Flights To Resume At Suvarnabhumi

McLovin

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought but with the damage to the economy with the loss of tourism, i wonder will they stop farang pricing in lots of places to get us back :D

I would happily settle for the Australian dollar to go back up,but it does not look like it's going to happen........ :jerk: I have seen it go from 33 baht,all the way down to 21 baht....As my pay comes from Australia,that is a fairly severe pay cut... :D Maybe i can join the PAD,i hear they pay well......LOL :o

I know what you mean....I bought 5 million Australian dollars worth of US Dollars back in mid July when the exchange rate was around the 98 cents to the USD & now Im trying to work out where the bottom is so I can change my US$ back to AUD & get cashed up :D ....these are nervous times and im feelin for you brother :D:wai::P

ALL PAD Who took part in this "Protest" Should recive a Medal

For holding the airport for over 7 days.

Resisting all atempts to retake it

Beating off attacks from Government forces

And taking prisoners.

This Sacrifice was made in order to get the Government we want. and to ReEducate The Masses Up North.

To The Police Forces. Who severly outnumbered, Valiantly attempted to Retake The Airport

You Will Recive another Row of Ribbons and Three Medals One for going. one for attendance. and one for reporting back.

for the Officer Who was Taken Prisoner. Sorry you were Crap

Got That Crap Crap Crap.

:o:D:D

Sorry to p1ss on your firework my friend, but PAD's actions did nothing to help the removal of this government. It was a court decision and was always going to be.

All PAD have succeeded in doing is turning ordinary, working class Thais against the so-called "elite" of this country. Having loads of dosh in Thailand may make you "elite", it DOES NOT however make you educated!!!

A complete waste of time!

Note though, agree 100% wth comments re Thai police. What a waste of space they are!

AOT president ready to arrange special zone for PAD rallies at airportsPublished on December 2, 2008

Airports of Thailand Acting President Serirat Prasutanond Tuesday asked the People's Alliance for Democracy to leave Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang airports, after the Constitution Court dissolved three coalition parties.

Serirat said that now that Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat was disqualified by the ruling, PAD has its wish satisfied. They should leave the airports which are the major airports to handle passengers and air cargo, to reduce further damage.

He added that if the PAD wants to remain at the airports, AOT is ready to arrange a special area so that the protest would not affect the operations.

It was reported that some PAD leaders agree with AOT's proposal but it is upto the decision of all leaders who will meet this evening.

The Nation

Well i hope this is right or im stuffed funds are low and have no were to go if i run out now

Finnair have just updated their website with:

"Finnair flights to Bangkok 26th Nov to 7th Dec - Ticket changes

Ticket changes

Finnair flights from Helsinki to Bangkok have been cancelled untill 7 December 2008."

So looks like they won't be flying again by the "official" reopening on the 5th, but it won't be long after :o

I just cannot believe the endless naïve effrontery and arrogance of the People Against Democracy.

THEY will allow flights to resume? THEY will screen people going into the airport? Oh yeah, sure, you can fly now. Are they really that ignorant that they think all is tickyboo now?

People in this country have no concept of what Safety or Security is. "I'm with the PAD, I know what is good or not."

What qualifications or juristicion do these f**kin moron thugs have? Its like letting pedophiles run the daycare center. KHWAAI!

These handclappin idiots have cost my missus' business over a million! I have chosen to live in this wonderful country with my Princess. I think Thailand is a great place to live, but I sometimes wonder if these people realize that no (western) country will take this place seriously anymore.

Chaimai, please explain to my farang 'you don understand thai culture ' mind what longterm benefit this farce will have for thai people? No more foreign investment? No more tourists defiling the proud and ever virtuous Thai maidens? Thai ways of doing things will change? :o

Please tell me...

AOT president ready to arrange special zone for PAD rallies at airports

Airports of Thailand Acting President Serirat Prasutanond Tuesday asked The People's Alliance for Democracy to leave Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang airports, after the Constitution Court dissolved three coalition parties.

Serirat said that now that Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat was disqualified by the ruling, PAD has its wish satisfied. They should leave the airports which are the major airports to handle passengers and air cargo, to reduce further damage.

