Any Decent Schools In Nong Khai?

jaideeguy

I have 2 kids [9 and 11 yrs, Thai] and and am considering moving to Nong Khai area and am wondering what the schooling options are there or near NK. My kids now go to a Thai school which is a step or two above public school system and I would like to keep them on the same level [or above].

What are the options there in Nong Khai or within a 40k raidus of NK??

Nongthaidude.....

A quick google revealed that there were several complaints about St. Paul and I have my own reservations about a 'catholic' school, having suffered thru a couple of years of it myself. I would be interested in the 'other' school you mention....and contact info.

There was one mention and comment that the govmt. school in NK is above the norm.

I have 2 kids [9 and 11 yrs, Thai] and and am considering moving to Nong Khai area and am wondering what the schooling options are there or near NK. My kids now go to a Thai school which is a step or two above public school system and I would like to keep them on the same level [or above].

What are the options there in Nong Khai or within a 40k raidus of NK??

Our daughter visits Khon Kaen Vithes Suksa Bilingual School ( http://www.kkvs.ac.th in Khon Kaen). The school operates a dormitory. 50% of the teachers are from NZ, the school follows a NZ way of education (think for yourself, not just repeat after me).

Even so we live only 50 km from this school, our daughter stays in the dormitory from Monday to Friday. There are several Matayom kids from Udon and Nong Khai there too.

The school is a bit more expensive: school fees, dormitory and this and that may add to about 250'000 per year.

Regards

Thedi

Mine also goes to KKVS - thoroughly recommend it. She stays with a classmate's family in Khon Kaen and homestays are available with teachers and other families.

She went to St.Paul and I couldn't wait to get her out of there, although she enjoyed it. Prathumthep's English program appears very good (some of their M6 students have excellent English skills) and it is over-subscribed.