The Airport: How Much Have You Lost?

Dakhar

I know someone whose Visa will expire today and is due to fly out this afternoon, has a job to do for 2-3 days in Hk and will lose a fair amount from this and will also miss his flight from HK to the UK, He's going to lose a lot poor sod. Maybe Pad will give him some free "hand clappers".......... the he can beat them to death with them!!!!!! :o

Had the same thing yesterday with EVa leaving UK to BKK cancelled. Eva have confirmed 100% refund. :D Interestingly the girl at the agent who called me said that Thai airways were NOT offering a refund :o Can't imagine why other than this stupid face not our fault/problem thing. I'm no longer surprised at anything regarding Thailand anymore and so glad I got my family to the UK a few years back. My wife and daughter are disgusted with the whole thing and also have a colourful opinion of their home nation. And it's a lot more BLUE than red or yellow.

Come to think of it i've never heard my wife swear in English before but by god she was good at it today :D

Edited by englishoak

Sounds like boycott time. I think Thailand deserves every economic fall that is inevitably going to happen to them. I will never fly Thai airways again.

Eva have confirmed 100% refund. :D Interestingly the girl at the agent who called me said that Thai airways were NOT offering a refund :o

EVA has business sense and ownership that is accountable. Thai Airways is the place where the military parks its good ole boys that need a job and freebies, I reckon.

For those in the UK, and other western nations, your do have legal rights under your local consumer protection laws and it would be a good idea for you to consult with your appropriate national agency. For those that booked TG, remember that the next time you ever buy a ticket.

His Majesties Birthday is one week away. I look forward to his address as always with enthusiasm and anticipation.

I think we can assume all currently unruly factions will soon begin to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner?

What? like free Birthday cake at the airport?

I losing few K per day already. But the big news is that the Army was holding Asias Biggest Rock festival with 50plus bands playing over two days on three stages.

http://www.junkonline.net/articles/618-Ban...angkok-2930-Nov

It was at the Thai Army Stadium so they have also lost all the beer and food sales, the T-shirts, bling etc. All the flights and hotels have lost out along with the Taxi drivers. More PAD fans. AND I bet all the beer and bling was already moving to the staduim as it starts tomorrow!! Bugger.

Impressive line up and WERE expecting a lot and estimated 250,000 were there last year!!!

Add this to Bangkoks loss of the ASEAN summit and the Government moving to Chaing Mai with all the media circus etc. Think, they are all staying at hotels and guesthouses in Chaing Mai, drinking in CM bars and hotels and buying CM food. I direct loss to BKK and a direct gain to CM.

Money will start to talk soon. But has the Karma started. First big financial loss to The Army.

It would be interesting to hear from someone who visits the immigration office today. They must be SWAMPED! Certainly, they'll announce an amnesty for small overstays this week.

I wouldn't count on that, I had something similar when the tsunami struck, road blocked, police turned the bus back ... paid overstay ... no way around that ...

It would be interesting to hear from someone who visits the immigration office today. They must be SWAMPED! Certainly, they'll announce an amnesty for small overstays this week.

LOL, good joke.

Sounds like boycott time. I think Thailand deserves every economic fall that is inevitably going to happen to them. I will never fly Thai airways again.

Eva have confirmed 100% refund. :D Interestingly the girl at the agent who called me said that Thai airways were NOT offering a refund :o

Thai Airways? Oh, yeah, that slightly overpriced airliner with 950 seats on a Fokker 50.

Certainly, they'll announce an amnesty for small overstays this week.

You sure of that ?....its business as usual for Immigration, they didnt cause this problem...so overstay fines for all.... :o

Doubt it, they're probably rubbing their dirty, sweaty hands with glee.

Certainly, they'll announce an amnesty for small overstays this week.

You sure of that ?....its business as usual for Immigration, they didnt cause this problem...so overstay fines for all.... :o

They are probably rubbing their dirty, sweaty paws with glee on this one.

CNN was same old , same old news , cannot get BBC so clicked on Malasia news channel ,they said the airport closure is costing 70 million dollars a day , run that down the ripple line and figure out the multi millions this is costing the country at this time . For the smart monetary wizards , figure that over the next 6 months country wide and please give us a ball park figure , think it will make what Mr 'T' stole look like chicken feed .

You were saying about your own money exchange losses !!!!!!

I have a flight booked through travelocity.co.uk on Thai Air.

Just reading this it doesn't fill me with much hope to recoup the £780 I spent on the flight.

The flight hasn't been cancelled yet though and is on Saturday evening (arriving on Sunday) so there's still a glimmer of hope.

I'm going through the whole marriage process next week so I'm a little worried about how things will be in Bangkok itself for getting this done, Amphur, Embassy, translation services etc... Especially with the Kings Birthday on Friday time was looking a bit short as it was!

Another note, I noticed the exchange rate got better for the £/Baht but I put £10 000 into my Thai bank account in July when the rate was still 60up and then it went down to 52ish so I was onto a winner, now it's heading back up there with all this crap going on.

Ah well...

- ShugNorris

I have a flight to Singapore scheduled. (6+K Baht) down the toilet.
I only just lost 200.000 because I can't finish my job ( waiting for parts )

Oh and I have no doubts there are those that will lose far more, than 200K.... I have a financial deal in the works and the deal will have to be delayed until the airports open. 35K is on the line for this deal. I imagine there will be some delays in the opening of our new main office, a project of over 3million USD etc.... it is a ripple effect.

But for right now, I have a flight scheduled on monday, and I doubt this issue will be resolved by then.... FLUSH

I'm actually just hoping that tomorrow or overnight tonight the government will get the protesters out peacefully, the PAD knows the damage they are doing to the country and have proved their point...

Hopefully, the back log of flights will be cleared promptly, I was in Thailand after the Tsunami and a lot of extra flights were put on in a short period of time. Although a completely different scenario and other governments sponsored a lot of the flights it would still be nice if this happened. Tomorrow :o

The annoying thing is, I'd cancel now and just rebook for Christmas but I need THEM to cancel so I dont lose all the money I've paid for the flight! As of yet the flight is still confirmed for this Saturday (29th)

- Shug