4 Grenades Explode Near Thailand's Anti-government Tv Station

LaoPo

since in the airport thread, every post that put some context to the PAD actions but is not directly in connection to news "how i could pick up my grandma at the airport" but contains additional informations about the PAD got deleted by the Mods for being off topic i will answer here.

I am kind of amazed at the posts that scream about the "violent PAD" that have not spoken out about all the bombs used by their adversaries.

it is a FACT that the PAD guards are violent thugs and criminals. and what bombs?

PAD guards face drugs, weapons rap

POST REPORTERS

Police yesterday added drugs charges against two People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) guards, who were caught on Sunday carrying small home-made explosives and other weapons.

Wattana Kitpithak and Thanit Khan-urai were arrested after police found 23 home-made bombs, three grenades, four bullets, knives and wooden sticks in their possession.

The two were also found to be carrying cards identifying them as guards of the anti-government PAD.

Pol Col Sarathoon Pradit, the chief of Samsen police, said the two also faced additional charges of using drugs after they tested positive to illegal substances in urine tests.

Police said the two denied all the charges.

They claimed that a man named Nok paid them 200 baht to drop all the contraband goods near a garbage bin in front of Ratchadamnoen boxing stadium.

However, police were not convinced by the suspects' story.

Police will seek court approval today to detain the two for 12 days pending interrogation, said Pol Col Sarathoon.

PAD leader Pibhop Dhongchai yesterday claimed the group had dismissed the two men from their security service 10 days ago.

Kiartisak Rakpu, a taxi driver, who was also carrying a PAD volunteer guard card, was caught yesterday after explosions were heard near the rally venue at Government House.

Mr Kiartisak, from Chumphon province, was arrested in front of Ban Phitsanulok, the prime minister's official residence, by Nang Loeng police.

A pen-shaped gun, a folding knife, metal water pipes and nine PAD volunteer cards were found in his possession.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/111108_News/11Nov2008_news15.php

p718991451gd0.jpgp718991453yi9.jpg

p718991452ll5.jpgp718991415sx3.jpg

p718991413aq5.jpgp718991416as1.jpg

Thai TV news clip on youtube: They do Pingpong Bomb for themselves

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Toxin gets back in power I wouldn't like to be a UK citizen living in LoS and needing a visa, in fact I think I would be assessing my long term future there, especially once the unmentionable and inevitable comes to pass and the big power struggle kicks off.

:o Better hope he hasn't got one of his employees reading Thai Visa and bribing ISP's for names and addresses !

This would be entirely consistent with Dr T's current crazed state-of-mind, but forgive me if I don't quite see, what you appear to find so funny about it ? We farangs & TV-posters are all just on-lookers, broadly anti-corruption, and don't vote here. So why should we become victims, because Dr T gets himself banned from decent countries, due to his convicted-criminal on-the-run status ?

[

Ricardo, whats funny is the suggestion that U.K. citizens living in Thailand will have difficulty getting visas to remain here or that they would be in danger if they did so.

With regards to internet interferance I suggest you read the following thread :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Democrats-Pr...47#entry2348547

Also : http://www.bangkokpost.com/021008_News/02Oct2008_news24.php

The first article topic deals with the Democrats proposed legistlation . The Bangkok post clip explains about the activities of Taskforce 6080.

You will remember that You Tube was banned in Thailand and see the connection between the above links and that fact.

There are other threads on the topic of internet legistlation that you might find informative if you care to search the archives or use google.

it is a FACT that the PAD guards are violent thugs and criminals. and what bombs?

One-eyed or blind...hard to say.

But it seems you have missed the numerous grenade-attacks against PAD, even going on close to the airport as of today.

That grenade "news" is dated November 11.

It has been discussed already form all angles.

There's absolutenly no need to post a whole presentation here again.

For those who missed it - the two guards had been fired by PAD a week earlier (for weapon possession, nonetheless).

The whole story smells of a setup, three weeks later - nothing came out of it.

Permanent Disorder is simply trolling. Prepare for more "breaking news" sourced from last year archives or something.

For those who missed it - the two guards had been fired by PAD a week earlier (for weapon possession, nonetheless).

The whole story smells of a setup, three weeks later - nothing came out of it.

Permanent Disorder is simply trolling. Prepare for more "breaking news" sourced from last year archives or something.

Besides, he should know as he bumped the decade-old thread yet again on "Phuket something something Singapore". That's the graveyard for old, tired, already hashed over news.... post it there.

One-eyed or blind...hard to say.

