What Do Thai Woman Think?

sunreader

....when they see me holding my Thai wifes hand as we walk around?

I am 14 years older than her just a regular looking guy, but though she is 30 she looks 22, so some may think the age gap even bigger...

are they thinking bad thoughts/jealous thoughts?....or nothing at all?

I am concerned she has got dirty looks from some Thai woman....though am not sure why?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 14 years older than her just a regular looking guy, but though she is 30 she looks 22, so some may think the age gap even bigger...

I am concerned she has got dirty looks from some Thai woman....though am not sure why?

Some may be thinking "hooker", while others are just bitchy jealous.

First of all please stop reading the sun...your english will get really bad if you don't stop...joking joking...!

Jokes aside, (I hope you didn't take it badly, it's just that I find your name funny)

I am in a similar situation to yours. I am the old one and he's the young one. Plus he is a total non-smoker which doesn't help making him look older than he is.

The dirty looks are for a mix of reasons. Most farang men (even the one cruising along beach road in Pattaya) give me dirty looks. Some Thai ladies with farang boyfriends wonder what I am doing with a poor Thai and they don't seem to envy me at all but they seem quite intrigued by the match. All in all, when I don't bother people don't see me. When I am bothered everybody stares..

Not a big deal really. Just enjoy the looks and feel good about you and your woman being happy together.

Edited by Ave

Mmmm,seems my last post was missing some.......lol,Hey mate,the Thai women are thinking"Why is that not ME,hanging off that hot farang"???It is soooo true that MOST Thai women want a farang husband.Everywhere i go,Thai women come up to me and start a conversation,and eventually it gets to the question"ARE YOU MARRIED"?Uh,yeah,that is why the rings on my finger......And i am not the most attractive farang around,i can assure you!!But honestly,i think your wife is WAY to old for you,what with the amount of 80 year old men with hot young ladies hanging off them...Oh,wait,that's Pattaya.....LOL.But seriously,my wife is the same age as me,but at 4'11' and 45 kg,she looks like a teenager....Only with the maturity an older lady brings to a marriage.I say,who cares what anybody else thinks,life is great,hey!!!Good luck with your marriage,if you got a good one,and you look after her,she will be the greatest part of your life!! :o

According to my Thai cook, she thinks "dirty old man" if the man looks considerably older than the woman.

Sorry, but you did say you wanted a Thai woman's opinion, so I asked her.

NO NO NO,you lie...LOL They are thinking mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,i want him too!!I have never heard a Thai lady say bad things about an older farang/young girl couple,except in spite.Most are just jealous,and certainly feel they are "over the hill"as such.(I would like to clarify,i DON'T feel older woman are over the hill,or past it,and you can stop punching me now,honey..) :o

First of all please stop reading the sun...your english will get really bad if you don't stop...joking joking...!

First of all, please stop reading The Sun... Your English will become really bad if you don't... Joking, joking..!

You're welcome :o

According to my Thai cook, she thinks "dirty old man" if the man looks considerably older than the woman.

NO NO NO,you lie...LOL They are thinking mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,i want him too!!I have never heard a Thai lady say bad things about an older farang/young girl couple,except in spite.Most are just jealous,and certainly feel they are "over the hill"as such.(I would like to clarify,i DON'T feel older woman are over the hill,or past it,and you can stop punching me now,honey..) :o

Your first post was deleted because it wasn't a post at all, just a quote of a previous post. Please make sure to review your post before hitting the reply button. :D

As for the over the hill idea, our cook is 26. Not quite over the hill. And not interested in farang. In fact, I know many many Thai lwomen who are not interested in farang.

And finally, this is the Ladies forum, presumably the poster asked his question here because he wanted the opinion of Thai women.

Jokes aside, (I hope you didn't take it badly, it's just that I find your name funny)

I am in a similar situation to yours. I am the old one and he's the young one. Plus he is a total non-smoker which doesn't help making him look older than he is.

The dirty looks are for a mix of reasons. Most farang men (even the one cruising along beach road in Pattaya) give me dirty looks. Some Thai ladies with farang boyfriends wonder what I am doing with a poor Thai and they don't seem to envy me at all but they seem quite intrigued by the match. All in all, when I don't bother people don't see me. When I am bothered everybody stares..

Not a big deal really. Just enjoy the looks and feel good about you and your woman being happy together.

