If You Got Kicked Out?

Jockstar

When iwas back in the Uk for 6 months i was working between 60-90 hours a week. But then i was a money grabbing bastad. It was to pay off my credit card debt. So that i could come back here. I made loads of money but alot went to the cc. Though when i left, i still had a nice tidy sum.

But its all gone now! :o

You Frivolous wastrel you...... :D:D:D

I had a great time though. Travelling Thailand, Oz, Nz and back to Thailand. Bought things i needed. Camera, pc etc. Enjoy it while you can. You cant take it with you.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[. Problem is, so many people in the UK are obsessed with earning as much as possible (and more often than not, have to) and consequently giving up so much of their time.

Try and buy anything bigger than a rabbit hutch/dog kennel for under a quarter of a Mil.£ and No Wonder :D

Talking to a guy this morning on the train coming into work who was complaining that his annual railway/bus Tic goes up next week and since he is already paying just under £5k a year :D he is a bit :D:D (about 380,000Bts....busfares)

Fortunately he bought his budgie cage about 15 years ago cheap at £180K so when he dies he will be OK.

Found a good pub the other night with booze at under £3 a pint :D:o

[. Problem is, so many people in the UK are obsessed with earning as much as possible (and more often than not, have to) and consequently giving up so much of their time.

Try and buy anything bigger than a rabbit hutch/dog kennel for under a quarter of a Mil.£ and No Wonder :D

Talking to a guy this morning on the train coming into work who was complaining that his annual railway/bus Tic goes up next week and since he is already paying just under £5k a year :D he is a bit :D:D (about 380,000Bts....busfares)

Fortunately he bought his budgie cage about 15 years ago cheap at £180K so when he dies he will be OK.

Found a good pub the other night with booze at under £3 a pint :D:o

Theres a pub in Acton(W london) where you can still get a pint for about 1.60.

Wetherspoons pubs are all cheap...ish and look tidy to boot. Last time I was home I was paying £1.39 a Guinness in the week and £1.89 on weekends. Average price in los works out more than £2 and is crappy Malaysian stuff I'm sure.

Wetherspoons pubs are all cheap...ish and look tidy to boot. Last time I was home I was paying £1.39 a Guinness in the week and £1.89 on weekends. Average price in los works out more than £2 and is crappy Malaysian stuff I'm sure.

You can get a pint for 99p in the Wetherspoons pubs. But i wouldn't drink it. Its ok for the alkies. My mate used to work in one of those in Acton. Every day if you went in there you saw the same faces. The old alkies used to shout each other beers each day. Living of each others giros.

I am in Malaysia now, KL, got to say that I hate the place. There seems to be tension here between the Chinese and the Indians. Chinese seem to have most of the money and the Indians are in the low paid jobs, thats my general view. Only the other day I saw two Indian guys smash up a Chinese womans car with a crow bar in the middle of a housing estate at 9 a.m. ! :o

Cambodia, good for a holiday but the infrastructure just aint there at the moment, PP is OK for a laugh but I could not imagine living there, spent a month last time and was relieved to get back to civilised Thailand. Siam Reap, nice again but if I had to stay there in the the long term I think I may die of boredom.

If I was kicked out of Thailand I would probably go to Holland, nice people with liberal attitudes (generalising again!). If I were to stay in this part of the world and was financially secure I would probably hang out in Laos near the Mai nam kong as my home in Thailand isnt far away and I reckon I could skip in and out if I wanted.

oh...you know...wherever the wind blows, so long as there is a good moneymaker and security for me and the wife (and other thai ladies for the wife to hang out with).

one has to be flexible, I suppose...

my mates have said 'when are you coming back home (California)?' I said no time soon...political correctness, health fascism and no smoking in bars are some of the major reasons...

Istambul would be nice...

oh...you know...wherever the wind blows, so long as there is a good moneymaker and security for me and the wife (and other thai ladies for the wife to hang out with).

one has to be flexible, I suppose...

my mates have said 'when are you coming back home (California)?' I said no time soon...political correctness, health fascism and no smoking in bars are some of the major reasons...

Istambul would be nice...

How does a massage parlour in Accra sound tuts? I hear there's quite a little collection of Thai ladies over there these days and I'm sure you could get a job no probs as manager of one of those establishments, but maybe the Turkish baths by the Bosphorous beckon stronger?. :D

Nah, take that back and apologies, the food's crap out there and all, so I'm told. Can't beat home down on the range in Nakhon Sawan/nowhere/wherever in LOS as far as I'm concerned, so long as one doesn't have to graft for a living. Well, at least too hard, anyroad.

SriLanka would've been quite nice for an alternative option, til the surf came up and kind of dampened the enthusiasm.Was there 5 years ago for the Millenium (Galle Fort) and rated the place quite highly. Wonder what it looks like now? :D

Have a Happy New Year mate, and keep the pithy comments comin' in 05/48. :o

plachon, me old fish...tutsi is not a pimp or a brothel entrepenuer but I take your point...Accra could have some interesting possibilities. I was offered a job commissioning a power station near there back in 1997. Someone said to go to Sutton Bridge in Lincolnshire instead...twice the money and they offered roast lunch in the canteen on Sundays.

