1year Non Immagration Type O, Extra 30 Days?

Ive just finished my second 1 year multiple entry non Immigration type O visa. I went just be before it expired and got the extra 90 days on top of that. This stamp runs out on Jan 1st but I was wondering if there was any way to get an extra 30 days or longer if I done a boarder run after my latest stamp expires?

Does anyone know what the rules are regarding this, I would be going to Cambodia for the visa as I do after every 90 days. If possible id love to be able to drag it out until the end of February when my son finishes his school term so we can all go back to England for his school holiday.

Thanks

You can do a border run and re-enter on a visa exempt entry for 30 days. Doing this twice would get you to the end of Feb.

There are no rules that say you cannot do it after having a visa.

You could also go to a nearby consulate and get a 60 day tourist visa.

Edited by ubonjoe

Thanks guys Ill take a trip to the immigration office and see If they can sort out a 60day tourist visa, if not then it will Cambodia boarder runs for the next couple of months.

Thanks Mario, thats something that Id have to look into the following year so I dont have to go back next year.

Thanks guys Ill take a trip to the immigration office and see If they can sort out a 60day tourist visa,

Actually you would have to go to a neighbouring country Thai Consulate to get this.

However you should be able to go to Immigration and get a 60 day extension to visit your Son. If he is Thai. Or Wife if she is Thai.

This is the rule.

7.23 In case of entering for

visiting a Thai wife /

husband or child.

The permission shall be

granted only one time with

the granted period not

exceeding 60 days.

(1) Have evidence affirming the

relationship and,

(2) In case of the marriage couple,

the spouse shall have the both

practical and legal relationship.

1. Application form

2. Copy of applicant’s passport

3. Copy of census registration

4. Copy of the Thai national’s ID Card

5. Copy of marriage certificate or birth

certificate

Jared, you can’t get a tourist visa from an immigration office; only a Thai consulate can give you that. But if that’s a Thai wife in your avatar, the immigration office can give you a 60-day extension to stay with your wife.

--

Maestro