Hey,good post!! All my male friends up this way are police or government officials,and they are great.Being a Thai male doesn't seem to slow them down with the local girls or the tourists,and they are nice people,far more friendly to me then most farangs i have met in BKK(Sorry farangs in BKK,but it is just my opinion).Personally,i don't understand the bad attitude towards male Thai's,but maybe i don't see the one's that are "No good" as my wife puts it.But i must say"A NON smoker"?? There is actually Thai men that DON'T smoke??? WOW,you did well,if only my friends could give up the habit... :o Good luck to you and your relationship,i wish you the best.Life is just great in Thailand,land of the friendliest people in the world(I know this from my travels)!! :D

Your first post was deleted because it wasn't a post at all, just a quote of a previous post. Please make sure to review your post before hitting the reply button. :D

As for the over the hill idea, our cook is 26. Not quite over the hill. And not interested in farang. In fact, I know many many Thai lwomen who are not interested in farang.

And finally, this is the Ladies forum, presumably the poster asked his question here because he wanted the opinion of Thai women.

Sorry,i was not aware it was the ladies forum :D You can delete my posts...Its ok.

First of all, please stop reading The Sun... Your English will become really bad if you don't... Joking, joking..!

You're welcome :o

I'm every so sorry Professor...I didn't know I had to use capital letters..honestly..! Maybe that was deliberate..? Or maybe that's because I am a non-native of Eeeeenglish

My English is already very bad but I enjoy reading both The Sun and Daily Telegraph...hopefully the later will offset the formers effects!...thanks for your other comments I agree with you.

Some may be thinking "hooker", while others are just bitchy jealous

dont flatter yourself that people even notice.

most , i suspect , couldnt give a flying fukc about you(44) or your wife (30) as you walk around.

Oh but many do notice and if you think they don't you labour under a misaprehension indeed, I enjoy flattering myself but do it in different ways. My curiosity is aroused only by the odd condescending glance that she/I recieve, thus my post.

Thank's but I can never understand people who think because there is a considerable age difference this deems the relationship or individual to be 'dirty' as opposed to 'clean' presumably. It is a bizare western trait also to presume that because the elderly think of sex and find those younger than themselves to be attractive that this too is somehow 'dirty'.

While you may think its a Western trait, she is not western but Thai. And her opinion is that no younger woman would find an old man attractive when offered a younger choice.

As for me, well I can see why an older man would want a younger woman, but find it interesting that when the roles are reversed and the woman is older than the man, western men tend to come up with all sorts of demeaning and derogatory comments about the woman.

• 1 month later...

Some think she might be a hooker

Some are jealous of her due to thai's openion that farang are rich

For me... It depends on how much handsome you are 555. I might be jealous of her in case you are handsome "enough"

Edited by AKC

• 2 months later...

I am Thai married an English gentleman and living in the UK at the moment. Farangs seem always get attention everywhere they appear in Thailand especially in country side. Women see a farang walking with a Thai lady, first thing in their mind they are thinking the woman possibly be or used to be a bar girl, a bit look down feeling on the woman, plus a bit of jealousy, that's all they can do.

I don't care what they think, I was a teacher before I met my husband and even if the woman was working at bar before doesn't mean she's bad person, she could meet good guy, marries, settles down, has good family, being a good wife and a good mother.

14 years isn't that much difference! That's exactly the age difference between my grandparents in the UK. He was 42 when he married his wife of 28 years. He live for 7 years after she passed away. I don't know your or your wife's background Sunreader......but I think that Thais and Westerners will be able to spot if it's a farang bar-girl thing or not. Sorry if that sounds snobby. Anyway, everybody deserves a chance or a second chance and at the end of the day.....as long as the couple are happy together it shouldn't really matter should it. Good luck to you but can't you change your name? :o

It depends on what you look like as a couple to be honest. If you are fat, bald, have a comb-over, and are wearing 3/4 length pants and a brown t-shirt, and your girlfriend is wearing illuminous pink hello kitty clothes and a skirt which could be mistaken for a belt, then yes I can imagine you would look like a sad old man with a hooker.

However, if you are both dressed smartly and you are healthy, then you will probably look like a good couple and people will be thinking you both have got it sorted.

Also note: you can usually spot a happy couple a mile off because they are few and far between, next time you are out, look for yourself, look at the Thai ladies with the older men, they look uninterested, bored as fuc_k and have a face like a slapped arse.

Edited by scottyd

It depends on what you look like as a couple to be honest. If you are fat, bald, have a comb-over, and are wearing 3/4 length pants and a brown t-shirt, and your girlfriend is wearing illuminous pink hello kitty clothes and a skirt which could be mistaken for a belt, then yes I can imagine you would look like a sad old man with a hooker.

