Shooting A Movie In Phuket

jcon

It's Awesomely quiet and beautiful at this resort... maybe too quiet unless you're 50, rich, and married... I barely get phone service... beautiful villas, but 3 weeks in a resort villa is well... just like 3 weeks in a hotel room in anytown-BFE - but hey it's free.

Any Phuketers on set here? (There are plenty of them, but I haven't walked around asking extras if they were Phuket ThaiVisa members - that would be like checking ThaiVisa everyday or something - err... :D ... )

If you're the Muay Thai dude from New York (theDon? no, he was from OZ...), or the <deleted> Swedish chick who owns a yacht-charter company, I've already met you... anybody else? Like the Phuket-version of girlx, yasx, thithix, and RJTx? :o

Tourists staying at the Andamas must wonder where they are going when they drive that crappy road for about 15 km and find themselves in the middle of nowhere. Nice enough large scale resort, but no neighbouring shops or resturants.

yep, it's a price-gouger's paradise :o You want food? "Eat here"

But a 15-20min walk down the beach will get you to Nai Yarn, the nearest pseudo-town...

Though, it must be said that if you're coming to Adamas, I think you want privacy, and you certainly are paying for it! Private beaches is a very nice bonus. Romantic, yes. Party paradise, definitely not. I don't know if that privacy justifies charging 52k per night for the beach villas, however.

and yes, the road is crappy. :D

We were looking for a short break last month and I looked up the more expensive places listed on a late booking web site. Andamas room had list price about 12,000 baht/night, on offer for 3,600 baht incl ABF. So we went out to see what you get for 12,000 baht. I thought we had got lost on the way as so far & few signs. Big big place, had to to have shuttle golf cart to get to a room block. The room was nothing wonderful for the price, a 3 floor rooming block, no easy chairs or coffee table (just one hard back chair) which are a must for me. The sea was at least 500m away. We did not bother booking a room.

Compulsory Gala Dinner

Christmas Eve 24.12.2008: 3500 Baht/Adult & 1750 Baht/Child (age 5-12 years)

New Year`s Eve 31.12.2008: 6800 Baht/Adult & 3400 Baht/Child (age 5-12 years)

Compulsory? "You must eat zis because ve said zo!" :o