Thai Political Parties Dissolved

PoorSucker

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh whats the use! I was going to give my considered opinion on this farce but unfortunately laughter is hampering my efforts. My friend in Mexico was proudly claiming the banana republic credentials of his adoptive home, what with their chief police anti corruption officer being forced to resign having taken a bung from a drug cartel. But how can you compete with a mob of yellow shirts blockading the Countries two main airports whilst a crowd of red shirts blockade the constitutional court; which bans the ruling party on electoral fraud charges causing it to.... change it's name.

It's like monty python's flying circus this. Please bring this to a close my wife is embarrassed enough and I can sense another banning of Youtube on the way.

Cargo flights have been resumed already, as long as shippers and airlines are ready. Passenger flights will have to wait for the PAD to leave the airport: http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews...K35445920081202

Even though PAD leave by today or anytime soon, it might take a week to operate passenger flights: http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssIndustr...K37308720081201

They haven't gone anywhere yet, they are still on there stage bragging and gloating that they engineered(sic) Somchai's resignation!

Edited by jayjayjayjay

<deleted> does that mean (from The Nation)? He 'did' his best in past tense, but what will he do now?
Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat on Tuesday made a measured reaction to the verdict to disband his People Power Party which has effectively caused the loss of his job and the collapse of the government.

"I did my best to administer the country," he said.

Somchai was chairing the weekly Cabinet meeting at his temporary office in Chiang Mai when the Constitution Court handed down the ruling to dissolve three coalition parties, including Chart Thai and Matchima Thipataya.

JTS --- he's banned from politics for 5 years --- so obviously he'll go to the UK and buy a football team with his bor-in-law's money

He would have good company there -- in a circle of his family -- so I would not cry about it. It would be the best solution for everybody. As the verdict has reached, and was unaninomous he has no further legal place in government; the BBC was more precise (and said what I rather wanted to hear instead of some sentimental half sentence of him -- that he would accept the ruling.

This was what the PAD wanted, they got it. That they prolong the airport sit-in (or do not at least release one airport for operations) is now totally unacceptable. As they themselves have give no way out to the country, it is finally the time to get them moved. Timeline of the military is before the 5th, as I would see nobody moving at all until then this can only mean one possible solution. The PAD really want to be martyrs...

The Asian Human Rights Commision is a front for Thaksin??

They have always been sympathetic to his cause, front or not.

Define' sympathetic' for example if I called you "A human rights abuser of the worst kind" would this be considered 'sympathetic'? :

From Thaksin's Wikipedia page:

Human Rights Watch described Thaksin as "a human rights abuser of the worst kind", alleging that he participated in media suppression and presided over a violent campaign against drugs.

Wrecker: Dont even suggest that red march on the airport. Its what PAD want. Right now PPP/PTP is still in power as far as the Constitution and laws is concerned. And this time they have the powerbase from "clean" Members of the Parliament. There is 22 "clean" cabinet members, there is two "clean" MP's in that government and they have a caretaker PM.

If "other powers" dont intervene, and that would be breaking the Constitution, you will have a new Cabinet filled with "clean" MP's from the Coalition parties. Then there will be by-elections in the provinces where the court handed out red and yellow cards. The only way of a legal power change is if those by-elections chose exclusively democrat MPs. And thats highly unlikely. Its more likely that PTP get the majority alone in the Parliament.

To sum it up, "PPP"/UDD have nothing to gain from a violent confrontation at the airport, so hopefully there wont be one.

The Asian Human Rights Commision is a front for Thaksin??

They have always been sympathetic to his cause, front or not.

Define' sympathetic' for example if I called you "A human rights abuser of the worst kind" would this be considered 'sympathetic'? :

From Thaksin's Wikipedia page:

Human Rights Watch described Thaksin as "a human rights abuser of the worst kind", alleging that he participated in media suppression and presided over a violent campaign against drugs.

So do you see the difference between Human Rights Watch and Asian Human Right Commission opinions?

great so now we swap yellow terrorists for red terrorists ?

I'm afraid that going to be the case.

Might I preempt this that I believe protesters using illegal means whatever the color of their shirt is do not have any backing of me.

But it is fact thet the UDD dispersed from the court immediately after the court ordered them to do so. Compare that to the PAD ordered to vacate the airport on the 26th.

Still, both sides pay for people to attend, both sides use weapons, both sides are well beyond the law. This has to stop.

