Toursit Visa Multiple Entries (2) U.s. Passport

sawasdee!

i am new to forum as a member and i have looked through most of the posts looking for an answer to my question. depending on what happens at swampbunny, i am flying in on the 2nd of Jan, 09 and have a ticket out on April 18th, 09. i am a u.s. ciitizen and am 52 years old.

i applied for a tourist visa/tr 2 entries in november and just got it back a week ago.

if i got my facts straight, i get 60 days starting on the 01/02/09 and can go to immigration (chiang mai) to extend if i want another 30 days. after that, i have to leave thailand and will get another 60 days on reentering. then i can extend for another 30 days if i need to at immigration.

my question is whether i need to extend for the 30 days after my first 60 are up or can i just leave and come back and get my 2nd period of 60 days on reentering?

You can skip the extension for your first entry if you wish because using your 2nd entry will give you enough time for your stay.

What is the use by/before date on your visa? You will need to use the 2nd entry before that date.

You can skip the extension for your first entry if you wish because using your 2nd entry will give you enough time for your stay.

What is the use by/before date on your visa? You will need to use the 2nd entry before that date.

hey joe,

the date of issue from thai consul is nov. 10-08 and the is says to enter before feb. 9-09. am i cool with that? buddha willing, my flight from l.a. gets into thailand on the 2nd of jan. and i leave from bkk on the 18th of april.

thanks for the quick reply. you guys know your stuff!

khap!

chinofarang :o

hey joe,

the date of issue from thai consul is nov. 10-08 and the is says to enter before feb. 9-09. am i cool with that? buddha willing, my flight from l.a. gets into thailand on the 2nd of jan. and i leave from bkk on the 18th of april.

khap!

On your 1st entry you will only be able to use around 38 days of it.

Make sure you do your border run before 9th Feb. Or you will lose your 2nd entry.

hey joe,

khap!

On your 1st entry you will only be able to use around 38 days of it.

Make sure you do your border run before 9th Feb. Or you will lose your 2nd entry.

i guess i screwed that up pretty good. what should i have done or can do now?

thanks for the info!

i guess i screwed that up pretty good. what should i have done or can do now?

thanks for the info!

Perhaps you should have applied later.

It's no problem. Do a border run on Feb 8th. This will activate your second entry. A few days before the sixty days finishes go to immigration and get a 30 days extension for a fee of 1,900 Baht.