Thai Political Parties Dissolved

PoorSucker

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A motocade of red-shirts headed south on the highway at Ngamwonwan 10 mins ago? A few hundreds at least, but could have been more as I didn't see them all (my ofice is next to the highway). They were in pretty high spirits. Many motocycles were also (illegally) accompanying them on the highway. Any ideas as to where they are heading?

PS> I'd love to have a much awaited emergency holiday tomorrow.. :o

Some happy news after All

i hope country people will understand how worng they were

Words fail me. Where do you get the idea the 'country' people were wrong and how would suggest to explain it to them?

Please don't come up with this vote buying crap again as most ALL parties do it but it appears that only the winners get penalised in this crazy system.

Wearing the Bandana right now and have every day, including those days in Chiang Mai ;-)

Restaurant is closed and is only open for this private victory party.

As for the questions regarding the airport...victory party there tomorrow morning

You have GOT to be kidding? Do you even understand the propaganda being spilled here? Or are you going cause your wife is being paid by the PAD? This is not a FARANG issue. You have been in the sun to long my friend...

[flame deleted]

What happens if PAD achieve their main aim of a redesigned power system in this country and the new power starts messing with visas? Doubt you'll be partying and wearing yellow bandanas then. :o

The reds cut off power supplies to the court complex, judges issued an order for them to disperse of face charges of contempt of court, and they left.

Until the situation with the interim government is clear and reds all go home PAD won't move out either.

People's Alliance for Democracy leader Somsak Kosaisuk on Tuesday vowed to continue rallying at Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi airports and demanded the departure of the entire Cabinet.

Following the verdict on party disbandment, Somsak said the PAD would not allow the Cabinet to work in the caretaker capacity until the formation of the next government. The Nation

The reds cut off power supplies to the court complex, judges issued an order for them to disperse of face charges of contempt of court, and they left.

Until the situation with the interim government is clear and reds all go home PAD won't move out either.

Too bad the Yellow's did not listen to the judges.... :o

Following the verdict on party disbandment, Somsak said the PAD would not allow the Cabinet to work in the caretaker capacity until the formation of the next government. The Nation

I think that shows that the PAD has no idea about government. If the MPs are forced to leave, there aren't enough seats to form a government.

People's Alliance for Democracy leader Somsak Kosaisuk on Tuesday vowed to continue rallying at Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi airports and demanded the departure of the entire Cabinet.

here we go again, more demands, what next? somchai and the whole PPP to walk nud_e on the streets of bangkok?

Only Thaskins return to power will completely solve this. A purge is needed. Nothing else is going to work long term.

It is not a pretty scenario, but there is no other way. I hope they (Thai majority) get it over with quickly.

Let the flames begin! :o

Edited by digitele

PAD: entire Cabinet must leave office

Following the verdict on party disbandment, Somsak said the PAD would not allow the Cabinet to work in the caretaker capacity until the formation of the next government.

He said every minister must depart along with Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat.

Of 36 Cabinet members, 22 are not affected by the party disbandment and can carry on in the caretaker administration.

The Nation

Go home No Way Sorry but we like it here.

Got my little spot over in that corner sorted out nice

And YOU want me to leave.

Go back to my little wooden house don't you know it was cold out there last night. It's lovely here

Thanks But No Thanks. You Pay I stay

Wearing the Bandana right now and have every day, including those days in Chiang Mai ;-)

While I don't agree with your position, but I must say you have balls....

Strange... I was thinking the exact opposite.

I don't think it’s smart, but it takes guts (not brains) to walk into the "enemy" territory wearing the other "gangs" colors.

This is another sad decison by courts that are politcal pawns:

THAILAND: Watershed moment for democracy and rule of law

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AHRC-STM-298-2008

November 26, 2008

A Statement by the Asian Human Rights Commission

THAILAND: Watershed moment for democracy and rule of law

Already, the criminal justice system of Thailand has been reduced to an utter joke, its agencies and personnel either unable or unwilling to intervene effectively to protect public property and people's lives, or even prosecute wrongdoers. That the security forces can carry out coups on the whimsy of generals and engage in battles over trifles with those of neighbouring countries but not responsibly protect the Government House or international airport is sheer farce. That government agencies have been forced to negotiate and cut their losses rather than insist that the law be enforced is dangerous folly. And that the senior judiciary, which through a succession of highly politicised judgments has played a major part in contributing to the current mess has nothing useful to contribute when lives are at stake and the country is in greatest need of intelligent guidance is altogether shameful. About AHRC: The Asian Human Rights Commission is a regional non-governmental organisation monitoring and lobbying human rights issues in Asia. The Hong Kong-based group was founded in 1984.

http://www.ahrchk.net/statements/mainfile....tatements/1779/

The only joke I see is that statement (the misspellings are horrible - must be a Thaksin front organisation).

The Asian Human Rights Commision is a front for Thaksin?? :o:D:D funny.

Well they did say a few days ago on TV that they would not leave before they had approved the new government!

It is all just F... UPED...

This will get violent now, I just hope that it is the leaders that are going to suffer and not the ignorant masses...

Please don't come up with this vote buying crap again as most ALL parties do it but it appears that only the winners get penalised in this crazy system.

True - most all parties have been involved in vote buying, BUT the reason for the dissolution is because an EXECUTIVE of each of the 3 parties bought votes, and as a result the whole party suffers. Had it been a lesser person only he/she would have been thrown out.

. At least PAD are assured that they will not be legally removed from the airport by a decently guided police force.

What is going to happen?? My guess is that 50,000 red shirts will open the airport inside three days. This verdict is likely to push there so far peaceful opposition to PAD past a limit of acceptance. Dont forget, they were most likely holding there agression as their parties were in power. They are not any more, so what have they to loose. Expect some really messy goings on in Bangkok the next week.

PAD: entire Cabinet must leave office

Following the verdict on party disbandment, Somsak said the PAD would not allow the Cabinet to work in the caretaker capacity until the formation of the next government.

He said every minister must depart along with Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat.

Of 36 Cabinet members, 22 are not affected by the party disbandment and can carry on in the caretaker administration.

The Nation

Man I am sick of the PAD!! Just send in Rambo, we all saw what he did in Burma, let's see if they are ready to die for their cause!!! LOL

Edited by arkom

True - most all parties have been involved in vote buying, BUT the reason for the dissolution is because an EXECUTIVE of each of the 3 parties bought votes, and as a result the whole party suffers. Had it been a lesser person only he/she would have been thrown out.

Sounds like all the parties need to be more careful next time and just let the little guys do the vote buying, with the executives staying clean and they should be alright?

What is going to happen?? My guess is that 50,000 red shirts will open the airport inside three days. This verdict is likely to push there so far peaceful opposition to PAD past a limit of acceptance. Dont forget, they were most likely holding there agression as their parties were in power. They are not any more, so what have they to loose. Expect some really messy goings on in Bangkok the next week.

50,000 red shirts, army, or police, violent or non-violent I don't care as long as who ever gets them yellow shirts out of the airports.

Anyone know for sure if the PPP, after a process of metamorphosis, can just re-emerge as the XXX party and take over as government or do they have to rerun the election as confirmation?

At least Somchai can now step aside having saved face by having not resigned. An honourable Thai solution.

Yes. PPP has already formed a new party in anticipation of this called the Peua Pandi Party. All of the PPP MPs that weren't banned will switch to this party. this is according to the numerous press reports I've read in the last few months.