What is going to happen?? My guess is that 50,000 red shirts will open the airport inside three days. This verdict is likely to push there so far peaceful opposition to PAD past a limit of acceptance. Dont forget, they were most likely holding there agression as their parties were in power. They are not any more, so what have they to loose. Expect some really messy goings on in Bangkok the next week.

50,000 red shirts, army, or police, violent or non-violent I don't care as long as who ever gets them yellow shirts out of the airports.

Yeah once the airport is completely destroyed I'm sure you will be getting a really cheap flight out. Not sure about the waiting time from checkin though.

I'm afraid that going to be the case.

Might I preempt this that I believe protesters using illegal means whatever the color of their shirt is do not have any backing of me.

But it is fact thet the UDD dispersed from the court immediately after the court ordered them to do so. Compare that to the PAD ordered to vacate the airport on the 26th.

Still, both sides pay for people to attend, both sides use weapons, both sides are well beyond the law. This has to stop.

any realistic suggestion as to how they would go about it ?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AHRC-STM-298-2008

November 26, 2008

A Statement by the Asian Human Rights Commission

THAILAND: Watershed moment for democracy and rule of law

http://www.ahrchk.net/statements/mainfile....tatements/1779/

The only joke I see is that statement (the misspellings are horrible - must be a Thaksin front organisation).

The Asian Human Rights Commision is a front for Thaksin?? :o:D:D funny.

Funny, every time I try that link I get a 404 error. Went directly to the AHRC website and don't see this article anywhere. Curious.....broken link, no article on the site..........

What is going to happen?? My guess is that 50,000 red shirts will open the airport inside three days. This verdict is likely to push there so far peaceful opposition to PAD past a limit of acceptance. Dont forget, they were most likely holding there agression as their parties were in power. They are not any more, so what have they to loose. Expect some really messy goings on in Bangkok the next week.

50,000 red shirts, army, or police, violent or non-violent I don't care as long as who ever gets them yellow shirts out of the airports.

Yeah once the airport is completely destroyed I'm sure you will be getting a really cheap flight out. Not sure about the waiting time from checkin though.

Not looking for a flight in or out.... staying for the long haul.

What if people came to your house and decided to occupy it? you asked them to leave they said no, you went to court and court asked them to leave they still said no, you met their demands they still said no.... at some point are you not going to use force?

I would have long ago...

Thai news said that the PAD still will not leave the airport.

Unluckily -- already since they started this mess -- the PAD so obviously have no plan what they really want. Then somebody could work towards that.

Their stated goal was that the government shall be dissolved. This has happened now.

One would assume that patience is wearing really thin on all sides who backed them, they seemingly never let this come to an end. They themselves do not want to be in power (really?), on the other hand they have nominated nobody. Maybe they just do like destruction for no other sake than destroying things...

No, it has not happened. In fact, it looks like [former]PPP will retain power in the coalition with most of its MPs in place to vote the same instructed way as before.

Surely allowing those that benefited to remain in power when the party itself is disbanded for perverting the democratic system goes against the spirit of the law?

PAD: entire Cabinet must leave office

People's Alliance for Democracy leader Somsak Kosaisuk on Tuesday vowed to continue rallying at Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi airports and demanded the departure of the entire Cabinet.

Following the verdict on party disbandment, Somsak said the PAD would not allow the Cabinet to work in the caretaker capacity until the formation of the next government.

He said every minister must depart along with Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat.

Of 36 Cabinet members, 22 are not affected by the party disbandment and can carry on in the caretaker administration.

The Nation

Man I am sick of the PAD!! Just send in Rambo, we all saw what he did in Burma, let's see if they are ready to die for their cause!!! LOL

I saw Rambo is working on a script for his 5th movie... I think this situation is ideal to make his new comeback action thriller!!

entitled "turning yellow into red"

Obviously the yellar shirts are just a cover up for the fascist black shirts of dreaded memories.

Oh please, every political party in Thailand "breaks the law". Just about every high ranking government official "breaks the law". Just about every high ranking police officer "breaks the law". Just about every high ranking military officer "breaks the law". And quite frankly, the judiciary of Thailand has never been without its dirty laundry and it too has always been under the influence of one political faction or another. What has changed is that Sondhi has used his media power to demonize the opposition and so now we have the pawns of both megalomaniacs, Thaksin and Sondhi, wearing their gang colors avowing to destroy the opposition. So the chess game will continue. All that has happened is that one side got some leverage over the judiciary who then threw the board up in the air to mix up all the pieces and start anew. But the stalemate will continue. There is no good news here for the Kingdom and the Thai people.

