State Of Emergency Declared

george

Whilst I am in no way a supporter of either side in this idiotic state of affairs, it would seem to me that the PAD have not helped their “cause” by their own actions, whilst they may be in the belief (rightly or wrongly) that the PM is a meer puppet, the place to argue this point is on the floor of parliament, and not in the arrivals/departure halls of airports.

If the PAD have such strong feelings, they should form a real party, have proper representation in parliament, with some clear propositions as to how they would run the country, then, and only then, will their supporters have real power!

Via the Ballot Box.

This is how real democracy works, it may take years to see the real results, but, the for the power of government to change hands, it can only be done (in a real democracy) via the people voting for what they believe in.

There will ALWAYS be corruption in politics, that, I’m afraid is a fact of life, but even taking into account allegations of vote buying, and (alleged) paid protestors, in order for democracy to work and grow in Thailand, a certain amount of respect must be given to the oppositions beliefs and actions, until such time as enough people of similar thinking can make a difference via the political process (the Ballot Box) and not by dissrupting thousands of every day people’s and tourists lives.

Flame away!

FF

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And finally comes the much anticipated crackdown:

Police to launch psychological warfare to weaken public support for PAD

Police plan to launch a psychological warfare to weaken public support for the People's Alliance for Democracy as part of their measures to remove protesters from the Don Mueang Airport.

The plan was announced after a meeting of senior metropolitan police officers to brief them on measures to deal with PAD-led protesters at the Don Mueang Airport.

The Metropolitan Police chief was assigned to be in charge of operations to retake the Don Mueang Airport while the Provincial Police Bureau 1 in charge of Suvarnabhumi Airport operations.

Attending the meeting were deputy and metropolitan police chiefs, commanders of Metropolitan Police Divisions 1 to 9, deputy commanders of the divisions, commanders of 88 police station in Bangkok, 191 Taskforce commander and traffic police commander.

Sources from the meeting said the meeting assigned chiefs of all stations to launch door-to-door psychological operations to tell Bangkok residents not to join the rally at the Don Mueang Airport and at the Government House. They will also be told to convince their relatives to leave the airport and Government House as soon as possible.

The Nation

http://nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/r...newsid=30089697

What a letdown!!!

How do PAD supporters at sit-ins make a living?

How do they pay their mortgages and hire purchase on their motorbikes if they are sat around protesting day in day out?

Do sympathetic employers give them months off at a time? (wasn't one of the members here who was an employer amenable to that)

Or are they just all people who are otherwise unemployed.

The ones sitting around the airport are mostly Isaan stooges who are paid a few hunded baht and the promise of some beer.

Some beer :o:D :D

But you know Chamlong, do you?

Alcohol strictly forbidden there. Chamlong is a real believer of that non sense. He would prefer to loose everything before he offers 1 beer.

look his party, he lost everything because he could not compromise on minor issues which are against his ideology.

so obvious it is again a lie spread from the PPP to discredit them.

Most there are southern wannabe hero and housewifes.

Tropo

If hoping for a peaceful outcome, and not holding ill feeling towards either side, regardless of what colour shirt they are wearing, or what they believe in, what they have done or may do. If not wanting to see more violence, Thai's attacking each other, injuring and killing each other, is bitching, then yes, I am bitching.

This is the attitude I am referring to within this thread however, and frankly, it sucks.

Taking over an international airport and closing it down is not a "peaceful protest". It's not even a protest.

I don't care how many PAD "protestors" are hurt or killed. They know the risks they are taking by doing what they are doing. In my world if you play with fire you'll get burned, and they are knowingly playing with fire.

They must be taken out asap.

