Protesters Look Set To Be Dispersed At 3 P.m.

BangkokBP

There are reports from ASTV that the task forces under the leadership of Interior Minister Kowit Wattana will disperse the PAD protesters from Government House and Don Muang Airport at 3 p.m. today.

The order on how to handle the protesters who are gathering at the Suvarnabhumi Airport has yet to be issued or disclosed to the media.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/toc/ViewData...?DataID=1010867

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai language website Matichon is reporting the head of the Metropolitan Police as saying the police have 10 'methods' to effect a dispersal and will begin with negotiation over the phone. They are also producing a document outlining the operation and will seek opinions from the law society etc. Apparently the operation will be entirely televised.

Thai language website Matichon is reporting the head of the Metropolitan Police as saying the police have 10 'methods' to effect a dispersal and will begin with negotiation over the phone. They are also producing a document outlining the operation and will seek opinions from the law society etc. Apparently the operation will be entirely televised.

Obviously it will have to be billed as a TV comedy show :o:D:D

Police to launch psychological warfare to weaken public support for PAD

Police plan to launch a psychological warfare to weaken public support for the People's Alliance for Democracy as part of their measures to remove protesters from the Don Mueang Airport.

The plan was announced after a meeting of senior metropolitan police officers to brief them on measures to deal with PAD-led protesters at the Don Mueang Airport.

The Metropolitan Police chief was assigned to be in charge of operations to retake the Don Mueang Airport while the Provincial Police Bureau 1 in charge of Suvarnabhumi Airport operations.

Attending the meeting were deputy and metropolitan police chiefs, commanders of Metropolitan Police Divisions 1 to 9, deputy commanders of the divisions, commanders of 88 police station in Bangkok, 191 Taskforce commander and traffic police commander.

Sources from the meeting said the meeting assigned chiefs of all stations to launch door-to-door psychological operations to tell Bangkok residents not to join the rally at the Don Mueang Airport and at the Government House. They will also be told to convince their relatives to leave the airport and Government House as soon as possible.

The Nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30089697

Obviously it will have to be billed as a TV comedy show :o:D:D

Or that of a massacre.....

I just called a friend at Gov't House and he said as of right now (3:20PM), no sign of the police. Hopefully, it is another bluff.

Well if they are to disperse the protesters with "psychological warfare" i'm afraid it will lake a looooong time... a very long time.

Edited by BangkokBP

What does it tell us?

1. The Police is not supporting and following the orders of the government

2. The Army is not supporting and following the order of the government

3. The Government is exiled in Chiang Mai

4. The airports will remain closed over the weekend

5. Thailand is without government

Say bye bye Mr. Somchai, today!

I just called a friend at Gov't House and he said as of right now (3:20PM), no sign of the police. Hopefully, it is another bluff.

Well if they are to disperse the protesters with "psychological warfare" i'm afraid it will lake a looooong time... a very long time.

The initial report I got just after 2PM (which I reported on another thread) was that the PAD were given until 3PM to disperse. Nothing in the ultimatum the PAD received mentioned any other tactics, etc.

Other than on NBT, I can't see the government televising anything related to this. It would only piss people off as it would likely interfere with the more important game shows and soap operas.

Police plan to launch a psychological warfare to weaken public support for the People's Alliance for Democracy as part of their measures to remove protesters from the Don Mueang Airport.

The plan was announced after a meeting of senior metropolitan police officers to brief them on measures to deal with PAD-led protesters at the Don Mueang Airport.

The Metropolitan Police chief was assigned to be in charge of operations to retake the Don Mueang Airport while the Provincial Police Bureau 1 in charge of Suvarnabhumi Airport operations.

Attending the meeting were deputy and metropolitan police chiefs, commanders of Metropolitan Police Divisions 1 to 9, deputy commanders of the divisions, commanders of 88 police station in Bangkok, 191 Taskforce commander and traffic police commander.

Sources from the meeting said the meeting assigned chiefs of all stations to launch and door-to-door psychological operations to tell Bangkok residents not to join the rally at the Don Mueang Airport at the Government House. They will also be told to convince their relatives to leave the airport and Government House as soon as possible.

The Nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30089697

Sounds terrible frightening!

Now who is out of his mind now?

massive attacks with cotton balls?

ah' well every one involved is trying to keep face - meantime negotiations will be at peak in the background..."little Somchai" keeps smiling as if nothing happened and is hailing his achievements in Peru....

What does it tell us?

1. The Police is not supporting and following the orders of the government

2. The Army is not supporting and following the order of the government

3. The Government is exiled in Chiang Mai

4. The airports will remain closed over the weekend

5. Thailand is without government

Say bye bye Mr. Somchai, today!

I think Somchai will stay in the Fuehrer Bunker till the Endsieg.....

It is not his decision if he resigns or not. It is up to 1st his wife and 2nd Takky in Dubai.

Looking the pictures if I would be Somchai I would be more afraid of my wife than of the PAD or Anupong.

Spokesman claims Govt wins support to use force to end Bangkok airports' besieging

Government Spokesman Natthawut Saikua claimed Friday the government has won both international human rights organisations and foreign diplomats' support for use of force to end the besieging of Suvarnabhumi International Airport and Don Mueang Airport.

Natthawut said the International Community would not mind the use of force against protesters as long as the government must first evacuate over 3,000 stranded tourists from the airports first.