Later in Abu Dhai I met a dude that worked on the Ghana job. He got malaria...

Have a good one!

No, Boon...like in the Cicek Pasaji, a mews of wonderful restaurants and bars near Taksim Square...places full of locals eating and drinking and that jump up and dance all together when the zither strikes up a tune that everyone likes, which is often...

I chose to ignore your otherwise ill disguised implication...

Happy New Year

No, Boon...like in the Cicek Pasaji, a mews of wonderful restaurants and bars near Taksim Square...places full of locals eating and drinking and that jump up and dance all together when the zither strikes up a tune that everyone likes, which is often...

I chose to ignore your otherwise ill disguised implication...

Happy New Year

What ill-disguised implication? :o

Happy prosperous New Years to yourself & your wife, Tutsi! :D

Handbags at dawn gents.  Didn't the Hutu's and Tutsi's do each other in in not such a tolerent way?

If you think that little interchange constitutes "handbags at dawn" you should have seen the "discussions" we've had in the past! :o

• 4 months later...

I would go to the Panajachel, Atitlan Lake in Guatemala, open up a little bar there; get bands in from all over the world, and generally just run a successful, popular, lively friendly establishment with four friends, from Chile, El Salvador, France, Brazil, and myself, the English.

That's what I would do. :o

:D

:D

Oh wait, that IS what I'm doing heh!! :D :D

Edited by kayo

If kicked out of LOS, I would move immediately to the Mayfair neighborhood in London and spend all my time convincing the Brits of how wonderful, open-minded, peaceful, worldy and smart the American people are!

If kicked out of LOS, I would move immediately to the Mayfair neighborhood in London and spend all my time convincing the Brits of how wonderful, open-minded, peaceful, worldy and smart the American people are!

You speak Arabic and Russian, then?

Fluently enough to talk to all the foreign magnates that live in Mayfair.

You speak Arabic and Russian, then?

It wouldn't matter how bilingual you are, you would be wasting your time. Unfortunately (or do I mean fortunately) the Americans have lost their ability to bulls##t the world, it just don't wash any more. Nice while it lasted though no doubt.

T.

Most assuredly, I'd head for Cambodia. The Philippines would have been my 2nd choice up until everything there got so crazy.

All 3 countries are great choices for those living on a fixed retirement income.

Ken Bower

San Antonio Texas (for 137 more days), then Chiayaphum Thailand for good

Ok. If you got kicked out of LOS tomorrow. Where would you go and what would you do?

Would it be back to your home country or maybe somewhere else in Asia?

Personally i'd go to Oz as i got residence there. No way would i go back to the Uk. But i at least i a have choice. so what about the rest of you? I'd have to go back toi being a sparky for at least a while. I would miss my life and teaching job here. It will probably never happen to most of us. But just a thought.

Jockstar, where do you get your avatars... not sure which is worse, this one or the guy punching his teddy bear?

Kidding. :D

I am English and do not live in Thailand, but am married to a Thai woman. We are thinking of moving there in the future, 5 years or so. I have thought of alternatives... and the UK is definitely NOT one of them. I lived in Turkey for three years before coming to Greece. It is practically as cheap in Turkey as it is in Thailand and a great country with great people. Also right now, possibly one of the best places to 'invest' in as I am sure they will get inot Europe within a few years... then the prices will rocket.

Turkey is a poor country like Thailand and some beautiful women there... The food is as good as it gets in any country I've been to. If you have a little money a great life can be had there and the crime rate is minimal, due to the harsh sentances for criminals and the not so nice prison conditions. It is a country I feel 'safe' in.

Maybe I should get a job there in the tourist industry :o

I think all of us staying in Thailand should hurry fly down to join you........lol

Ok. If you got kicked out of LOS tomorrow. Where would you go and what would you do?

Would it be back to your home country or maybe somewhere else in Asia?

Personally i'd go to Oz as i got residence there. No way would i go back to the Uk. But i at least i a have choice. so what about the rest of you? I'd have to go back toi being a sparky for at least a while. I would miss my life and teaching job here. It will probably never happen to most of us. But just a thought.

I think all of us staying in Thailand should hurry fly down to join you........lol

How about Maldives, Waikiki , Gold Coast ??? :o

Sorry to blow the old trumpet towards the UK, butttttt, I would go back to Keswick, The Lakes, England to my dads cottage and mountain bike the rest of my days away in a cool mountain bike friendly climate!

I live in the Uk and Thailand so my passion for both countries is strong. I never forget my Thai girlfriend or family, but I also never forget the green fields of England.

However thats not going to happen hopefully... :o

Edited by lopburiguy