Sky News

iainiain101

SKY news are reporting a PAD protestor shot dead in CM. Anyone have any more news?

CNN mentions this in an article titled "Thailand in crisis as violence spreads north"

"Clashes between PAD and pro-government protesters were also reported to have spread from the capital to the country's second-largest city, according to a journalist who witnessed the confrontation.

Protesters wearing yellow shirts in the northern city of Chiang Mai pulled a 60-year-old man from his car and shot and killed him late Wednesday, Reuters journalist John Sanlin told CNN. Anti-government protesters typically wear yellow shirts, he said. "

entire CNN article

Did the reds or yellows do it? stupid reporters. Its rather important!

Protesters wearing yellow shirts dragged...

or

A gang of government supporters ...

Jai yen yen CM. Yellows are nuts to try anything here. Half the surrounding countryside is waiting to pour in tanked up on sangsom.

Edited by SomNamNah

Did the reds or yellows do it? stupid reporters. Its rather important!

Protesters wearing yellow shirts dragged...

or

A gang of government supporters ...

Jai yen yen CM. Yellows are nuts to try anything here. Half the surrounding countryside is waiting to pour in tanked up on sangsom.

Thai gang shoots dead anti-govt supporter . . .

SomNamNah, here is a guide to help you understand the media coverage of the current situation in Thailand.

Red = pro-government

Yellow = anti-government

I sincerely hope this helps.

JxP

ermmm thanks Junior expat..

I sincerely hope you learn to read!

Protesters wearing yellow shirts dragged... ie: anti-government

or

A gang of government supporters ... ie: (and correct me if im wrong), pro-government

xx

cant help feeling both sides are infiltrated by agents provocateurs.

Edited by SomNamNah

or

A gang of government supporters ... ie: (and correct me if im wrong), pro-government

xx

Utter drivel i.e. drivel i.e i.e i.e :o

Jeez, you guys are touchy!.. all i commented on was the conflicting reports!

I just hope this all ends soon, before the fallout from the financial crisis hits CM after the 'high'season. Last thing they (my Thai friends and family) need. Although there will be rice to harvest around CM, it doesnt pay half as well as construction, which must slow soon?. Im truly concerned for them over the next two years. As for me? firk it, im a farang... there will always be work somewhere in farangland.

PAD members in a pick-up truck were trying to drive through a line of government supporters calling themselves “We Love Chiang Mai 51”, who had blocked the road at the entrance to the house of Terdsak Jiamkitwattana, a leading member of the PAD.

1227713279.jpg

Edited by SomNamNah

Channel 7 news just reported this as well. the 60 year old father of a leader of PAD Chiang Mai was pulled from his car and beaten to death during a confrontation with members of "Kon Rag Chiang Mai '51" group, which I surmise is the local UDD affiliate. Near Hai Ya, where apparently the UDD folks had congregated in preparation to go to the airport. Video footage of pistols being fired something burning, and a pickup truck getting smashed up with bats.

Also, two drivers seriously injured at Chiang Mai airport . They were beaten when they went to pick up a constitutional law expert arriving. Video of bloodied victims, with reports of broken bones. TV did not report who was responsible.

Edited by Puwa

Channel 7 news just reported this as well. the 60 year old father of a leader of PAD Chiang Mai was pulled from his car and beaten to death during a confrontation with members of "Kon Rag Chiang Mai '51" group, which I surmise is the local UDD affiliate. Near Hai Ya, where apparently the UDD folks had congregated in preparation to go to the airport. Video footage of pistols being fired something burning, and a pickup truck getting smashed up with bats.

Also, two drivers seriously injured at Chiang Mai airport . They were beaten when they went to pick up a constitutional law expert arriving. Video of bloodied victims, with reports of broken bones. TV did not report who was responsible.

I believe this is the Vihok Radio, which is based in Ramingnivet (Tippanet/Haiya area). That conflict has been going on for months based on the Red/yellow divide. The Vihok radio station and the "We love CM" are the centres of each group respectively and baiting each other continually. Today tempers obviously reached boiling point. Both headquarters have received minor bomb/fire attacks previously.

I doubt that the UDD supporters just happened to go past on their way to the airport. The address and the associated radio are the centre of PAD support and it is a well known fact.

Just as the Grand Warorot Hotel behind Wat Phra Singh is the centre for red supporters.

Police check points up as I came back into the city tonight. Checking every vehicle, some in detail.

or

xx

My apologies, I did not notice the error in the reports.

JxP

My neighbor is a tuk tuk driver and she said saw what happened when she was looking for passengers. She said that the man in "yellow" was trying to get into his village and the people in "red" were blocking the entrance so, he decided to run them down with his truck and they turned violent and shook the heck out of the truck before dragging him out and beating him with bamboo poles, he did not die on the seen he died latter at the hospital not that it makes any difference. I'm not saying this is factual or true but I believe my neighbor.

And about the two people at the airport, I read somewhere (can't remember where...) that it was two men and a women in yellow who got stopped by the Rak Chiang Mai 51 at the airport. They stopped the car and the three ppl inside had to run away but they were caught up and beaten, or something like that. Wish I could remember where it was written, maybe Bangkok Post of yesterday ?