Wedding Cancelled: Should She Return The Gold?

MeeFun

I have never understood people that want to get gifts back after the relationship is over! If you give away a gift you do it out of kindness, love or affection and you GIVE IT AWAY! How can you even ever consider asking gifts back in retrospective?

• 2 months later...

I'll be "Mr. Negative"on this one...

Does she really have a bank job and has she really got a promotion or was she really just trying to get the gold and then call it off ?

I am certainly no expert but if it were me and the gold had been given as a pre-wedding gift like an engagement ring, then she should give it back or at least ask for it back, but if it was just a gift throughout your relationship together, then I'm with the others who say that you should let her keep it.

I feel bad for you too. Welcome to Thailand. Was your marriage contingient on going to the states? Giving the Song Mun gold for an engagement that she backs out of is nothing to them. It can be a job. repeating as many times as possible makes a good living. Has anyone done this and not understood after? There is a book on the possible responses from crying at your not understanding their problem, their honorable culture, or if you don't go away, being told you are just plain stupid (sorry, I've seen it). Been there. Done that. Try the bar girl to get what you want for as long as you want with them leaving, or being realistic , spend time with someone who has already lived more than twenty years and has her own life and house. Share time, expenses, and experience. Worked(s) for me.