Pm's Measured Reaction To Party Disbandment

Buckwheat

Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat on Tuesday made a measured reaction to the verdict to disband his People Power Party which has effectively caused the loss of his job and the collapse of the government.

"I did my best to administer the country," he said.

Somchai was chairing the weekly Cabinet meeting at his temporary office in Chiang Mai when the Constitution Court handed down the ruling to dissolve three coalition parties, including Chart Thai and Matchima Thipataya.

The Nation

Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat on Tuesday made a measured reaction to the verdict to disband his People Power Party which has effectively caused the loss of his job and the collapse of the government.

Somchai was chairing the weekly Cabinet meeting at his temporary office in Chiang Mai when the Constitution Court handed down the ruling to dissolve three coalition parties, including Chart Thai and Matchima Thipataya.

The Nation

As an earlier poster indicated, this decision enables Somchai to duisappear with "face" - he did not bow to pressure to resign.

The Nation

As an earlier poster indicated, this decision enables Somchai to duisappear with "face" - he did not bow to pressure to resign.

If being ruled out because of electoral fraud can be called saving face ....!

The Nation

But he did suceed in extending the crisis, for some days longer than was necessary, after it was clear that he had lost the support of both the police and the military. His brother-in-law will be very pleased with him !

Something for him to contemplate ... as he continues to play golf, or attend karaoke singing in Chiang Mai. :o

The Nation

If being ruled out because of electoral fraud can be called saving face ....!

The actual offense has nothing to do with him personnally.

"I did my best to administer the country,"

does that entitle him to some type of 'golden handshake'?????

He'll be lucky to get a golden shower!

Cheers

I was waiting for someone to mention a GS, youre a deviet percy2 :o

I'm not even from Saigon :D

Cheers

Sorry Somchai, but your best was totally useless...

... I hear McDonalds is looking for a new manager, maybe you will be better at flipping burgers :o

Nope he would not make the grade they measure performance. Hey maybe Macca Managers should manage many of the corporate companies and Governments. If they don't perform they are toast.

Sorry Somchai, but your best was totally useless...

... I hear McDonalds is looking for a new manager, maybe you will be better at flipping burgers :o

Or go to jail and get flipped by buggers.

Edited by animatic