He added that if the PAD wants to remain at the airports, AOT is ready to arrange a special area so that the protest would not affect the operations.

It was reported that some PAD leaders agree with AOT's proposal but it is upto the decision of all leaders who will meet this evening.

The Nation

Ah, common sense at last :o , They can no doubt find space next to the Muslim Prayer room, I wonder whether this will include creche facilities?

Most likely the first international flights taking off and landing will be Thai Airways, others may be slightly more reluctant.

Can you honestly blame them for being 'Reluctant' without a 100% safetycheck ? Would you want to be on the first flight in or out without thorough scrutiny ?

What if the computer system is compromised ? Ooops , wonder why that plane missed the runway ? ah well , just shove the wreckage to one side , buisness as usual .

It is fortunate that the court ruled as it did, if the PAD had succeded it would have resulted in a lot more of the same.

The PAD did succeed. The entire point was to prevent the PPP from altering the constitution to allow voter fraud and from castrating the judicial system so that it could not deliver verdicts against the PPP or Thaksin.

I hope it's not true that PAD is staying at the airports along with the airports security squad..that would be like putting the airports of Bangkok under PAD sovereignty..so they can re-close the airport as soon as they don't get what they want in parliament and we be back to this mess at anytime.. Not only should they be forced from the airport military checkpoints should now be setup to all roads leading in and out so that PAD or anyone else cannot invade the area with a convoy of vehicles like what was done the first time..if someone tries this again the police should open fire with automatic weapons like they would do in the ME.

I don't really believe reports of December 15th, as I have more confidence in the ability of Thais & Thailand, yes - even AoT, to be able to get things running again more swiftly than that. :o

Until the flight YOU are on runs into difficulties .

Amazing Thailand!, really though, all those people amoaning and agroaning about being stuck in Thailand (having chosen to have their holidays in a country currently suffering political turmoil) and not able to get home....if I had to choose a country to be stranded in you could do a lot worse than choose Thailand!....just go and chill out on the beach for another two weeks and be gratefull!....Thailand is great! there's always something crazy going on!.....

Some people are losing their jobs, others are losing millions of Baht in business. I guess you should tell them yourself that they should go to the beach for another 2 weeks to relax and see how they answer. :o

Those people are called losers.

Definitely, it's time to relax and enjoy the show.

Amazing Thailand!, really though, all those people amoaning and agroaning about being stuck in Thailand (having chosen to have their holidays in a country currently suffering political turmoil) and not able to get home....if I had to choose a country to be stranded in you could do a lot worse than choose Thailand!....just go and chill out on the beach for another two weeks and be gratefull!....Thailand is great! there's always something crazy going on!.....

Some people are losing their jobs, others are losing millions of Baht in business. I guess you should tell them yourself that they should go to the beach for another 2 weeks to relax and see how they answer. :o

Those people are called losers.

Definitely, it's time to relax and enjoy the show.

If your intention is to be the poster child for dumbshit ignorance- you won already. You know that some of these tourists who should be kicking back on the beach are in need of medical attention- many are losing wages- others are forced to be away from needs more pressing than sitting on the beach. You might welcome being stranded in Thailand- but how incredibly stupid to assume that other people have your airhead approach to life.

Trillions in damage to the economy and credibility of the country... for what??

The same elected government is still there-- powerless to govern-- nothings changed.

Every one knows the situation, and expect the same disruptions to continue. Tourists don't want to come here and be stranded. Business don't have confidence to expand and employ. The result being a visous circle of more poverty and social unrest. And voters will see who has caused it.

The Bangkok elite who promote the ''democratic'' party should make it well known that in future they will play fair: They have to forget the coups, and holding the day to day operation of the country to ransom.

If they want to retain power-- Why can't they honestly win over the poor countryside voters? It can't be that hard.

I don't really believe reports of December 15th, as I have more confidence in the ability of Thais & Thailand, yes - even AoT, to be able to get things running again more swiftly than that. :D

World economy, meltdown..etc. Plenty of questionable aircraft and profiteers in charge. They do not care.

All the failed airlines and travel groups etc. - The ones with the aircraft graveyards, others of the same breath, will be:

Your option in leaving here. Profit, remember "They" will fly you out..Substandard aircraft with past histories...

