Thai Political Parties Dissolved

PoorSucker

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NO chance that the airport will open any time soon. Not enough to appease the PAD, I'm afraid. They want much more than this.

exactly my thoughts :o

You can bet your bottom baht on it......at this rate the airport will be ready for its next flights in 2015. On the bright side.....the mini-bus business is going great guns.

Anyone know for sure if the PPP, after a process of metamorphosis, can just re-emerge as the XXX party and take over as government or do they have to rerun the election as confirmation?

At least Somchai can now step aside having saved face by having not resigned. An honourable Thai solution.

hehe!!

NO chance that the airport will open any time soon. Not enough to appease the PAD, I'm afraid. They want much more than this.

When PAD will vacate the airports, red shirts will take over and block them as long as this court ruling is changed...

Providing they do not take more direct action and try to force PAD out already tonight...

On the TV they are saying all 3 parties have been dissolved and that the PAD are now saying that they want all party members or (past) govt members banned. I think that was the gist of it, basically the inference was that this was not enough for them to pull out of the 2 airports. Surprise, surprise (not)!

great so now we swap yellow terrorists for red terrorists ?

Indeed, and it will be interesting to see if those posters calling for PADs blood will continue with their hard line towards the Red...as they all clame to not the pro-PPP.

(Besides what, 2 users that are madly in-love with Thaksin. Even thought he...ehh...has nothing to do with PPP...or so they say...it all gets very confusing when they try to justify their irrational postings. :o )

If the yellows move out of the airport and reds move in, You will hear me calling for the police or army to go in and end the occupation. Red, Yellow, White, Black, Brown, Purple, Pink.... Does not matter the color of the shirt it matters their actions.

What will be interesting is if YOU will say the reds taking over the airport is ok in light of them trying to accomplish something as you have for the yellow shirt??? Hopefully we don't find out, as I would hate to see the airport occupation continue

When PAD will vacate the airports, red shirts will take over and block them as long as this court ruling is changed...

Providing they do not take more direct action and try to force PAD out already tonight...

The easiest thing would be to leave the people at the airport and have the PPP start paying them instead of the PAD...and of course have them change their shirts.

So where does it get us :D

Wasn't TRT banned by the same court a couple years ago and look where that ruling got us.

Proxy parties for TRT/PPP have already been set-up, financed, and registered to run in any new elections. Any takers on a bet on who wins those elections! Or does everyone now support those light-skinned PAD supporters' attempt to disenfranchise all those dark-skinned people who keep voting the "wrong" way in elections?

Seems the country is just going around in circles.

Maybe it's time for just a plain ole military dictatorship for awhile...where is Suchinda when we need him :o

Edited by MeetJohnDoe

The easiest thing would be to leave the people at the airport and have the PPP start paying them instead of the PAD...and of course have them change their shirts.

exactly.... I wonder what all those people will do when they return to their providences only to find out, there are no tourists and no jobs to be had.... I wonder if they think the 500B a day was worth it in the long run?

So how many from the coalition got red and yellow cards? With Somchai out PTP need a new leader and there will be a new PM. The Constitution says a parliament meating should be held and a new cabinet formed. So now the "Nobody" have to find a way to remove that head too.

I dont think there will be any red shirt army taking over anything. That is if the Coalition is in any controll of the red troublemakers. They have absolutely nothing to gain, because right now the parliamentary rules and the Constitution is working FOR the Coalition.

So, anyone want to take bets on a military flower coup this week? And a Thailand with two cabinets, one up north and one in bangkok... "Nobody" have been thinking that one trough so I dont think its too likely. The most likely outcome is PTP select the next PM and PAD stays where they are. Unless they run away right now the PAD leaders wont save any face at all, and the face already lost is too much for them to go anywhere.

:D

One could also be in both payrolls wearing a shirt yellow in the front and red in the back. Great opportunity to double your income :D

Indeed, and it will be interesting to see if those posters calling for PADs blood will continue with their hard line towards the Red...as they all clame to not the pro-PPP.