"I am informed by a non-governmental organisation that the international human rights organisations and foreign diplomats want the government to evacuate over 3,000 tourists to safety first then the government can do anything with the protesters. They will not oppose or question the government about it actions against the protesters,""Natthawut said.

nation' target='_blank'>The nation

It sounds like the police are playing for time. I am sure canvassing every house in BKK will take a bit of time and that getting the human rights groups to sign off on th etactics just before the weekend could be difficult too.

Put this in context. The party disolution case verdicts could be announced next Tuesday it has just been announced.

Natthawut said the International Community would not mind the use of force against protesters as long as the government must first evacuate over 3,000 stranded tourists from the airports first.

"I am informed by a non-governmental organisation that the international human rights organisations and foreign diplomats want the government to evacuate over 3,000 tourists to safety first then the government can do anything with the protesters. They will not oppose or question the government about it actions against the protesters,""Natthawut said.

This doesn't seem entirely plausible.

Dec 2 is the day of the final defense statements in party dissolution case, the verdict should come two weeks later.

At least we are spared from listening to several dozens of defence witnesses - they wanted every party exec to speak for himself. The court said they have enough written statemets already.

Waiting for the verdict with airport closed is not an option, however it's possible that all parties were waiting for this announcement to make any decisions. I bet for PPP it looks like the game is over, there's nothing they can do for Thaksin anymore, it's only pride talking, should subside in a day or two.

It sounds like the police are playing for time. I am sure canvassing every house in BKK will take a bit of time and that getting the human rights groups to sign off on th etactics just before the weekend could be difficult too.

Put this in context. The party disolution case verdicts could be announced next Tuesday it has just been announced.

If I understood right, there are just the last hearings.

So not the end of the story.

Dec 2 is the day of the final defense statements in party dissolution case, the verdict should come two weeks later.

At least we are spared from listening to several dozens of defence witnesses - they wanted every party exec to speak for himself. The court said they have enough written statemets already.

Waiting for the verdict with airport closed is not an option, however it's possible that all parties were waiting for this announcement to make any decisions. I bet for PPP it looks like the game is over, there's nothing they can do for Thaksin anymore, it's only pride talking, should subside in a day or two.

No there is still time enough to change the constitution.

There is a meeting sheduled for the 8th (if I am not wrong) and the verdict is somewhen 13th.

So the stakes are very high now.

As long as I am on a plane to sunny old England by Monday I just do not care.

Good the less Englishmen in Thailand the better they just give us Scotsmen a bad name.

Why go back to a bankrupt damp cold expensive racialy tensioned hel_l hole? even with an airport or 2 closed LOS is SMILES better than the UK or other parts of europe especially at this time of year doom & gloom even Woolworths is bankrupt.

I am due to fly back in Thursday from West Africa might go via Singers and then to Phuket rather than take the risk of going via Swampypoom

Govt to enlist help from Thaksin if coup staged

By The Nation

The government will enlist help from former prime minister Thasksin Shinawatra if a coup is staged against the administration, Government Spokesman Natthawut Saikua said Friday.

He said thaksin would make phone calls to direct the resistance against the coup on around-the-clock basis.

"If a coup is staged, thaksin will fight against it along side with Thais. He can make phone calls to us 24 hours a day," Natthawut said.

He said the government was not afraid the coup but it waited for a right moment before taking actions against the protesters, who were besieging the two commercial airports in Bangkok.

Spokesman claims Govt wins support to use force to end Bangkok airports' besieging

Natthawut also claimed that the government has won both international human rights organisations and foreign diplomats' support for use of force to end the besieging of Suvarnabhumi International Airport and Don Mueang Airport.

"I am informed by a non-governmental organisation that the international human rights organisations and foreign diplomats want the government to evacuate over 3,000 tourists to safety first then the government can do anything with the protesters. They will not oppose or question the government about it actions against the protesters," Natthawut said.

อt is clear that the International Community does not support the PAD but the government will try to adhere to peaceful measures."

He said the use of force would be the last measure the government would resort to.

There's no way they'll pass the amendments on Dec 8-9 now. It's uncertain they would be able to have that session at all.

On Monday they tried to ambush the MPs - wait until everyone gets together to vote on Asean related laws, then hit them with amendments. The usual stalling tactic of not showing up wouldn't have worked, and many coalition MPs wouldn't date to vote against it in the open session.

There's a reason they publicly denied there were going to do it, it's likely that for the same reason the plan won't work on Dec 8.

There's also an important speech on Dec 4, I don't think PPP would have the numbers after that.

1. Do nothing.

2. Assess the situation and do nothing.

3. Appraise their seniors of the situation and do nothing.

4. Prepare a report for the minister of the interior and do nothing.

5. Hold a press conference and do nothing.

6. Invite various psychologists to advise on the possible approaches and do nothing.

7. Hold a photo call in front of the airport for all the top brass and do nothing.

8. Consult various astrologists and do nothing.

9. Issue an ultimatum that if the protesters do not leave within 5 hours action will be taken and do nothing.

10. Defer the final decision to the minister for the interior and do nothing.

then,

11. Wait until the protesters get bored and homesick and all leave then hold a press conference lauding the police tactics and claiming a total success in the resolution of the situation.

The alternative:-

1. Recall Thaksin Shinawatra.

2. Storm the building shooting anybody not in police uniform.

3. Claim a total success in the peaceful end to the siege but admit to one fatality that resulted from an honest mistake.