Ok, it wasn't my post you were referring to, however I do agree that any PAD protestor willing to use another person as a human shield is as good as "terrorist scum"...and that's coming from a non-American. Surprised?
Me too! Whatever it takes to extract those fools from the airport is fine by me. It should have happened on Tuesday evening.
Why should we have sympathy for fools who put themselves in harm's way? If it takes a few deaths to get the airport running again, then so be it.
It's not my plan and whatever happens will happen irrespective of my own opinion. If people want to take risks with their lives by doing stupid things, then that is their decision. No sympathy from me watsoever will they get.

Most imporatantly, the show much go on, and that means your beloved PAD members must be extracted by whatever means it takes.

So with an attitude like this, why exactly are you living in Thailand, amongst Thai people, who are struggling to solve a huge rift that has been created by the ex PM, and is still carrying on through the now proxy PM brother in-law.

Too many people seem to forget, this is Thailand, it belongs to Thai people, they will deal with it the Thai way, not the European or American or whatever way, and how dare any arse hole imply that Thailand should adopt another country's way of doing things, just take a look at what other country's have done to the financial market……. And what they have done to the freedom of their citizens.

Thanks Solent01, this is a very nice response to tropo. The only thing I would suggest is to replace tropo by xxxx as it concerns so many other people ie rainmain and others of have more of a terrorist profile than grateful guests of Thailand.

It is terrible to see how many of these so called civilised people who care so little about poor pacifists demonstrators who are in their own country and are very bravely trying to fight corruption and organised crime.

oz

One man's poor pacifist is another man's domestic terrorist.

*** To compliment my last post relating to staying put in C.Mai

The Nation, Fri, November 28, 2008 : Last updated 15:07 hours

Unsettled Army situation keeps PM in Chiang Mai

Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat will remain in Chiang Mai for the time being as the army situation is "unsettled," Government deputy spokesperson Suparat Nakbunnam said Friday.

Prime Minister Somchai has no schedule yet to return to Bangkok, Suparat said, adding the decision to stay in Chiang Mai fro the time being is as part of security measures.

"It is mainly because the Army situation is still unsettled. And from now on, PM's schedules will be confidential. Reporters will not be informed of his schedules," she said.

Somchai has chosen to stay in Chiang Mai after returning from Peru as anti-government protesters seized Don Muang and Suvarnbhumi airports. He declared state of emergency on both airports on Thursday from state-run NBT station in Chiang Mai.

In the programme, Somchai dismissed an increasing call from the situation monitoring panel under the Army for him to dissolve the House.

On Thursday, the situation in the capital was extremely tense as Coup rumours spread after the premier shot down calls by the Army to step down to solve the political turmoil.

The embattled premier will chair Friday a teleconference with governors and senior officials nationwide from Chiang Mai's City Hall.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

Tropo

If hoping for a peaceful outcome, and not holding ill feeling towards either side, regardless of what colour shirt they are wearing, or what they believe in, what they have done or may do. If not wanting to see more violence, Thai's attacking each other, injuring and killing each other, is bitching, then yes, I am bitching.

This is the attitude I am referring to within this thread however, and frankly, it sucks.

Taking over an international airport and closing it down is not a "peaceful protest". It's not even a protest.

I don't care how many PAD "protestors" are hurt or killed. They know the risks they are taking by doing what they are doing. In my world if you play with fire you'll get burned, and they are knowingly playing with fire.

Ok, it wasn't my post you were referring to, however I do agree that any PAD protestor willing to use another person as a human shield is as good as "terrorist scum"...and that's coming from a non-American. Surprised?
Me too! Whatever it takes to extract those fools from the airport is fine by me. It should have happened on Tuesday evening.
Why should we have sympathy for fools who put themselves in harm's way? If it takes a few deaths to get the airport running again, then so be it.
It's not my plan and whatever happens will happen irrespective of my own opinion. If people want to take risks with their lives by doing stupid things, then that is their decision. No sympathy from me watsoever will they get.

Most imporatantly, the show much go on, and that means your beloved PAD members must be extracted by whatever means it takes.