(Besides what, 2 users that are madly in-love with Thaksin. Even thought he...ehh...has nothing to do with PPP...or so they say...it all gets very confusing when they try to justify their irrational postings. :o )

If the yellows move out of the airport and reds move in, You will hear me calling for the police or army to go in and end the occupation. Red, Yellow, White, Black, Brown, Purple, Pink.... Does not matter the color of the shirt it matters their actions.

What will be interesting is if YOU will say the reds taking over the airport is ok in light of them trying to accomplish something as you have for the yellow shirt??? Hopefully we don't find out, as I would hate to see the airport occupation continue

I don't thin the reds have enough money tp pay people to take over the airport.

MP's are still allowed to hold their seats if they havent been banned directly (i.e. on the 'board' - whatever that means!) - so its possible that new elections wont be necessary, if a newly formed party (or coalition) has enough seats - am i right?

We could end up with the 'Usual suspects' back in the driving seat and this court verdict got us no where.

Edited by Wolfie

I don't think thats gonna happen, but the question is will this be enough for the pads at the airports, if they STILL refuse to leave AND the police still sit on their hands for another week; that will be really fed up, situation getting frustrating..

(Besides what, 2 users that are madly in-love with Thaksin. Even thought he...ehh...has nothing to do with PPP...or so they say...it all gets very confusing when they try to justify their irrational postings. :D )

I don't thin the reds have enough money tp pay people to take over the airport.

Neither did the PAD, that’s why there are reports of people returning to their providence only to find out they were paid with counterfeit money

:o

it's true that if the current members of parliament are allowed to come back under a new (same same) party then we are back to square one.

But there isn't a way to legally stop this from happening. PAD's demand to ban all current members of parliament will go nowhere, although it's halfway a good idea. Only problem is that then we will have the brothers, sisters, aunties, uncles, sons, daughters, wives etc. of the banned as the new MPs. Sound familiar ?

We've had Thaksin, his brother-in-law and if it's true, Thaksin's sister will be the next PM for the new party. After that we'll get the children and eventually Thaksin's driver and maid as PM. Since when did the Shinawatras become the only people capable of governing Thailand ? It that doesn't tell you their brand of politics stinks to high heaven then you'd probably vote for a Don Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney ticket to fix the US problems.

Let the army run everything for the next 10 years. Ho can it be any worse than now ?

PARTY DISSOLUTION

People Power, Chart Thai and Matchima Thipataya parties disbanded

By The Nation

The Constitution Court on Tuesday ruled to disband three coalition parties, People Power, Chart Thai and Matchima Thipataya, and banned the three's party executives from electoral process for five years.

The high court held the three parties for accountability on electoral fraud involving party executives, Yongyuth Tiyapairat of People Power, Monthien Songpracha of Chart Thai and Sunthorn Wilawan of Matchima Thipataya.

In the fraud case linked to People Power Party, the high court cited the Yongyuth conviction by the Supreme Court as the ground to penalise the ruling party.

For cases linked to Chart Thai and Matchima Thipataya, it invoked the rulings by the Election Commission as the basis to punish the two parties.

The nine presiding judges reached unanimous decisions against People Power and Matchima Thipataya parties. And they formed the eight-to-one decision to punish Chart Thai.

The high court opined that the punishment by disbandment was mandatory as sanctioned by Article 237 of the Constitution and that it had no leeway to selectively punish the party executives on the individual basis.

Source: The Nation

Victory Party, starting at 6pm at Mon and Kurt's in Chiang Dao. BYOB

NANANANA....NANANANA....HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE....

Tears of Joy lots of fun great tunes

God Bless the King!

Thank you PAD

Cheers

Mon and Kurt

In the first instance I felt sorry for you.

On second thoughts no more. Enjoy the plutocracy.

I wouldn't be so sure, I have friends in BKK who have been told their china air flight will leave tomorrow without fail

but from which airport?

Nothing will be flying out of the bangkok airports for a minimum of 7-9 days (2 days clear up and 7 days to re-certify the airports)