Tourist Arrivals On Samui Down 50%

LaoPo

just returned from the mainland amazed at the ease in getting on sea trans arrived at 12:20 and on the 2 oclock ferry and this is a long week end for the thais as well soooooo i'de say there are fewer arrivals. I must add that first impressions of the island are a bit depressing, bad roads, worst drivers, rubbish, tin shacks ........sad :o

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need Mary Poppins to come and wave her wand this Christmas !

How does anyone expect Samui to evolve perfectly so quickly . It all takes time but I think think things will get better - give everyone a chance, the new Major and their team , with the extra money they have from this year .

Nowhere is perfect . France is pretty nice but they have had thousands of years to perfect their architecture and planning .But even France has ghettos /crime and awful planning so.....

Lamai is busy.

of course it is "busy"...but, now, this week, will be it...it for the last year...it for the next year or two or very possiblly more..."it" does not = truly busy...not compared to last year, the year before, etc...or the next few year years...still waiting for you all to wake up and admit truth so we can best address reality....or just fade away out of business :o

now lets ee.

yesterday Tesco was so full had to look for parking for over 15 minutes.

the last 2 nights chaweng beach road traffic jams..

late night at black moon party packed, soi green mango and soi ragey packed.

lamai is packed..

just like every year the season has started on time and this time backed by direct charters arriving from Norway and Finland direct to surathani.

I suppose tireless thinks that all those walking on the street are Thais dressed up as farrnags... hahaah

and from what i see in banrak are lines of people waiting to go to KPG which i am told is also very buisy.

just to avoid the next silly opinions abou this .. samui will go quieter from January 5th till January 15th when the charter season starts.

happy new year..

HD,

Obviously we both don't have a clue since I experienced exactly the same at Tesco's and in Chaweng and pretty much everywhere else on the island where I went. Maybe we're just hallucinating?

Just to let all others know, I'm not under a delusion that 2009 is not going to be a difficult year! Maybe I just like to see things under a more optimistic, yet realistic point of view.

Edited by limbos

Much ppl at Tesco?? I would guess T/L Samui have cut their workforce by 30-50% since their glance days.Shelfs are empty and the stock has become nothing but bad.

Try to have your coldcut done their.It used to be a long que of ppl and the meat were very fine and fresh,nowdays its not eatable after 5 days in your refrigerator.

Are their fewer tourists....like 50%...... on samui today compared with same day one year ago? SURE without no doubt i say.

It was many years back in time since their was so little traffic on the roads of Samui.

Mr Lamai

Much ppl at Tesco?? I would guess T/L Samui have cut their workforce by 30-50% since their glance days.Shelfs are empty and the stock has become nothing but bad.

Try to have your coldcut done their.It used to be a long que of ppl and the meat were very fine and fresh,nowdays its not eatable after 5 days in your refrigerator.

Are their fewer tourists....like 50%...... on samui today compared with same day one year ago? SURE without no doubt i say.

It was many years back in time since their was so little traffic on the roads of Samui.

Mr Lamai

Although I prefer Big C over Tesco, yesterday all but 3 or 4 cashiers were open and a line in fornt of all of them. Haven't seen it that busy at tesco since a very long time!

It's as busy as usual on Samui, this time of the year, imo. Driving around was a nightmare, traffic everywhere and mini traffic jams all over the place.

Again, just my experience and pov.

......still waiting for you all to wake up and admit truth so we can best address reality....or just fade away out of business :o

well, then nobody will stop you, we are building the north wing + 76 rooms! Could facilitate it this year already...it's the story with the half empty or half full glass....

Mr Lamai

Although I prefer Big C over Tesco, yesterday all but 3 or 4 cashiers were open and a line in fornt of all of them. Haven't seen it that busy at tesco since a very long time!

It's as busy as usual on Samui, this time of the year, imo. Driving around was a nightmare, traffic everywhere and mini traffic jams all over the place.

Again, just my experience and pov.

I am not in the line of arguing,there are plenty of these persons already :o But my opinion that samui and the hoteliers suffer BIG time is solid. I also do prefer Big C nowdays.

Mr Lamai

just a quick note to theirless.

please do come to the airport now... i was there 10 minutes ago..

i have been here in new year xmass time for the past 9 years and have never ever seen samui airport like this..

in bangrak there are so many passengers for the slow boats and speed boats to KPG that they ordered more boats from KPG to come and help

Limbo i thinbk 2009 will hurt... but not as extreme as our dooms day brigade is anticipating

when our the wingewrs starting the ... too much traffic no parking and too many tourists thread hahahaha

if what i saw at the central today is any indicator; not anytime soon. the place was very quiet, i asked a guest if the place had been busy during her stay and her reply was "very quiet and wet" are there tourist on samui? yes in great mass? no many backpackers on the way to kpg? yep would i want to be a builder in the middle of a project right now? not

I was just waiting for a quieter week to visit Tesco, in january.