So with an attitude like this, why exactly are you living in Thailand, amongst Thai people, who are struggling to solve a huge rift that has been created by the ex PM, and is still carrying on through the now proxy PM brother in-law.

Too many people seem to forget, this is Thailand, it belongs to Thai people, they will deal with it the Thai way, not the European or American or whatever way, and how dare any arse hole imply that Thailand should adopt another country's way of doing things, just take a look at what other country's have done to the financial market……. And what they have done to the freedom of their citizens.

Thanks Solent01, this is a very nice response to tropo. The only thing I would suggest is to replace tropo by xxxx as it concerns so many other people ie rainmain and others of have more of a terrorist profile than grateful guests of Thailand.

It is terrible to see how many of these so called civilised people who care so little about poor pacifists demonstrators who are in their own country and are very bravely trying to fight corruption and organised crime.

oz

I'm flattered that you're paying close attention to every word I post. Here's another one for you to add to the list and highlight in your next reply.

You're all kidding yourself to think that this will end peacefully. Much better to extract them sooner than later. That will require force and possibly even deadly force.

Just wait and see. Heads will roll!

The BBC seem to be getting things wrong again relating to what is actually happening and what there reporters on the ground are telling the viewers what is going on, supposedly as they speak and before hand ( live )

The reporter just now was saying that there was plenty of verbal reterick ( sic ) about the PAD in relation to being aggresive ect. ect. verbally and physically

The news programme announcer said to him, it doesn,t look anything like what you are telling us whoever ?

Behind him as in previous live reports, the PAD are sitting about in there usual airport mode aka peacefully listening to the various speakers and looking very relaxed, shairng comments and laughing ect. ect

<deleted>

I guess it sounds good to the international viewers.....but they really ought to make sure what is on the scren,compliments the live reportsvisaully as well as verbally.

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

How do PAD supporters at sit-ins make a living?

How do they pay their mortgages and hire purchase on their motorbikes if they are sat around protesting day in day out?

Do sympathetic employers give them months off at a time? (wasn't one of the members here who was an employer amenable to that)

Or are they just all people who are otherwise unemployed.

Yeah, it's not like they get paid to demonstrate, right? Otherwise they could afford to sit there all day. :o

You haven't read other forums and international news clippings of where the BIG BIG money is coming from to support them and pay for them...just like Thaksin has supported his fellows, the PAD has wealthy support, as well. Read other news clippings by traditional media and you'll see smoking guns.

I have seen this bloody word thrown around at anything and everything that is mildly irritating and causing issues for the past 8 damned years.

Terrorist are in it to cause terror. To scare people into submission, most recent methods are mass deaths to disrupt life as normal.

Just because it is frustrating, disruptive, or even confrontational does not make it terrorrism.

I do not see PAD people declaring ownership for various attacks or Bombings.

While the take over of the airport Really is a Tall order. Definatly on the illegal side. MANY society changing movements have done those.

How about good old American culture when a Black person sat in the front of the Bus, Wasn't that Illegal?

Right now it's people who just do not want Thaksin back in the country, and for the government not to slip in loopholes into law so they can hop right back into politics even which this massive Clusterfuc_k they have created for the past years.

So no going in with a Machine gun and 'clearing' out the airport is not an option.

Sure many people have been inconvenienced. But I doubt that will be recorded IF this event is recorded in History.

Your Mild discomfort and aggravation is temporary.

So stop thinking about yourself and talk honestly about the actual issue.

From Pundit:

Matichon reports the head of the Metropolitan Police as stating that after his meeting with Interior Minister Kowit and representatives from the armed forced that the police will start with soft measures, negotiation as they don't want to use force and cause bloodshed. They will first start negotiation over the phone.

They will then inform the protesters that they will be in breach of the state of emergency legislation if they remain so they are aware of the law. They have 10 methods [basically psychological warfare]

The PM advised that we should try to avoid any clashes and the loss of life. I have been in contact with the Police Chief in regards to how to carry it out. They will produce a document on what they are going to do and then ask NHRC, law society, NCCC, and the media for opinions. They will then televise the entire operation.