:o Any airline will claim civil unrest and be covered. Purchasing a ticket agrees to this. period.

Wait. Stay alive. Write a journal. Make a new year resolution to leave after then. Your life is worth more then the risks.

:D

Make them wait.

Edited by digitele

I don't really believe reports of December 15th, as I have more confidence in the ability of Thais & Thailand, yes - even AoT, to be able to get things running again more swiftly than that. :D

World economy, meltdown..etc. Plenty of questionable aircraft and profiteers in charge. They do not care.

All the failed airlines and travel groups etc. - The ones with the aircraft graveyards, others of the same breath, will be:

Your option in leaving here. Profit, remember "They" will fly you out..Substandard aircraft with past histories...

:o Any airline will claim civil unrest and be covered. Purchasing a ticket agrees to this. period.

Wait. Stay alive. Write a journal. Make a new year resolution to leave after then. Your life is worth more then the risks.

:D

Make them wait.

are you high?

Agreed!

What they have in fact done is created long term damage to Thailand, its reputation and its economy and short term benefit to an overwhelmingly small but loud minority.

I'm very glad that my/my wife's family and friends are the "uneducated masses" in the country. You can take your educated elite and shove them up your departure lounge.

Fully agree with you Lockstock. Apart from that, your last sentence makes this the funniest post I have seen in ages.

Somchai is gone, everyone saves face.......and nothing will change.

If the Bangkok elite are so determined to govern regardless of the means they acquire power than they truly deserve what they will get: a nation with a crippled economy and military/judicial coups every other year.

They have set back tourism and direct investment from the rest of the world for years. They have saved face they think, when the rest of the world no longer trusts or respects them.

I hope the tourists and business travelers keep in close contact with their respective airlines, because they will make the ultimate decision when it is safe to fly in and out of Swampy. And after they are safely away from Thailand many people will think long and hard before they return I'm afraid. :o

~WISteve

Somchai is gone, everyone saves face.......and nothing will change.

If the Bangkok elite are so determined to govern regardless of the means they acquire power than they truly deserve what they will get: a nation with a crippled economy and military/judicial coups every other year.

They have set back tourism and direct investment from the rest of the world for years. They have saved face they think, when the rest of the world no longer trusts or respects them.

I hope the tourists and business travelers keep in close contact with their respective airlines, because they will make the ultimate decision when it is safe to fly in and out of Swampy. And after they are safely away from Thailand many people will think long and hard before they return I'm afraid. :o

~WISteve

It's many a year since people from the real world have trusted or respected them :D

Associate Press states flights resume Friday;

"Please have confidence in us," said Vudhibhandhu Vichairatana, the chairman of the Airports of Thailand.

He called the flights a birthday gift for Thailand's revered King Bhumibol Adulyadej, who turns 81 on Dec. 5. The airport reopened to cargo flights Tuesday.

Officials had earlier said the airport would not reopen for commercial flights before Dec. 15, but Vudhibhandhu said he brought forward the date because an inspection revealed the airport had suffered no damage and could become operational more quickly

just saw on BBC that Airport will officially re-open 4th December, midnight ie in time for King's Birthday and that all PAD protests will stop then

Which would make a lot more sense then the 15th december date, I mean why would they need 13 days to ensure the airport's security, surely that can be done a whole lot quicker.

If they are doing it right, no, it should'nt be done quickly.

The airport has been semicontrolled by a 1000+ mob for over a week.

From a security standpoint, the entire airport should be searched completely (every nook and cranny) with bomb sniffer devices and dogs. This should take quite a long time to accomplish. This also shouldn't proceed until ALL PAD are out of the airport.

Think how easy it is/was for a southern separatist/ other angry terrorist/fringe Militaristic PAD member to just don yellow gear and getinto wherever they wanted in the airport undeterred and unsupervised. There could be lots of well and poorly hidden suprises in the airport now set for delayed activation by any of the parties. Also, how about the same people creating hidden weapons cahches for future use?

Do people really want to start boarding flights in this environment?

Do other countries really want these planes with unknown amounts of bonus surprises landing in their own airports?