this would save me going all the way to vientiane,

would appreciate any help.

hi.

i'm in chiang rai province,i must do a visa run soon,

does anybody know if i can get a thai visa in luang prabang,

i know there's no embassy but is there a travel agent that does thai visas,

No can do, but enjoy LP anyway, interesting place, I lived there in another life time.... Vientiane, too, it's OK.

FYI, might be less expensive for you, if that's a concern, to head down to C. Mai, fly over domestic to Udorn, then head up to Nong Khai and Vientiane from there. Not as interesting, I must say, but....

Mac

Unfortunately there are no longer any Chiang Mai - Udon flights.

hi.

i'm in chiang rai province,i must do a visa run soon,

does anybody know if i can get a thai visa in luang prabang,

i know there's no embassy but is there a travel agent that does thai visas,

No can do, but enjoy LP anyway, interesting place, I lived there in another life time.... Vientiane, too, it's OK.

FYI, might be less expensive for you, if that's a concern, to head down to C. Mai, fly over domestic to Udorn, then head up to Nong Khai and Vientiane from there. Not as interesting, I must say, but....

Mac

Only Embassies or Consulates can issue visas.

You will need to go to Vientianne.

slight clarification: you will also need to go to the Thai consulate yourself. they do not allow agents. even if you meet a would-be agent, do not risk it. even the visa tour groups drag all their people to the consulate.

When I went to Laos in April there was a person in front of me holding around a dozen application She left the line and came back a few minutes later with someone from the embassy who opened a second line with her at the front. The people with her did not have to wait in line but they did have to go to the desk when she called them.

Lots of travel agents arrange visas for their clients here in Thailand. Hard to believe there are none in Laos.

When I went to Laos in April there was a person in front of me holding around a dozen application She left the line and came back a few minutes later with someone from the embassy who opened a second line with her at the front. The people with her did not have to wait in line but they did have to go to the desk when she called them.

Lots of travel agents arrange visas for their clients here in Thailand. Hard to believe there are none in Laos.[/quote

this is where i got the idea of using an agent,i saw one with about 20 passports in the vientiane embassy,

but cannot find a travel agent advertising it on the net.

some thing tells me it's too easy,if this was the case i could use a travel agent in huay sai,

and wait for my passport to go to vientiane on the plane,

thanks for the help but i'm still in the dark

• 4 months later...