Seems like a sensible idea to try and prevent last month's screw-up, even if it does mean prolonging the situation.

Tropo

oz

I'm flattered that you're paying close attention to every word I post. Here's another one for you to add to the list and highlight in your next reply.

You're all kidding yourself to think that this will end peacefully. Much better to extract them sooner than later. That will require force and possibly even deadly force.

Just wait and see. Heads will roll!

Something that those who don't want to see the police go in might want to consider: in a day or so, if those protesters are still there, don't be too surprised if another mob shows up- with red shirts- to 'exercise their right to use the airport as a venue to demonstrate'--- I don't think they will show the restraint that the police have demonstrated.

Meanwhile, the closure of Suvarnabhumi International has affected a large number of Tha-Muslims who planned to take on a pilgrim to the City of Mecca of Saudi Arabia. The PAD, this morning, made the necessary arrangements to ensure that the pilgrims can travel to Mecca as soon as possible.

Isn't that nice of the PAD to help the Muslims travel to Mecca.

Nevermind the other 10,000 or so stranded tourists etc. that can't travel anywhere.

I have seen this bloody word thrown around at anything and everything that is mildly irritating and causing issues for the past 8 damned years.

Terrorist are in it to cause terror. To scare people into submission, most recent methods are mass deaths to disrupt life as normal.

Just because it is frustrating, disruptive, or even confrontational does not make it terrorrism.

I do not see PAD people declaring ownership for various attacks or Bombings.

While the take over of the airport Really is a Tall order. Definatly on the illegal side. MANY society changing movements have done those.

How about good old American culture when a Black person sat in the front of the Bus, Wasn't that Illegal?

Right now it's people who just do not want Thaksin back in the country, and for the government not to slip in loopholes into law so they can hop right back into politics even which this massive Clusterfuc_k they have created for the past years.

So no going in with a Machine gun and 'clearing' out the airport is not an option.

Sure many people have been inconvenienced. But I doubt that will be recorded IF this event is recorded in History.

Your Mild discomfort and aggravation is temporary.

So stop thinking about yourself and talk honestly about the actual issue.

Another great post :o

Spokesman claims Govt wins support to use force to end Bangkok airports' besieging

Government Spokesman Natthawut Saikua claimed Friday the government has won both international human rights organisations and foreign diplomats' support for use of force to end the besieging of Suvarnabhumi International Airport and Don Mueang Airport.

Natthawut said the International Community would not mind the use of force against protesters as long as the government must first evacuate over 3,000 stranded tourists from the airports first.

"I am informed by a non-governmental organisation that the international human rights organisations and foreign diplomats want the government to evacuate over 3,000 tourists to safety first then the government can do anything with the protesters. They will not oppose or question the government about it actions against the protesters,""Natthawut said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30089698

Here it comes...

Sources from the meeting said the meeting assigned chiefs of all stations to launch door-to-door psychological operations to tell Bangkok residents not to join the rally at the Don Mueang Airport and at the Government House. They will also be told to convince their relatives to leave the airport and Government House as soon as possible.

The police are finally doing something and nobody is getting hurt. :o

source: http://nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/r...newsid=30089697

By psychological warfare they surely mean turning off the signals for the soap operas? That will make them go home.

the police will start with soft measures, negotiation as they don't want to use force and cause bloodshed. They will first start negotiation over the phone.

So far the ongoing negotiations over the phone hasn't produced any results and parties remain deadlocked. Some say they should buy a Samsung Omnia to call PAD, others insist that police should buy the iPhone. There's a question over the legitimacy of using iPones since they are not legally distributed in Thailand.

Tomorrow's meeting is supposed to be about choosing the right SIM. Going with AIS is too controversial, some say. Others say the same thing about Dtac.

