Amsterdam Chiang Mai Flight!

kalbo123

From December 1 China airlines departs from Amsterdam via Chiang mai to Taiwan.

You can check for details on the dutch china airline site!

Weather it return the same way to Europe (amsterdam) i don't know.

True

I am stuck in holland trying to get home to chaing mai and China advised we fly on monday direct to chaing mai cant wait to get home at last

True

I am stuck in holland trying to get home to chaing mai and China advised we fly on monday direct to chaing mai cant wait to get home at last

Some good news :o

True

Am flying to Chiang Mai on Sunday nov 30th. But I still have to get home to BKK. Cannot wait to arrive. Any news on transport situation to BKK?? I have lived in Thailand for 10 years and been to CM many times so I know where the bus and train stations are so I am more looking at info on the status of availability.

w

I just tried to make a booking on the China Airlines international site and then on the Netherlands site and neither show these direct flights between Amsterdam and Chiangmai.

Did you try Bangkok? They probably don't have the flights listed as Chiang Mai in their booking engine.

China Airlines in Amsterdam confirmed the daily flight TPE-CNX-AMS-CNX-TPE until Friday the 5th.

After December 5th no confirmed flight

Ams-BKK has rerouted to Ams-CM, and vice versa. My husband is comming from Holland and is arriving tomorrow (Dec 4) at CM airport.

My worried is how busy at the CM airport. I booked a bus ticket and hope he wouldn't take too long to get off the airport.

Anyone has information about the situation at CM airport? too crowded, busy? please

Come on, China Airlines and Eva are the best airlines that run AMS-BKK direct. (Or AMS-CNX rather :D )

Cheap Charlie options IMHO. KLM Business class only for me. Some of my collegues tell me EVA business class is also OK though never tried it. CI - foget about that; I have a couple of Taiwanese friends who work for CI - way too much information.......

Both are pretty good airlines these days.

These passengers wouldn't agree with you:

post-42325-1228199380_thumb.jpg

7 major crashes and 747 dead passengers in the last 20 years, old planes and very poor service . What's "pretty good" about that? :o

Ams-BKK has rerouted to Ams-CM, and vice versa. My husband is comming from Holland and is arriving tomorrow (Dec 4) at CM airport.

My worried is how busy at the CM airport. I booked a bus ticket and hope he wouldn't take too long to get off the airport.

Anyone has information about the situation at CM airport? too crowded, busy? please

All indications I have are that CM airport is functioning relatively normally - allowing that it will be somewhat busier than usual because of some extra inbound/outbound flights moved from BKK. There were some redshirt crowds a few days ago when the PM (now no longer PM) was due to arrive. Given what has been happening in BKK, there may be again - but unlikely to delay you and your husband if there are.

Come on, China Airlines and Eva are the best airlines that run AMS-BKK direct. (Or AMS-CNX rather :D )

Cheap Charlie options IMHO. KLM Business class only for me. Some of my collegues tell me EVA business class is also OK though never tried it. CI - foget about that; I have a couple of Taiwanese friends who work for CI - way too much information.......

7 major crashes and 747 dead passengers in the last 20 years, old planes and very poor service . What's "pretty good" about that? :D

No problem for the Dutch, it is cheap, you know :D:o

7 major crashes and 747 dead passengers in the last 20 years, old planes and very poor service . What's "pretty good" about that? :D

No problem for the Dutch, it is cheap, you know :D:o

Just got back and real happy to be home i agree with the poster the airline is Shiiiiit terrible service food stinks plane are Shiiit and very old inflight entertainment is abismal and no personal screens really the worst airline I have flown and I have travelled hundreds of thousands of airmiles only reason its direct to AMS that I use it hopefully I wont become the 748th fatality at least for teh next 4 months anyway LOL

BTW this is farang cravings chiang mai foxy left there account open at N1 being a nice fella i shall close it for them

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

7 major crashes and 747 dead passengers in the last 20 years, old planes and very poor service . What's "pretty good" about that? :o

Ever heard about people who have to pay for their ticket?Didn't know KLM never had a plane crash.

Ever heard about people who have to pay for their ticket?Didn't know KLM never had a plane crash.

If I'm not paying for the ticket I fly first with BA :D

Of course, an impatient KLM Captain did cause the world's worst air disaster in Teneriefe, but that was over 30 years ago. There was much navel gazing after that and they've had an excellent record since.

Since this is about safety, isn't it, (I'll take Cathay Pacific, Malaysian Airways or Thai Air if service was the #1 factor), could you please explain how KLM Business class is safer than KLM economy.

Since this is about safety, isn't it, (I'll take Cathay Pacific, Malaysian Airways or Thai Air if service was the #1 factor), could you please explain how KLM Business class is safer than KLM economy.

I agree completely about the service with the airlines you mention, though Thai can be hit and miss, especially flying to India; Singapore are also excellent. However, the thread was about flights to Amsterdam, and none of these airlines fly there from Thailand AFAIK.

But since you asked about the Business/Economy difference, apart from getting a good nights sleep and minimising time lost to jet lag, there is one big safety issue with economy:

http://www.economyclasssyndrome.net/