Sadly ---Johpa is correct. The hypocrisy of PAD is illustrated in the decades of criminal and murdering activities of just one of their leaders General Pallop Pinmanee ---- for those who imagine that PAD fight corruption- murder-intimidation---simply have a quick look at this guys record.

This guy is a stark raving maniac ---- heaven help Thailand if he and his ilk actually get to hold sway !!

Thai news said that the PAD still will not leave the airport.

Unluckily -- already since they started this mess -- the PAD so obviously have no plan what they really want. Then somebody could work towards that.

Their stated goal was that the government shall be dissolved. This has happened now.

One would assume that patience is wearing really thin on all sides who backed them, they seemingly never let this come to an end. They themselves do not want to be in power (really?), on the other hand they have nominated nobody. Maybe they just do like destruction for no other sake than destroying things...

No, it has not happened. In fact, it looks like [former]PPP will retain power in the coalition with most of its MPs in place to vote the same instructed way as before.

Surely allowing those that benefited to remain in power when the party itself is disbanded for perverting the democratic system goes against the spirit of the law?

So how long do you personally propose to disrupt any economic activity in the country? Until there is nothing left Thaksin and his cronies could get because all is gone?

I am sure you have a definitive plan in mind. Or not, like the PAD: totally lost in the corner they painted themselves in.

What if people came to your house and decided to occupy it? you asked them to leave they said no, you went to court and court asked them to leave they still said no, you met their demands they still said no.... at some point are you not going to use force?

I would have long ago...

Got nothing to do with my personal property.

If a large group of protesters staged a sit in at a public facility in New Zealand the general outcome is they stay until they are ready to leave.

Using violence to force them to move on would be unthinkable.

If you feel so inconvenienced by the disruption to your travel plans that you would condone violence in order to save yourself the hassle of finding a new route then you are a tool.

Indeed, and it will be interesting to see if those posters calling for PADs blood will continue with their hard line towards the Red...as they all clame to not the pro-PPP.

Ask me again when the red shirts shut down the airport.

If you feel so inconvenienced by the disruption to your travel plans that you would condone violence in order to save yourself the hassle of finding a new route then you are a tool.

Learn to read, I live here no FLIGHTS in or OUT i am here for the long haul..... I find it funny you can't be bothered to read yet you are the one calling me a tool?

Edited by MyphuketLife

So the People Against Democracry and their hi-so judicial mates want to overturn a government that was elected via direct pork-barrelling.

fantastic - next we will see protestors dismissing governments all round the world wherever there has been covert pork-barrelling via members of congress or parliament ensuring that their electorates get government contracts.

Mia tell me that The PAD will leave the airport as early as tomorrow but certainly within 3 days, she is quoting, http://www.manager.co.th/ But I cant read Thai so I cant confirm

P.A.D. don't know themselves, there will be a meeting of top brass tonight.

PAD Leaders to Meet Tonight to Discuss PAD’s Next Move

TOC UPDATE (approx 2:20 pm)

The People’s Alliance for Democracy has cheered and clapped wildly after the Constitution Court had ruled this morning to disband the People Power party. The leaders are scheduled to meet tonight to discuss the PAD’s next move.

The People’s Alliance for Democracy protesters are to remain at Don Muang and Suvarnabhumi airports even after the court has ruled to disband the People Power party. The PAD hosts have told the protesters that their fight isn’t over even after the brief victory this morning.

The next step is for the MPs to convene to nominate a new premier. With most People Power party MPs escaping the political ban, they will most likely vote for another People Power party sponsored candidate. Some of the names which could be nominated to replace former PM Somchai Wongsawat are Chalerm Yoobamrung and Mingkwan Saengsuwan.

also:

Chaovarat becomes caretaker PM

No-1 Deputy Prime Minister Chaovarat Chanweerakul will become caretaker prime minister pending a meeting of the caretaker Cabinet, former PM's Office Ministers Sukhumpong Ngonkham said Tuesday.

He said the caretaker Cabinet would make a former decision as to who should be caretaker prime minister replacing disqualified prime minister Somchai Wongsawat.