However, if you are both dressed smartly and you are healthy, then you will probably look like a good couple and people will be thinking you both have got it sorted.

Also note: you can usually spot a happy couple a mile off because they are few and far between, next time you are out, look for yourself, look at the Thai ladies with the older men, they look uninterested, bored as fuc_k and have a face like a slapped arse.

:D:D Absolutely beautiful! :D:D:o

AGREE!

AGREE!

Best description I've seen yet, but the male never sees it. He's either in front of her on a motorbike or in front of her whilst out walking about! :wai:

I'd also noticed that once she moves in, he persuades the woman to change her attire to something less obvious than the 'belt' and plunging top! Sometimes it works and she still looks attractive, but less like a hooker. However, most of the time they can't quite get it right and it still shines through! :P

I'd also noticed that once she moves in, he persuades the woman to change her attire to something less obvious than the 'belt' and plunging top! Sometimes it works and she still looks attractive, but less like a hooker. However, most of the time they can't quite get it right and it still shines through!

You can take a lady out from the bar but never take out the bar from the lady.

I'd also noticed that once she moves in, he persuades the woman to change her attire to something less obvious than the 'belt' and plunging top! Sometimes it works and she still looks attractive, but less like a hooker. However, most of the time they can't quite get it right and it still shines through!

You can take a lady out from the bar but never take out the bar from the lady.

PRECISELY! :o

I dont' think that is entirely fair, she may like dressing that way. I personally don't like the way women are slated this way, ok it does create an impression if a couple looks/dresses a certain way but I find the actions & they way the couple conduct themselves speaks volumes.

I have seen what would look like your typical bg/paying bf type couples out & about but they looked like they really liked each other & enjoyed each others company, they didn't act brash or rude & nothing apart from the style of clothes, would have made them look anything than a normal couple but I have also seen the opposite spectrum, where the girl looked bored or even disgusted with her date & the guy looked like he couldn't care less how she felt as long as she did her job & spoke to her like crap & this kind were not always dressed in the stereotypical outfits either.

It takes all sorts but I think it is down to individuals, how they look, dress, act, their comparative images etc & who is doing the looking. Some of the nicest & most straightforward thai women I ever met were bg's. :o

I think its also down to the contrast Boo, rather than just what the girl or guy is wearing. If a girl is dressed up and a guy is wearing a singha singlet and basically looks like he takes no care in what he is wearing, it provides a stark contrast (especially if you add to that age and body size). Ive seen some girls dress sexy but tasteful, sometimes a little on the risky side, but I wouldnt assume anything about her. It does however looks strange to see that sexy pretty girl hang off the arm of a man who looks like he hasnt had a bath in a week.

I agree totally that often its how they conduct themselves too.

When it comes down to it though, i really dont care too much, I really just care about general good manners.

I dont' think that is entirely fair, she may like dressing that way. I personally don't like the way women are slated this way, ok it does create an impression if a couple looks/dresses a certain way but I find the actions & they way the couple conduct themselves speaks volumes.

I have seen what would look like your typical bg/paying bf type couples out & about but they looked like they really liked each other & enjoyed each others company, they didn't act brash or rude & nothing apart from the style of clothes, would have made them look anything than a normal couple but I have also seen the opposite spectrum, where the girl looked bored or even disgusted with her date & the guy looked like he couldn't care less how she felt as long as she did her job & spoke to her like crap & this kind were not always dressed in the stereotypical outfits either.

It takes all sorts but I think it is down to individuals, how they look, dress, act, their comparative images etc & who is doing the looking. Some of the nicest & most straightforward thai women I ever met were bg's. :o

I'm sure you don't think it's entirely fair, unfortunately it's horribly accurate! Here on Phuket I see it all the time.

I know you can't bear to think that this country is anything other than wonderful, but there's a LOT of Thai women who want nothing but money and Western men who are desperate enough to provide it!

All this reminds me of this guy that went fishing with my husband years ago. Dreads up on his head like a pineapple, pierced, tattooed and just generally looking like your sad stereotypical Koh Phangan hippie. Well, he was a successful software programmer and was a genuinely lovely guy with the most beautiful manners you could imagine. I contrasted that with the well dressed polite looking young middle class English guy who was the rudest sob I have met in years who had never held down a full time job.

I know you can't bear to think that this country is anything other than wonderful,

Really, where have I ever said that? Please try not to presume as much about me as you clearly have about others just by what they look like. :o