But it seems you have missed the numerous grenade-attacks against PAD, even going on close to the airport as of today.

who did this? the bombing? do you know it?

a proPADler in this thread told us before is was done by red shirts, i asked him for evidence, but he didn't answer. guess he made this just up in his fantasy. no surprise for a PAD cult follower.

and does it make any of the PAD mob actions looks right or legal? NO, in no way. even if someone hwoever had throw a grenade against them, it's still a violent ugly mob.

i never hear from the PAD or on the TOC news that the PAD distance themself from such action. TOC channel keeps quite an does not any reports about. PAD keeps fingerpointing on others but keeps also quiet about own fault and flaws.

and PAD apologists on TVforum also just keep finger pointing on others or the great unknown and even justify the violent attacks and even murder and attempted murder done by the PAD scum.

I doubt whoever did it was wearing a large sign, name-tag and brightly colored shirt...they don't want to get caught.

But you are denying that groups/factions oppose to the PAD is most likely to be the ones sending grenades on their positions?

Btw, if you want to call PAD murderous, maybe you should list the number of dead and hurt on either side...just to be fair. Not that you know what that is.

Edited by TAWP

seem like a few people don't know that and are so surprised that there are some bombs in the PAD camp or other weapons around.

that smells only for apologists and fans of murderers like a set up. do you have any evidence that this is a set up? just look at the shooting on vibhavadi road. the assault on the radio station there. what is your interpretation for that? there you see the PAD gunmen on the PAD loud speaker truck.

PAD is SCUM.

and PAD getting bombed? i could call just a set up by themself. they are fanatic and gagga enough to do so. scum with no shame and respect for the life of others = PAD.

I doubt whoever did it was wearing a large sign, name-tag and brightly colored shirt...they don't want to get caught.

But you are denying that groups/factions oppose to the PAD is most likely to be the ones sending grenades on their positions?

Btw, if you want to call PAD murderous, maybe you should list the number of dead and hurt on either side...just to be fair. Not that you know what that is.

no, i deny nothing. i don't know who was throwing the bombs.

but do you deny that the shooting from the truck at vibhavadi road was attemped murder or when the PAD mob clubbing the people on 2.sept. unconscious people on the ground got hit and the head again and again with wooden stick and golf clubs. they are ready and willing to kill people and have it done already. or do you deny that?

i just say that tthe grenade attacks from unknown justify in no way the violent PAD action and the guard behaivior. look at the video of the attack on vibhavadi road.

that are para militaric units. you can see a few men gave orders to the others what the "soldiers" have to do, like destroying the motobike for example.

and i read your comment in the orther thread about the bad and armed red shirts. did you take a deep look at those pictures?

how scary they look?

424896408_DsPuN-M.jpg

pictures taken from this entry

come on, is that your evidence. they dosn't look like the thugs i could spot on the PAD side. don't try to make a drama of it.

And what should we call you, permanent_disorder? Permanent_troll perhaps...

why? do you have a problem that i don't like the violent PAD actions and their murder attempts.

even if it would have been a movement that share the same goals with my political opinion. after seeing the evidence how my "comrades" behave i would distance myself from them and condemn such doings instead to find an apology and excuse for that. i don't march and team up with murderers.

And what should we call you, permanent_disorder? Permanent_troll perhaps...

why? do you have a problem that i don't like the violent PAD actions and their murder attempts.

even if it would have been a movement that share the same goals with my political opinion. after seeing the evidence how my "comrades" behave i would distance myself from them and condemn such doings instead to find an apology and excuse for that. i don't march and team up with murderers.

I have to agree that its nigh on impossible to deny that the PAD guards are a dangerous bunch of thugs. Whereas it might be true that they do not represent a majority of the PAD protesters they are certainly large enough a group to give the rest of the PAD a violent image.

Apart from the events up at Rangsit yesterday the police also arrested a PAD guard in a pick up truck who had a machine pistol ( uzi ) and a revolver hidden in his seat. The guard in question confirmed the truck was his but didn't know who had secreted the guns ( and ammunition ) in the back of his seat. " I dont even know how to fire a gun" was one of his defense plees :o

As Perm Dis suggests, if there are any non violent PAD ies, they would do well to disassociate themselves from their more violent ' comrades ' as soon as possible or risk getting tarred with the same brush.

To be fair, the UDD also have their share of nutters but they are much fewer in number and they are not organised by a central leadership into a private militia.

Edited by Bangyai

And so who do you two think has been killing PAD members for two weeks?

Tooth fairy, Easter bunny, Mary Magdalen?

Oh yeah, you think it IS PAD members...

