Flights To Resume At Suvarnabhumi

McLovin

Basic functionality of the airport and more importantly SECURITY should prohibit normal flight operations from commencing.

Allowing planes to land is one thing but allowing plans to take off is another.

With PAD in control of the airport there is NO way AOT can assure the secuirty of what is going on the outgoing flights cargo or passenger. This inability to assure security will likely lead to almost all western nations denying landing rights for any flight plan that has gone thru the unsecure airport.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AOT president ready to arrange special zone for PAD rallies at airports

The Nation

What a joke!

Not much else he can do though... :o

Madness, so now they have a secure place at the airport ,so next time the PAD want to strike ,they don,t have to go far , surely they should be kept far away from any airport . and the leaders locked up, all the damage caused and they now get a new home and maybe a medal for their leaders, not 3rd world , 4th world

The Nation

What a joke!

Not much else he can do though... :D

:o Just wondering......How do we know that tomorrow the red shirts won't take over the airport to protest he court decision?

AOT and PAD will jointly conduct the screening of passengers into the airport.

-The Nation

This is simply ridiculous!

Hey, to the poster above (MellowYellow Post#31)... at least they can assure the western governments that the airport is "secured by PAD".

:o

Edited by junkofdavid2

-The Nation

Hey, to the poster above... at least they can assure the western governments that the airport is "secured by PAD".

Wonder if international airlines would accept this , Security personal at airports are all strictly vetted ,having people from PAD at the airport handling security sounds very dangerous to me , and this is where airlines should boycot Bangkok untill the airport has proper security

The Nation

What a joke!

Not much else he can do though... :o

That could be a problem, it's quite possible that some passenger will clash with protesters on the premises. Many angry (justifiably so) people will vent their anger against those PAD protesters and things can get out of hand.

"I think that Suvarnabhumi Airport will be able to be re-opened within 24 hours," he said. Referring to checkpoints set up by PAD at the entrances of the airport, AOT and PAD will jointly conduct the screening of passengers into the airport.

I don't think many people will want to be touched by armed fanatics just to board an airplane.

-The Nation

Hey, to the poster above (MellowYellow Post#31)... at least they can assure the western governments that the airport is "secured by PAD".

<deleted>???

Those protesters have ABSOLUTELY no jurisdiction to screen anyone for any reason at all.

If anyone from PAD tries to search me then he'll get an earful (in his own language) telling him just what I think of him. They have no right at all to search "civilians", airport business is nothing to do with them.

I've already asked my lawyer, a Thai who HATES the PAD to meet me there before I fly out later this month! Bit of loss of face in front of all his boy scout mates!!

Looking forward to it.

If anyone from PAD tries to search me then he'll get an earful (in his own language) telling him just what I think of him. They have no right at all to search "civilians", airport business is nothing to do with them.

I've already asked my lawyer, a Thai who HATES the PAD to meet me there before I fly out later this month! Bit of loss of face in front of all his boy scout mates!!

Looking forward to it.

Agree 100% ...I will just drive by the checkpoint, they have no right to search me. And if they refuse I'll just run them over!!

Associated Press - December 2, 2008 5:43 AM ET

BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) - The head of Thailand's airports says that Suvarnabhumi international airport will remain closed to passenger flights until at least Dec. 15 due to the disruption caused by anti-government protesters.

Acting director Serirat Prasutanont of the Airports of Thailand says in a statement Tuesday that the country's main airport has lost more $10 million due to the weeklong closure forced by anti-government protesters.

The statement says the closure of the airport for passenger flights "is extended to 6 p.m. on Dec. 15."

Serirat said the airport was reopened to cargo flights on Tuesday.

Looking forward to it.

Agree 100% ...I will just drive by the checkpoint, they have no right to search me. And if they refuse I'll just run them over!!

Hope you enjoy you stay at the BKK Hilton

-The Nation

i actually thought this was a joke

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/12/02...es_30090021.php

untill i saw the link

' Carry on Thailand '

The Lunatics are running the Asylum

So 15 Dec 6pm applies to both Don Meuang and Swampy, or just Swampy?

(I just did the 8.5 hour drive from Phuket to BKK and it was brutal. I need to go back to Phuket and I'm hoping DM opens sooner than the 15th....)

Does the FAA have to clear both airports before they begin operations again?

-The Nation

Will someone please give me the full link to the story assoicated with this title.

I have checked the Nation website's Breaking News and cannot see a similar title.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/

THANKS

-The Nation

<deleted>???

Those protesters have ABSOLUTELY no jurisdiction to screen anyone for any reason at all.

Disagree.

They already have the right to arrest police officers.

Might = Right

Amazing Thailand!, really though, all those people amoaning and agroaning about being stuck in Thailand (having chosen to have their holidays in a country currently suffering political turmoil) and not able to get home....if I had to choose a country to be stranded in you could do a lot worse than choose Thailand!....just go and chill out on the beach for another two weeks and be gratefull!....Thailand is great! there's always something crazy going on!.....

Amazing Thailand!, really though, all those people amoaning and agroaning about being stuck in Thailand (having chosen to have their holidays in a country currently suffering political turmoil) and not able to get home....if I had to choose a country to be stranded in you could do a lot worse than choose Thailand!....just go and chill out on the beach for another two weeks and be gratefull!....Thailand is great! there's always something crazy going on!.....

Post of the Week! :o

Airports of Thailand Acting President Serirat Prasutanond Tuesday asked The People's Alliance for Democracy to leave Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang airports, after the Constitution Court dissolved three coalition parties.

Serirat said that now that Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat was disqualified by the ruling, PAD has its wish satisfied. They should leave the airports which are the major airports to handle passengers and air cargo, to reduce further damage.

He added that if the PAD wants to remain at the airports, AOT is ready to arrange a special area so that the protest would not affect the operations.

It was reported that some PAD leaders agree with AOT's proposal but it is upto the decision of all leaders who will meet this evening.

The Nation

Ditto (and I live here).

Strand me in a life of smiles any day.

They said in the news that if there were no technical issues then they would be ready for flights within 24 hours.

The issues of damage, IED's, barbed wire blocking accesses etc etc might be classed as technical issues.

I still can't believe it.....I wonder how long it will be before this happens again?

Next week, when PPP adopts a new name and shows there faces in the political arena again.

I say tourists should boycott Thailand and let them wallow in there own **it