Diet & Excercise

Lourens

i'm hopeless at diets as i like to eat and drink :D

but exercise ...

well golf twice a week for a start - thats a 6 mile walk around the middle of the day to you non golf players - thats breaks a sweat.

i cycle a bit also - i have a circuit that takes me in a 15k loop which i'll do once or twice a week - sometimes we'll go out into the sticks for a days offroad - 40k's hurts

but the good thing about all this work is at least you can go back and have a few at the pub to ease the aches and pains :o

and as for being "fat" (which i'm not but the wife implies) - "the more of me there is, the more you can love darling....."

i stick to my vitamin pils and the hearty foods.

yeah like beer and baily's.....but am not fat :o

what does it for me is .... a 5x or so a week a heallty dose of one hour session's in the shack....man, my heart really pumps in top gear for a hour after that :D

Edited by kreon

and as for being "fat" (which i'm not but the wife implies) - "the more of me there is, the more you can love darling....."

From personal experience, I can tell you that, as you get fatter, not everything gets bigger :o

I used to jog and swim everyday, but since i got married, i only exercise 2/3 times a week, which is still better than most, i guess.

That's cool.

I was a surfer for many years, until 15 months ago (when I moved to Japan). 200 days a year, beach and nature.

A LandCruser, only 2 front seats, all the back for 6 different boards for different waves.

I miss Oz, the most comfortable life on the planet. As soon as possible, we all go there and enjoy the haven together.

I found that, in the last couple of months, I gained a few pounds living the good life in Isaan. Thai food is good but just how much fibre is there in rice?

I tried all this diet and excecise bullsh*t for almost an hour the other day and it didn't do me any good. Any suggestions?

Just exercising an hour here and there isn't going to do much. The body needs sustained aerobic exercise on a regular basis. This gets the metabolism up to a point to where the body is "trained" to burn the food you eat rather than convert it to fat for storage.

Not much fiber in rich, but there is plenty in the wide variety of fruits and vegtables natural to the areas. I love many of the Thai vegetables and fruits like papaya, pineapple and mango. All good for you and high in vitamins and fiber.

Heavy rice intake is okay, as long as one has the body metabolism to burn it off before the body converts all of it to fat.

Aerobic exercise and eating a variety of foods in moderation are the keys. I used to live by Covert Bailey's fit or fat guidelines discussed in:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books

I used to follow this program and when I stopped, I got unfit and fat (well ... fatter). Today was the first day back on the treadmill. It really felt good. Hopefully I'll be able to stick with it.

Oh .... by the way ..... good intense sex qualifies as an aerobic exercise .... :o

From personal experience, I can tell you that, as you get fatter, not everything gets bigger :o

It's not that it's getting smaller: it's just that you can't see it anymore ! :D

From personal experience, I can tell you that, as you get fatter, not everything gets bigger :D

It's not that it's getting smaller: it's just that you can't see it anymore ! :D

Sir! I never suggested that anything got smaller! :o:D

Well, thanks for all the advice guys! I really appreciate it. Now I have no excuse anymore for not being in shape. Reading all of the above, I think I know now what I want to do:

1. Buy a bicycle (and use it!).

2. Drink lots of water.

3. Drink beer in moderation.

4. Eat sensible - cut out fat and oil.

There are still two things that I did not see:

1.) Don't eat before you go to bed

and

2.) :oLIPOSUCTION :D