Space Haters In Udon Thani?

KBTexas

My wife catches a cold every year about this time when the temperatures fall. I asked her to go find a space heater to warm her room, but she complains that it is not cold long so she does not need one. She asked at Robinsons at the mall and at an electric store near her house, but whether she just does not know what they are, and therefore how to ask for them in Thai, or whether they do not exist in Udon Thani, I do not know. She said Robinsons tried to sell her a water heater, as did the electric store.

So, my question to the group is, do space heaters 750/1500 watts exist in Udon Thani? If so, can anyone tell me where to get them? I think I would prefer the quartz infrared heaters, but at this point, I think any would do. If you can point me to a store that sells them, I would appreciate it. I could have sworn that Robinsons would carry them.

Best Regards,

My wife catches a cold every year about this time when the temperatures fall. I asked her to go find a space heater to warm her room, but she complains that it is not cold long so she does not need one. She asked at Robinsons at the mall and at an electric store near her house, but whether she just does not know what they are, and therefore how to ask for them in Thai, or whether they do not exist in Udon Thani, I do not know. She said Robinsons tried to sell her a water heater, as did the electric store.

So, my question to the group is, do space heaters 750/1500 watts exist in Udon Thani? If so, can anyone tell me where to get them? I think I would prefer the quartz infrared heaters, but at this point, I think any would do. If you can point me to a store that sells them, I would appreciate it. I could have sworn that Robinsons would carry them.

Best Regards,

I tried unsuccessfully for 3 years all over Thailand and on thaivisa to buy one -- just NOT available. My solution, last month a friend brought one back from UK for me as over on the Mekhong we are a bit colder than Udon. Used it 3 times so far just before going to bed and it's just the ticket.

I tried unsuccessfully for 3 years all over Thailand and on thaivisa to buy one -- just NOT available. My solution, last month a friend brought one back from UK for me as over on the Mekhong we are a bit colder than Udon. Used it 3 times so far just before going to bed and it's just the ticket.

Heh...that is pretty amazing to me. 12-13c is a bit cool, so you would think they would be available. I guess I can see how much the Post Office would charge to send one to her. And yes, that is exactly what I thought she could use it for...to keep the chill off when she slept. Thanks for the info.

Edited by KBTexas

ts2000.co.th

Timsaeng 2000 Co., Ltd.

02-919-7373-5

02-518-3183-5

I have bought four electric space heaters from them. They ship via EMS.

They sell Bionaire space heaters and usually have three models in stock. They are good quality, but expensive, about 7000 baht. My oldest one is about 10 years old and still going strong.

ts2000.co.th

Timsaeng 2000 Co., Ltd.

02-919-7373-5

02-518-3183-5

I have bought four electric space heaters from them. They ship via EMS. They sell Bionaire space heaters and usually have three models in stock. They are good quality, but expensive, about 7000 baht. My oldest one is about 10 years old and still going strong.

Thanks very much for the reply! I will take a look and see what they have.

Global house in CM had them last year....decent chineese made oil radiator models, but global house just burned down.

Udon also has oil radiator models. German made. I have seen them at the hardware store across the street from SCB on Prajak road.

Just curious because of the title, what on earth are space HATERS ?? But all clear now, goodluck in finding one.

Heh, oops. I did not notice the typo, obviously. ;-)

Hahaha, you did it on purpose to get lots of views.. :o And it works !!

Udon also has oil radiator models. German made. I have seen them at the hardware store across the street from SCB on Prajak road.

Thanks! I will also pass this along to my wife and she can stop in and see what they have. I appreciate the info!

Likewise, Global House in Roi Et had the oil-based heaters last year too... something like 50+ in stock.

Also, here's a fan-type heater form Varasu... http://www.verasu.com/ENG_version/productd...productid=45686 for 1,590 baht (2000 watt). They will ship to Udon for just a couple hundred baht. Recently I had a bread-maker and popcorn-maker shipped from Verasu and the shipping was 270 baht.

Edited by danfred

Likewise, Global House in Roi Et had the oil-based heaters last year too... something like 50+ in stock.

Also, here's a fan-type heater form Varasu... http://www.verasu.com/ENG_version/productd...productid=45686 for 1,590 baht (2000 watt). They will ship to Udon for just a couple hundred baht. Recently I had a bread-maker and popcorn-maker shipped from Verasu and the shipping was 270 baht.

Wonder how the price of these compares to what I/we used to use in Nong Khai some years back.

Take one of those white enamel covered wash pans about 50 or so cm diameter, fill about 75% with sand, light a charcoal fire and toast some marshmellows.

Works fine, our house of the time had lots of cracks in the wood so not worried about CO2 (CO?) poisoning.

Mac

I bought one of the oil filled radiator ones from Global in Udon last year and I've seen them there this year. It works quite well. Has a built in fan and a thermostat. I got the 1500 watt one which is big enough for the bedroom but they have bigger ones too if you need it. As best I recall I paid just under 2,000 baht for it.

Thanks for the info mackayae. My wife stopped by that store and bought a heater. Good info! I appreciate it.

I bought one of the oil filled radiator ones from Global in Udon last year and I've seen them there this year. It works quite well. Has a built in fan and a thermostat. I got the 1500 watt one which is big enough for the bedroom but they have bigger ones too if you need it. As best I recall I paid just under 2,000 baht for it.

Thanks for the info fremmel. Yes, I told her to get an oil filled one, but she bought the ceramic one. The fan bothers her at night. ;-) The salesman at the hardware store told her they only had the one she got and the Bionaire though, so she bought the ceramic one he showed her. I think the oil filled one would work better for her needs, but I am not there to buy it for her. The one she got is not thermostatically controlled, so basically it is on and off, high or low. When it is on, the fan always runs. I assume the oil filled ones are like radiators, and do not have a fan? Ah well, it will keep the chill off on the colder nights, and perhaps keep her from having as many colds.

KB

Yes, the oil filled one looks like the old time steam radiator. It does have a fan but it has a switch so that it's either on or off and doesn't cycle with the thermostat. When it's on it's reasonably quiet. It's also got 3 power settings; 600W, 900W, and 1500W. When we use it we generally put it on a 900W, set the thermostat, and use the ceiling fan to circulate the air. Nice even heat. It's kind of heavy (9 KG) but it has casters so it moves easily. Before I take a shower I move it to the bathroom, turn it on high, and use the in-built fan. Laying the towel on top while I shower gives me with a nice warm towel to dry off with.

I've used the ceramic ones before and I like this one better. It's been pretty cool for a while here so if she has cold friends maybe one of them would buy the ceramic one and she can get the oil filled.