though they may love to eat it, will say its too expensive - in my oppinion, a Greek restaurant here would only work in a major 5 star Hotel or an absolute extremely prime location

The only exception to this rule, even not greek, must be the Ceedars, a lebanese place in a tiny side soi of 49 - but they have been there for ages and even though expensive, have a large following of regulars - with Lebanese food being a bit of a niche product here - expensive but very good..

Edited by JohnBKKK

• 1 month later...

For great Lebanese check out the small, dead-end soi one block west of Khao San. There are actually 2 Lebanese restaurants right next to each other. I always go to the second one. Its much cheaper than Beiruit or Cedar and much better in my opinion. They also give enormous portions-- I always have to take a doggie bag, and that's pretty impressive because I can eat a LOT. Very highly recommended.

For great Lebanese check out the small, dead-end soi one block west of Khao San. There are actually 2 Lebanese restaurants right next to each other. I always go to the second one. Its much cheaper than Beiruit or Cedar and much better in my opinion. They also give enormous portions-- I always have to take a doggie bag, and that's pretty impressive because I can eat a LOT. Very highly recommended.

Sounds interesting. Can you be a little more descriptive though in the location.  I would like to try it this weekend.

Sounds interesting. Can you be a little more descriptive though in the location. I would like to try it this weekend.

Sure. If I can remember correctly it is exactly the next West soi to the Southern entrance to Khao Sahn. It is quite near the gas station. It is a tiny dead end, and has two Lebanese restaurants and pretty much nothing else. I go to the one furthest from the main road. It is a fairly small restaurant with a few tables outside. The owner, a young bald Lebanese guy, is usually sitting outside. His Thai wife is the only waitress. I always get the falafel set with humus, salad, and fries, plus a few pita to dip in my humus. I recommend you don't eat all day so that you can take down the huge portion of food!

Sounds interesting. Can you be a little more descriptive though in the location. I would like to try it this weekend.

Sure. If I can remember correctly it is exactly the next West soi to the Southern entrance to Khao Sahn. It is quite near the gas station. It is a tiny dead end, and has two Lebanese restaurants and pretty much nothing else. I go to the one furthest from the main road. It is a fairly small restaurant with a few tables outside. The owner, a young bald Lebanese guy, is usually sitting outside. His Thai wife is the only waitress. I always get the falafel set with humus, salad, and fries, plus a few pita to dip in my humus. I recommend you don't eat all day so that you can take down the huge portion of food!

Khao San runs pretty much east and west. but since the entrance on the Burger King side is slightly further south, I would assume that is the southern entrance? Further west, though, would be the soi that runs parallel all the way along the length of Khao San between Khao San and Ratcha Damnoen Klang Road. Maybe I will just try to find the gas station.

My mouth is watering now, though, so I hope I find it. I am going off to the gym and want to eat here after.