Urgent - Question About Adoption In Thailand

maxelchey

Hello,

My neighbor are supporting their 6 months old grandson, they are an old couple and are living very poorly, she is willing unfortunately to offer her grand son for adoption in hope of a better life for him,

Her daughter is a working girl and has disappeared since she went to Phuket, without sending money nore giving or asking any news, the father was an Italian tourist and never recognised the child, probably doesn't even know he has one now,

I know it is a critical situation and lot of children are in need and are waiting for adoption, but is there an organism where we can ask for offical advices on that matter, be it in Thailand or international, I would like to see the kid find a better life without having to go through the sad path of being an orphan. So far other neighbors and I are helping them with food and care but it's not enough to offer him a decent life and the love he needs and deserves.

Thank you

Max

Contact Social services, they have the local knowledge and facilities to deal with this, however please be aware that there are hundreds if not thousands in this situation so the response night not be what you want to hear. Like wise there are a number of childrens homes around where the child could be potentially placed.

One of our members was looking for a half thai/farang child to adopt & posted in the family section.

Have a look through the posts there as there was a lot of info on hw to adopt a child & numbers to contact.