This just in via Nation breaking news SMS:

Chamlong warns of massive uprising by PAD supporters if group leaders are arrested; says 3rd generation leaders have been appointed to carry on.

So this thing doesn't end if the airports are liberated and the PAD leaders arrested.....

i love the thai television news at the moment, the around the world section.

apparently was there an incident at a rumanian TV station. in a kind of "TV host mr. X has one or two guests and a talk with them -show".came it to a short heated moment. thai TV had only a clip of maybe 0:30 or 0:45 min from that. so what happend: (sorry to my rumanian Friends, i got the names wrong and it's was something like that) Host Mr. Mareleninoski sitting behind the desk and gruest Mrs. Worolenajowskaja in front.

Mr. Mareleninoski had a moment of anger and emptied the content of a glass of water in the face of Mrs. Worolenajowskaja. Mrs. Worolenajowskaja keept cool. and Host Mr. Mareleninoski keep talking rapid speaking same as before he reached for the glass..clip end. that was newsworthy!

and i saw it on two different channel. as i saw it the second time the thai anchorwoman really enjoyed in speaking out those rumanian polysyllabic family names. she repeat both of them at least 3 times.

the last time i saw rumanien TV on TV was 1989as they had their revolution there. and i still have a vivid memory of the revolutionary commitee, how that bunch of people stepping in front of the camera a do a declaration.

anyway, don't worry so much about what Chamlong is talking. since month is it the same again and again.threats of uprising after arrest and etc. etc.

there was never any serious attempt to catch this fascist mob leader.

but online one thing:chamlong did jail only one time during all this mess, that was shortly before the 7. oct. he got more or less out of his own will arrested by the police. that was staged, for two reasons a) the PAD mob had to be motivated to take part on a demonstration against the government :o the demonstration was staged as well and orchestrated,it should turn nasty and violent and gave later the PAD propaganda material against the killer government., but es was a live event, so no one could predict what happend.. and maybe really really,PAD guards size the parliaments buliding for example for example. and the small group hidding between the yew shirt do some real nasty. but if chamlong stood in jail at the same time he must be innocent and bot guilty for the real nasty.

if the chance had been there that the PAD guards could break tru the police lines, it could had become to a bloodshed inside the parliament, commit by that secret special unit (the PAD as vehicle theory) and than a third group would step in charge. chamlong the perfect civilian spokesman or whatever. but it didn't go so far. the PAD thugs got proper fight off and the police stayed in control of the scene. that way the vehicle PAD still got great propaganda pictures.

or just skip that vehicle theory.

recently, uprising ans seeking clashes with the police or mabybe other groups is that is what the PAD live from. thats how they charge their batteries.

recently they losing sympathy and supporters. and are under pressure to create something new to mobilise the masses again.

since they don't get kicks from army or police, somchai optioned for non violence maybe a 3 group - the red shirts there was a PAD truck spotted with a big bag full of new red shirts. real t-shirts.

551000015095001yo5.jpg

what will the PAD do with that red shirts?

if chamlong somehow get arrested again another BANG attempt will happend. and he can wash his hands of it.

the police will start with soft measures, negotiation as they don't want to use force and cause bloodshed. They will first start negotiation over the phone.

So far the ongoing negotiations over the phone hasn't produced any results and parties remain deadlocked. Some say they should buy a Samsung Omnia to call PAD, others insist that police should buy the iPhone. There's a question over the legitimacy of using iPones since they are not legally distributed in Thailand.

Tomorrow's meeting is supposed to be about choosing the right SIM. Going with AIS is too controversial, some say. Others say the same thing about Dtac.

Now you're just whistling Dixie, son. :o

Meanwhile, the closure of Suvarnabhumi International has affected a large number of Tha-Muslims who planned to take on a pilgrim to the City of Mecca of Saudi Arabia. The PAD, this morning, made the necessary arrangements to ensure that the pilgrims can travel to Mecca as soon as possible.

