Work Visa/permit For Uk

Has anyone had any experiencing of obtaining a work visa for a Thai to work in the UK. If so, please could you advise how long it took and if it was straightfoward or if there were any difficulties.

I've done a search but there doesn't seem to be anything on this topic so perhaps nobody's done it before.

Many thanks

Thai citizens can and have obtained work permits for the UK, but it depends on the type of job. Basically, the applicant has to be sponsered by an employer and that employer has to show that they cannot fill the vacancy from within the EU. There is also the new points based system.

See Working in the UK.

Thai citizens can and have obtained work permits for the UK, but it depends on the type of job. Basically, the applicant has to be sponsered by an employer and that employer has to show that they cannot fill the vacancy from within the EU. There is also the new points based system.

See Working in the UK.

Thanks for the info. I'd actually read up on that already but I wanted to know from experience how difficult it was (rather than the procedure) and also how long it takes.

Thanks