Good question animatic but as yet unanswered as nobody has been caught yet. You will remember that the PAD demanded that the police aprehend the culprits but then refused police entry to the site for several hours. But for what its worth I personaly condemn any violence no matter who does it and from which side. And if the breaking news from Chiang Mai is true regarding the man dragged from his car and murdered, I hope the murderers were caught on tape and can be brought to justice ASAP.My sympathies to his family

they dosn't look like the thugs i could spot on the PAD side. don't try to make a drama of it.

They've already killed a man today, PD. Just a couple of hours after your pix were taken.

They attacked a radio station, dragged the father of PAD supporter from the car, beaten and finally shot him.

It might look like a funny trolling game to you, Permanent Disorder, but people are dying.

This was on NBC Nightly News (National) last night. It showed video of the protesters (PAD) and also had video of someone shooting a pistol of some kind. He fired 3-4 shots. This looked to be in the open area of the airport. So, much for non-violence!

Here is a post from Yahoo. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081126/ap_on_re_as/as_thailand_political_unrest

This is a sad situation. There needs to be a resolution before it gets way out of hand. I am now going to put my plan to move to Thailand on hold. My wonderful (Thai)wife of 5 years and our son was planning to move back there soon. We have been in the US for the past 5 years. I was so lucky to land a great job that will be in Thailand and our dream was coming true, but THIS! :o

It looks like it will get worse before it gets better.

The fact is folks, it is easy to don a red shirt or yellow shirt at a whim and go and create whatever mahem you need to further your cause. And yes I do believe that the PAD thugs would grenade their own PAD supporters, in order to give the 'leadership' (used in the loosest possible term) the ammunition needed to rally more supporters and sympathy. This is anarchy, nobody knows what is going on or who is responsible.

I have heard many people complaining about vote buying in elections in Thailand and to be honest everybody needs to take a reality check. Every democratic election is subject to vote buying. The difference in Thailand is that Thaksin more or less did it using cash. For the rest of us, during election times we are offered 'bribes' by opposing parties. 'We will cut tax by 10% and give you extra health care', 'well we will cut tax by 15% and give you free health care and extra schools', blah blah, blah, and guess what, none of them deliver!! Well at least people in Thailand got their cash upfront from Thaksin.

I am staggered by what has been allowed to happen here. My overwhelming conclusion is that Thailand is not anywhere near ready for Democracy and the personal vendetta between the leader of PAD and Thaksin will lead to the ruination of this wonderful country. As far as the international community is concerned, World Leaders, Ambassadors and Consulars everywhere must be amazed at the total lack of Leadership displayed by both the Thai government and the Thai military forces/security forces in allowing the major hub of the countries economy to be effectively shut down.

My wife was a keen supporter of the PAD core principles, however the images of the last 48 hours have sickened her, she no longer wishes to associate with the PAD. The owner of a local restaurant told me last night how she was very proud to have just donated 50 000 baht to the PAD, hoping it would buy food and water for supporters in Bangkok. I wiped the smile off her face when I said maybe it has been used to buy lots of bullets like the ones we saw being fired off on the news. This is all going to end in tears I tell you.

Breakingnews

4 explosions occur at Misakawan Intersection

Published on November 27, 2008

Four explosions occurred at the Misakawan Intersection near the Government House early Thursday.

No one was injured in the incident, which happened at 4 am.

Guards of the People's Alliance for Democracy said grenades might be launched from the Education Ministry.

Some military police were deployed to check the scene immediately.

-The Nation

LaoPo

Breakingnews

Gunfire heard near Government House

Published on November 27, 2008;November 27, 2008 : Last updated 08:13 am

Gunfire was heard near the Government House at 2 am Thursday.

Police and guards of the People's Alliance for Democracy said five series of gunfire were heard from the Misakawan Intersection to the Wang Daeng Intersection. Each time, at least 10 shots were fired, they said.

No one was injured.

Police found that a suspect detention truck was hit over a dozen of times, breaking its windshield.

-The Nation

LaoPo

Breakingnews

4 explosions occur at Misakawan Intersection

Published on November 27, 2008

Four explosions occurred at the Misakawan Intersection near the Government House early Thursday.

Guards of the People's Alliance for Democracy said grenades might be launched from the Education Ministry.

-The Nation

LaoPo

Welcome to PADland. The PAD are lucky that they are not under the full asault from the Authorities that they would be in any other country in the world... and with popular support at that.

They are now emboldened and when they have to be reigned in there will be bigger trouble because more sheep will have joined them.

Brainwashing of PAD... naaaa a quick rinse is all thats required with most of them!

Police Surround PAD at Government House

The police have mobilised forces at intersections around Government House, prompting the PAD to step up security fearing a crackdown. PAD core leader Chamlong Srimuang is asking more supporters to turn up.

