Something That Annoys Me Quite A Bit

bravingbangkok

It seems to be that in all the video bites and pictures that the PAD seem to be serious and the PPP seem to be joking away, smiling at any opputunity and basically not taking this situation seriously at all. I think they should be doing more to resolve this situation, if not then they should not be in office in my view. I have nothing against them really but when I see them smiling in the faces of all the tourits who are going through hel_l right now it really gets to me, they are making no friends by doing this.....not that they probably care.

It seems to be that in all the video bites and pictures that the PAD seem to be serious and the PPP seem to be joking away, smiling at any opputunity and basically not taking this situation seriously at all. I think they should be doing more to resolve this situation, if not then they should not be in office in my view. I have nothing against them really but when I see them smiling in the faces of all the tourits who are going through hel_l right now it really gets to me, they are making no friends by doing this.....not that they probably care.

You must be new to Thailand to be offended by the "Thai smile." This smile is a cultural trait used here as a means of putting people at ease, reducing tension and for general stress release (ie when watching people bleeding to death on the side of the road). Would you be happier if they used a "New York Manner of abusiveness"? I think you will eventually discover that it is one of Thai societies most noble traits. It is this sort of attitude (grangjai) that allows Thai's to suck in their stress for the greater good of the community.