Nevermind the other 10,000 or so stranded tourists etc. that can't travel anywhere.

Yes, that's what I find very annoying too!

The police are finally doing something and nobody is getting hurt. :D

By psychological warfare they surely mean turning off the signals for the soap operas? That will make them go home.

:o Now that might just work :D

How many time, meanwhile you wait your fly for go home, you think this:

Why notings happen so the cancel all fly and i can stay one more week?

The BBC seem to be getting things wrong again relating to what is actually happening and what there reporters on the ground are telling the viewers what is going on, supposedly as they speak and before hand ( live )

The reporter just now was saying that there was plenty of verbal reterick ( sic ) about the PAD in relation to being aggresive ect. ect. verbally and physically

The news programme announcer said to him, it doesn,t look anything like what you are telling us whoever ?

Behind him as in previous live reports, the PAD are sitting about in there usual airport mode aka peacefully listening to the various speakers and looking very relaxed, shairng comments and laughing ect. ect

<deleted>

I guess it sounds good to the international viewers.....but they really ought to make sure what is on the scren,compliments the live reportsvisaully as well as verbally.

marshbags :o

Hey, to give credit where credit's due, Head and co have smartened up their act a lot from last week when they were thrashing about without a clue, sending out all sorts of garbled messages about the situation and misreporting to this week when they may not be perfect, but at least there is some sort of sense that the situation is far more complex and deep-seated than earlier reports that over-simplified "the sides". And at least it has now made the headlines on British TV, which may or may not be a good thing, depending which side buckles first in this high stakes brinkmanship (or game of poker, as The Nation's hack preferred to compare it to).

Whatever, the amount of misunderstanding and confusion about Thai politics by the average Joe Farang posting on TV (many for the first time) in the last few days is perhaps understandable, given the poor foreign news coverage to date. However, the ones calling for a violent response to the peaceful civil disobedience by the core PAD supporters is deplorable, as much as it will not solve anything under the present situation in Thailand.

Could just offer free bottles of chang and spy on the otherside of town

It doesn't really jibe with the story as posted elsewhere: Haj flight This special THAI flight took off from Hat Yai, which should have had nothing to do with any PAD-related activities.

Could just offer free bottles of chang and spy on the otherside of town

How mwny milion of people live in Bangkok?

How many police man work in Bangkok?

HOW MANY YEARS they need for that work?

hahahahahahahahahahah

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30089692

Three parties ordered to deliver closing speech in party-dissolution case on Dec 2

The Constitution Court Friday ordered the People Power Party, Chart Thai Party and Matchima Tipataya Party to deliver their closing statement in the party-dissolution case against them on December 2.

The court held a session at 10:30 am Friday and ordered the parties to send their leaders to deliver closing speech at 9:30 am.

If they do not attend the session, the court will regard that the parties forfeit their right to deliver the closing speech.

The court also dismissed the parties' request to hold more inquiries, saying the court has enough written evidence for deliberation.

The nation

... so they are not staying in Chiang Mai afterall. Perfect timing...

But isn't this the same court that ruled PAD must withdraw from airports immediately? And they appealed?

If the PPP is disbanded the government falls. The Thai constitution does not state who then becomes the government. The lower house is out of session. This could become a nuclear scenario, but if the red shirts go beserk this weekend and the military move we not get to find out.

The government will enlist help from former prime minister Thasksin Shinawatra if a coup is staged against the administration, government Spokesman Natthawut Saikua said Friday.

He said thaksin would make phone calls to direct the resistance against the coup on around-the-clock basis.

"If a coup is staged, thaksin will fight against it along side with Thais. He can make phone calls to us 24 hours a day," Natthawut said.

The nation

is this for real? the government requesting help from a convicted criminal on the run to help in a potential coup???

How many time, meanwhile you wait your fly for go home, you think this:

Why notings happen so the cancel all fly and i can stay one more week?

Most tourists have time and budget restraints.