At around 7 am this morning, police officers moved in to the intersections around Government House, resulting in protesters being unable to enter and exit the rally site.

PAD core leader Chamlong Srimuang spoke on the stage, informing the crowds of the police presence and asking the PAD volunteer guards and the protesters to remain alert and step up security.

He said to prevent a crackdown on the protest, PAD supporters must come join the rally and surround the police so they cannot use violence against the rally.

Source: Thailand Outlook - 27 November 2008

Gunshots at Misakawan Intersection Damages Police Truck

Gunshots were fired at the PAD protesters near the Misakawan intersection, close to Government House, causing damages to a police truck.

At 2 am today, a round of gunshots rang out at the Misakawan intersection, close to the area behind the Metropolitan Police Headquarters.

A police truck was hit by bullets.

PAD protesters said they saw the shots being fired from within the Education Ministry compound.

Source: Thailand Outlook - 27 November 2008

Explosions, gunfire heard near Government House

Earlier the day or at 2 am, five series of gunfire were heard on roads around the Government House. Each moment, about ten shots of firing were heard.

No one was injured either.

Police and guards of the People's Alliance for Democracy said the gunfire was heard from the Misakawan Intersection to the Wang Daeng Intersection.

Police found that a suspect detention truck was hit over a dozen of times. The truck's windshield as smashed by some of the bullets.

Police some of the shots were fired from a bunker made of tyres.

Captain Supradit Plengchawee, a military police, who inspected the scene at 2 am, said he received a phone call from a PAD guard, alerting about the gunfire.

Supradit said the PAD suspected that a group of assailants opened fire at the PAD guards on Phitsanulok Road from inside the Education Ministry.

Supradit said the military could not go inside the ministry to investigate because it was odd hour.

Source: The Nation - 27 November 2008

Police deployed to keep security at taxi community radio station, NBT

Over 300 policemen were deployed to protect the taxi community radio station on Soi Vibhavadi 3 Thursday morning.

Pol Col Piyapong Pholwanit, commander of the Bang Sue police station, said 300 policemen from the Metropolitan Police Division 5 and 6 as well as 12 policemen from his station were deployed to guard the taxi community radio station at 9:30 am.

The station was attacked by men suspected to be guards of People's Alliance for Democracy early Wednesday.

The Metropolitan Police Division 5 also deployed 150 policemen to guard the NBT station.

Explosions, gunfire heard near Government House

Captain Supradit Plengchawee, a military police, who inspected the scene at 2 am, said he received a phone call from a PAD guard, alerting about the gunfire.

Supradit said the PAD suspected that a group of assailants opened fire at the PAD guards on Phitsanulok Road from inside the Education Ministry.

Supradit said the military could not go inside the ministry to investigate because it was odd hour.

Thats what he said. What he meant was "those who live by the sword, die by the sword" stop bleating and get on with it.

More Bomb Attacks and Gunfire at PAD Guards

A series of bomb attacks and shots were fired at the PAD guards near the Misakawan Intersection through out last night.

The attacks fortunately did not result in any injury.

Military units have been dispatched to the crime scene to collect evidence and investigate the origins of the attacks.

- TOC / 2008-11-27

Edited by sbk
no personal commentary in news posts--sbk

no, i deny nothing. i don't know who was throwing the bombs.

but do you deny that the shooting from the truck at vibhavadi road was attemped murder or when the PAD mob clubbing the people on 2.sept. unconscious people on the ground got hit and the head again and again with wooden stick and golf clubs. they are ready and willing to kill people and have it done already. or do you deny that?

i just say that tthe grenade attacks from unknown justify in no way the violent PAD action and the guard behaivior. look at the video of the attack on vibhavadi road.

that are para militaric units. you can see a few men gave orders to the others what the "soldiers" have to do, like destroying the motobike for example.

and i read your comment in the orther thread about the bad and armed red shirts. did you take a deep look at those pictures?

how scary they look?

424896408_DsPuN-M.jpg

pictures taken from this entry

come on, is that your evidence. they dosn't look like the thugs i could spot on the PAD side. don't try to make a drama of it.

P-D, you were asked a straight question. Don't evade it so blythly.

List the dead on each side,

and then STATE which side is actually factually murderous.

Which side HAS killed people not directly attacking them face on.

The prepondance of evidence shows Red side actually kills people,

not JUST fires weapons at the other side.

Attempted murder during melee certainly might be true.

As recently as last night in Chaing mai.

Man dragged from his car and shot by red side.

Because they don't like his PAD radio station operating son.

That's a chilling reason to die, your sons political affiliation.