PAD/DAAD/Unrest/Airport Closure/Goodbye Thailand/Resolution/PAD sponsors

SSVPGS

I do not get involved in politics, esp. politics of another country. However, the PAD action of taking over the airports and completely stopping tourism will affect ALL of Thailand. I was planning to visit Thailand Saturday from America (my 5th visit) as I typically do yearly as I love the country and people.

However, this year I am forced to change my itinerary last minute and travel to another country. Obviously, changing a trip last minute is both a painful and costly process. That being said, I will more then likely go to Vietnam or Cambodia this year and annually going forward. Additionally, many of my friends who frequently travel to Thailand are doing the same.

Great move taking over the airports !! You lost me and thousands of others as tourists for a long time. I do not plan to go to Thailand for years (if ever again). Not for safety concerns, but for my FACE.

My vacation plans have been ruined and I vowed to myself not to return. Good luck Thailand....I sincerely wish the situation does get resolved and resolved peacefully. However, the action of the last few days will have a huge impact on the baht, the economy and ultimately the people of Thailand. I foresee the growing recession getting extremely worse and lasting for years. Thailand will go back to being a true Third World country. Confidence and perception of Thailand is dramatically declining..... and as we all know this takes years to get back (esp throughout the world community).

I understand your way of thinking after 8 years with an idiot in charge of your own country.

You are in a perfect position to judge others.

of coures he is- his country is allowed to think, therefore judge- is yours? can you question everything/ answer= NO

why is that?

here one is taught not to think, not to question the very people institions one should because of this insane false national pride that keeps it basicly good people so far behind

the rest of the world ( but top of the top ten corrupt whorehouse list)

hence they do what they are doing now

which in the end will keep the poor poerer, and the rich richer

you need real democracy, in the beginning you need a strong, but honest dictator because many people need to grow up, something which has been discograged here

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where you come from there Tigger, but the right to gather and protest unjust laws or a unjust govt is one of the cornerstones of a true democracy...even when it's inconvenient to wanna be colonialists like yourself.

.....And hold a quarter of a million travelers hostage, cause countless business to fail, to fire guns into a crowd, petty vandalism ... to usurp every democratic principle in what is a simple power grab.

If TLand was so interested in Demoracy, I would think it'd stop treating Burmese workers lilke "Untouchables" in India - or hel_l maybe put a little pressure on Burma to stop jailing journalists . What a load , this country is Brothel to the world, that's the only reason State Depts. don't completely black list it, so they can have their Monger Junkets

This topic continue here:

BREAKING NEWS:

Suvarnabhumi to partly open Friday, Protesters leave Airports, Govt House

Full story:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Suvarnabhumi...-O-t227152.html

Thaivisa Flight Services:

Find a flight in or out of Thailand today - We have them!:

http://www.thaivisa.com/latest/thaivisa-ex...assistance.html