Karaoke Problems (now I Know Why Thai's Shoot Each Other)

su-b-doo

White noise . . . or more specifically very low frequency white noise.

The best subwoofers you can buy and a huge amp - crank it up.

At certain frequencies it'll cause people to have involuntary bowel movements - also in general it causes people to feel dizzy and sick.

Alternative alternating high and low frequency white noise will just mess with their heads sufficiently.

Both are used as interrogation breakers and the low frequency was tested as warfare weapon!

just give them a blast when they start to annoy or even better before they do! :o

Oh Chri*t....another CIA...FBI....Special Forces...Delta force....when I was in "nam" wannabe....

At certain frequencies it'll cause people to have involuntary bowel movements - also in general it causes people to feel dizzy and sick.

Alternative alternating high and low frequency white noise will just mess with their heads sufficiently.

Both are used as interrogation breakers and the low frequency was tested as warfare weapon!

just give them a blast when they start to annoy or even better before they do! :o

Oh Chri*t....another CIA...FBI....Special Forces...Delta force....when I was in "nam" wannabe....

or maybe someone who bothered to pay attention in primary school elementary physics classes.

just give them a blast when they start to annoy or even better before they do! :D

or maybe someone who bothered to pay attention in primary school elementary physics classes.

Quite possible...but dont remember involuntary bowel movements ever being talked by lecturers in any of my physics classes.. :o

Unless things have changed considerably since I completed by education...maybe these days Universities are offering degrees in counter intelligence..

Quite possible...but dont remember involuntary bowel movements ever being talked by lecturers in any of my physics classes.. :o

Unless things have changed considerably since I completed by education...maybe these days Universities are offering degrees in counter intelligence..

This frequency is called the "brown note." We talked about it for a little in my high school chemistry class. There isn't much to say regarding it since there's no evidence of its existence. If I had to guess how the legend came about, I'd say a group of hippies probably soiled themselves at a concert and needed an excuse.

To the OP: I do have a story regarding late-night parties in Thailand.

Over the last couple decades, my family has situated itself upon a small hill in a neighborhood near Mae Sai. The people of the neighborhood are honest, hardworking people who wake before dawn every morning (and sleep immediately following the Ch. 3 or Ch. 7 "late-night" movie) to tend fields carved with the knives of generations past. Gradually, we came to own all the plots on this hill but two--one belonged to the local poo-yai bahn and the other, a wealthy woman living in Bangkok. The woman had the habit of renting out her house to anyone who would occupy it. One particular group of occupants partied through the night upon their arrival. Then the next day, and the day following, and so on. Until one night, at around 10 PM during their festivities, a loud noise enveloped the whole neighborhood--a noise louder than anything their speakers could produce. Infact, it seemed a bomb had gone off, then several smaller bombs. It's been two years and they haven't partied since.

Nobody died or was hurt, but I have no idea what may have caused that noise.

This frequency is called the "brown note." We talked about it for a little in my high school chemistry class. There isn't much to say regarding it since there's no evidence of its existence. If I had to guess how the legend came about, I'd say a group of hippies probably soiled themselves at a concert and needed an excuse.

To the OP: I do have a story regarding late-night parties in Thailand.

Over the last couple decades, my family has situated itself upon a small hill in a neighborhood near Mae Sai. The people of the neighborhood are honest, hardworking people who wake before dawn every morning (and sleep immediately following the Ch. 3 or Ch. 7 "late-night" movie) to tend fields carved with the knives of generations past. Gradually, we came to own all the plots on this hill but two--one belonged to the local poo-yai bahn and the other, a wealthy woman living in Bangkok. The woman had the habit of renting out her house to anyone who would occupy it. One particular group of occupants partied through the night upon their arrival. Then the next day, and the day following, and so on. Until one night, at around 10 PM during their festivities, a loud noise enveloped the whole neighborhood--a noise louder than anything their speakers could produce. Infact, it seemed a bomb had gone off, then several smaller bombs. It's been two years and they haven't partied since.

Nobody died or was hurt, but I have no idea what may have caused that noise.

Indeed brown note - I believe the testing was done quite a few years ago maybe even WWII period - I think the results were inconclusive affecting some people more than others.

No I am not a '....another CIA...FBI....Special Forces...Delta force....when I was in "nam" wannabe....' just someone who understand what certain sound frequencies will do to you. Why don't you try sitting a room for 10 minutes with white noise on at full volume and firstly see if you can stand 10 minutes of it and how you feel afterwards.

Why don't you try sitting a room for 10 minutes with white noise on at full volume and firstly see if you can stand 10 minutes of it and how you feel afterwards.

And pray tell why would I want to do something like that ?.....I can tune out my wifes yakking, so pretty sure, I could handle 10 minutes + of white noise.... :o:D

But back to the OP problem, somehow dont think the establishment concerned is going to let him put speakers in their establishment so he can bombarge them with white noise, brown notes etc....

He is a distance away, so the above theories are flawed simply because you havent considered the effects of attenuation over distance and in addtion you need lower frequencies to get the distance / energy and the speakers would need to be highly directional.

Referring to a discovery program I seen a long while ago, a sound "weapon" has been developed by the US and the heart of the system is a highly directional speaker...but someone dont see the OP springing for one of those to shutdown a noisy karaoke..

Edited by Soutpeel

What is that all too common answer to whingers , moaners, complainers etc ? Ah yes , it just came back to me slightly modified "The airport will be open shortly , you can always leave if you do not like it , we love thailand as it is "

LOL 555

Thanks for the advice; I also like Thailand been here for 13 years. We love Thailand as it is; sounds like a foggot talking. I work here and pay a lot in taxes and expect responsible people to do their job. If I chose to live down town, then yes I would expect the noise. best you stay down boys town boom boom