Yamaha Fz6 Fazer...

gobs

Hi friends,

After 2 or 3 months of questions, ups and downs, debates, calculations, thoughts, and ideas and advices from you all on this board, at the end, I've got MY brand new Yam FZ6 Fazer last Saturday from Charoen Motor, here in CNX.

And after some rides in and around the city the past days, in traffic or on open roads, the FZ6 is really what I was waiting for. Alone on the bike or with my (lovely) wife as passenger, it's great... So I feel conform with my choice, and even more: I'm a happy it!

Furthermore, exit the loops of the true or fake Green Book, gasohol or not and unknown backyard fixings. OK I payed the full price for this, but I guess it is like an (expensive?) insurance for peace and quiet for the next years...

So, beginning with the idea of purchasing a recent second hand big one-liter-up-bike (CB 1300, XJR 1200 or VTR 1000), following thinking about a multipurpose Africa Twin, Transalp or Versys, I choose a middle weighted but versatile bike as many of you recommended: at ease in the heavy traffic (even if CNX is not BKK, I know) and sufficiently powered on the roads to have some fun (at least for me, as I'm not at all a Valentino Rossi's clone or a chiampionship pilot).

Fun and ease at my scale is what I ask every day from the life in anything...

Then, Kawy ER6 or Yammy FZ6? IMHO this is a no-ending debate... They are not the same bikes and don't have the same tastes. I should say maybe the Kawy is coffee-espresso and the Yammy coffee-capucino. A lot to offer both, but I prefer capucino: it is my own taste!

And as says LivinLOS in another board, when you put on the table 300, 400 KB or more, for this lot of money you WANT to be REALLY pleased, not to make a choice by the downside...

Just to share my pleasure with you, friends!

So thanks to all from

:o A VERY HAPPY BIKER :D

Cheers,

Gobs

Good to hear you went for the most smartest choice, I saw some posts before on your questions and got a bit worried, buying 100% legal. Beats the sh.t out of anything, today I was stopped by a Bangkok Rama 2 road police checkup. When I stopped they already had two farangs one CB400 and a Suzuki... the exact model was for me unsure. I never got of my bike and did not take of my helmet.

But by the reaction of the other two foreigners they where assuming that I would also join the group who was waiting for the higher authority. For a few moments I was considering to get of the bike, but hearing how the two where talking about the cops, I skipped this opportunity to help. Riding around with no license plates in Bangkok on a CB400 and then being rude to a police office because they stop you.....

Is for me to hot to handle, I have no idea if the Suzuki had plates...etc... it was parked with headlight to me... Which would maybe indicate that the Suzuki rider turned back for his friend.... (Sorry, it is impossible to see details as license plates on Suzuki bikes in the rear mirrors of a Italian sport bike, especially when accelerating ...)

Goobs, great choice. :o I think the FZ is the milder bike than the YZF, and cheaper as well. If I had several spare million baht to spend on vehicles, I might get that FZ and a new Camry or Teanna. But we are building a house. The Suzuki EN is not available here, anyway. Did you consider a new Triumph? I will wave as you speed by me here. Maybe I saw you this week.

Congratulations on choice of a very nice bike (I had an FZ1 for awhile) and getting it new with paperwork taken care of. Only way to go, as I learned the hard way. I've only been pulled over twice on my fully plated / insured '07 Duc (I avoid Sukhumvit & Petchburi roads) - and disappointed looks on the faces of the BIB as they saw everything checked out- priceless.

Edited by Netfan

Thanks for your congrats friends!

And enjoy your bikes and rides... as I'm surely going to do!

Hey, PeaceBlondie, wave in advance, but, please, where did you see me this week? My FZ6 is black... as all the FZ6 imported in Thailand are. :o

Cheers to all,

Gobs

Nice one Gobs! That bike looks fantastic.

I'm going for the D-Tracker because I live in the Boonies, seems perfect for my needs. That bike's lovely but although I've got the Taiwan contracts next year, I'm tight as a duck's when it comes to motor vehicles. That D-Tracker's going to cost me around £2800 which is more than 3 times what I have spent previously on a vehicle. Last car I bought was a Xantia Diesel for £800 five years ago, which I just sold for £300. (See what I mean).

The old woman bought a D-Max last year which just about caused me to go into cardiac arrest. I think it was 360,000 Baht or something bonkers.

I'm so tight in fact, I once bought a pair of left foot flip flops cos' they were half price!

Anyway, enjoy yourself old boy.

MJP are you SO tight that you squeak when you walk. i'm kinda the same bless my scottish mum

i'm in the process of buying a 2nd hand truck and just found out if i wait until 2009 (5weeks) its 20,000baht cheaper but i have 10 days off over xmas and want to travel a bit uuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm what to to do ,what to do.

MJP are you SO tight that you squeak when you walk. i'm kinda the same bless my scottish mum

i'm in the process of buying a 2nd hand truck and just found out if i wait until 2009 (5weeks) its 20,000baht cheaper but i have 10 days off over xmas and want to travel a bit uuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm what to to do ,what to do.

Buy the thing and use it to travel in. This will save 20,000 Baht (keep telling yourself that Al, and it will become true!)

Yes, I'm under orders to buy another truck. I'm looking at exactly what you're looking at. A old friend in Rayong has one, a 2003 XLT 4x4 Open Cab. Fantastic thing and good value. I've had L200's in the UK and avoid like plague. The Ford's got that 'Lee Majors' look to it.

Thanks to all friends!

You know, MJP, I too sometimes am tight...

I too have bought second hand shoes: some Nikes ones... Or, as I'm french, in Carrefour, when I want to buy a Camembert cheese, I first check if there is a discount on some pieces (older they are, tastier they are! I'm speaking of the Camemberts, hey :o )...

But I don't know, from time to time, I've to break my piggy bank!

Great you are purchasing a Kawy D-Tracker, MJP! Nice bike...

Good rides to all,

Gobs

Sorry, it is impossible to see details as license plates on Suzuki bikes in the rear mirrors of a Italian sport bike, especially when accelerating ...
Hi, which bike are you riding?
I avoid Sukhumvit & Petchburi roads
I wish I could as well.  :o Edited by RusticCharm

• 1 month later...

As Gobs I went for the FZ6 even though the ER6n is available for lot less money, I fell in love with it just fitted me as a glove and the top end it's unreal whack it and it will burn some serious rubber. I love the four cylinder sound, the race engine.. the fit yes the whole package, what a bike.

Then secondarily the service from Yamaha must be experienced to be believed, best service I ever had in my entire life, I mean for my birthday they gave me an outing to a lake with testing out all there bikes, waverunners on the lake and Yamaha girls for my entertainment in the later hours all expenses by Yamaha. Never ever had that service before, true bike lovers are running the shop so you just get pumped by being there. Love it...

I ordered my FZ6 and good people I cannot wait to twist my wrist on it, I can't sleep just imagining the thrill. Will do a full 2 week Thailand tour when she arrives so hopefully I will crash into as many as possible of all of you.

Cheers Bard