Never been to Big C, any big difference in type of goods and prices between the two?

I do not need foods.

now lets ee.

yesterday Tesco was so full had to look for parking for over 15 minutes.

the last 2 nights chaweng beach road traffic jams..

late night at black moon party packed, soi green mango and soi ragey packed.

lamai is packed..

just like every year the season has started on time and this time backed by direct charters arriving from Norway and Finland direct to surathani.

I suppose tireless thinks that all those walking on the street are Thais dressed up as farrnags... hahaah

and from what i see in banrak are lines of people waiting to go to KPG which i am told is also very buisy.

just to avoid the next silly opinions abou this .. samui will go quieter from January 5th till January 15th when the charter season starts.

happy new year..

not even you get it spock...there is NO "season" this year...the world economy is F*CKED!!....I have said all along that this week would be more busy than the recent weeks....it is the highest of the high...for now...and now...a week or two?...Samui is F*cked...so is Thailand (and Thailand helped itself on that way, unfortunately :o )...wake up folks, sticking your collective heads in the sand or up your <deleted> does not make reality go away....and spock...even though its more busy now than a few weeks ago...its not anywhere near the last few years or what is needed to sustain the bloated economy here....wake up

Lamai is busy.

"it" does not = truly busy...not compared to last year, the year before, etc...or the next few year years...

Lamai is busy now.

Now is a section of all time.

.: Lamai will be busy for all time.

See how easy that was?

wow mark you are soooo very smart, thank you for your brillance!...Lamai...Samui...Thailland...are busy FOR NOW...agreed :D ...good luck to the rest of folks who have their heads in the sand and no marketable or surviable skills when its not...now :o

My friends who lived there 2 years ago have gone back for a holiday this week and they say it is very very quite....Kho San Road was very busy with lots of people making there way to KPG/Samui.....what do we believe... :D

hemmm :o ....how about going to BKKAir's website and seeing how flights, either way (very reduced number of flights by the way) completely available...tomorrow, the next day...all week...yes...who :D

when our the wingewrs starting the ... too much traffic no parking and too many tourists thread hahahaha

whatever spock... :o ...clearly I am correct...and, unfortunately, you are not...good luck to you and those who live on planet vulcan :D

yes you are correct ... and we are wrong.

we who have been living here for the past 9 and more years are wrong yet you who have just joined the forum know better.

you know better that bkk air has available flights in the new airport... (you know the one that was not yet opened last year)... and can handle more flights. which they are at thsi moment. today they had 6 more flights then they did the same day last year.

you know better then the Russian agency Tez tours who are recruiting staff because they expect 40% increase in Russian tourists on January.

and you know about world economy and its effect on samui because you are realy prof rubinni who just came to teach us about the economic trends effecting the travel industry..

you know better then every one.. you are the only one who knows and all of us are just in the dark.

I am truly sorry i have upset you.

So when i go out tonight and sit 20 minutes in traffic trying to get into chaweng. or not find parking from all motor bikes parked on every street and when i see all those partyes and clubs packed with people ... i will remind my self that i am dilusional and that you are the one who knows.. :D

whatever spock... :o ...clearly I am correct...and, unfortunately, you are not...good luck to you and those who live on planet vulcan :D

yes you are correct ... and we are wrong.

we who have been living here for the past 9 and more years are wrong yet you who have just joined the forum know better.

you know better that bkk air has available flights in the new airport... (you know the one that was not yet opened last year)... and can handle more flights. which they are at thsi moment. today they had 6 more flights then they did the same day last year.

you know better then the Russian agency Tez tours who are recruiting staff because they expect 40% increase in Russian tourists on January.

and you know about world economy and its effect on samui because you are realy prof rubinni who just came to teach us about the economic trends effecting the travel industry..

you know better then every one.. you are the only one who knows and all of us are just in the dark.

I am truly sorry i have upset you.

So when i go out tonight and sit 20 minutes in traffic trying to get into chaweng. or not find parking from all motor bikes parked on every street and when i see all those partyes and clubs packed with people ... i will remind my self that i am dilusional and that you are the one who knows.. :D

you still do not get it...do you spock (yes, look at my earlier posts about the fact that this week would be "busy"...by this year's standards anyway....for the rest, all your businesses, all your land...etc...it is now spit) ...this is NOT the last years...this is NOW..**flame removed***