Tourist Police?

Dirk_brijs

Tried to contact the Tourist Police at around 3am for some issues I will not enclose here but were seriuos enough for me to call them.

They have 3 numbers posted 1155 and 2 local numbers. On none of them anyone answered?

Wonder what if something serious occurs and you are in need of help as a foreigner what to do just sit and wait and die slowly till morning comes?

Why post an emergency number if nobody mans it 24/7 or is Tourist Police only there to entertain in Walking Street with 5 patrol cars and their 20 man strong?

Very dissapointed.

maybe there's a business there. private security and emergency response service. you call, tell what the deal is (being robbed, stabbed, dying or whatever) and before they respond they give you a quote!

as crazy as it sounds, it's viable and it's how the old fire services used to work basically. they only saved houses that had paid the fee.

The latest edition of Pattaya Trader lists the following numbers:

Tourist Police: 1155; 038-425-937

Pattaya Police Station: 038-420-802(-5)

Jomtien Police Station: 038-232-330(-1)

Banglamung Police Station: 038-221-800(-1)

it shouldbe 1155 yes that 1337 is some sort of tourist information center nothing to do with law enforcment though on the other hand not sure if 1155 has anything to do with it????

Not sure if 191 has anything to do with Law enforcement either... :o:D

I wouldnt bother myself, but have a Thai person call for me.

PS hope your problem got resolved nicely

well in the UK you always get through but you will never get to see the police for a good 24 hours though as there are far more serious things going on apparently, so i'm not sure which is worse no one answering or someone answering but being able to do <deleted> all. :o

It's not just a farang thing. A Thai friend of mine recently was unable to contact the Chiang Mai police on any number. She was being threatened with death by a crazy person who had assaulted her and was waiting outside her office. She was oretty angry, but accepted it as the nature of police service in Thailand.

That said, sometimes they do their job great........

I once needed an ambulance for a friend who needed to be rushed to the hospital. 191 ect could not help us, so we had to call directly to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for them to send an ambulance. Maybe a good idea to have the phone number of a hospital in your phone for emergencies when someone needs to get to the hospital.

The latest edition of Pattaya Trader lists the following numbers:

Tourist Police: 1155; 038-425-937

Pattaya Police Station: 038-420-802(-5)

Jomtien Police Station: 038-232-330(-1)

Banglamung Police Station: 038-221-800(-1)

The TP (on the hill) gave me a number once: 038-429371.

I tried to phone 1155 some time ago, and got connected to the TP in Bangkok. They speak hardly any English and do their best to make clear that they have nothing to do with Pattaya.