No Deliveries - Where Has The International Mail Gone?

1Lucky

I haven't received international mail ever since the airport protests began - I've been waiting for some important deliveries for weeks. Am I just unlucky or is noone receiving standard international mail at the moment? When are proper deliveries expected to resume? In case location is relevant I live in Bangkok - near Asoke.

Lucky

I received an air mail letter from Hong Kong a couple of days ago that was post marked 24th November.

So it seems to be slowly getting through, but I live 15kms East of Pattaya - Bangkok should be quicker.

For sending packages I have had all package sent to Australia go through successfully.

But all packages for the US have not arrived and are still marked as at Suvarnabhumi mail center in the tracking system.

Maybe the US has some kind of security control which is not allowing packages through yet, until the airport is properly inspected?

Posted Christmas cards to friends and family in Australia the DAY BEFORE the airport closures. These were successfully delivered yesterday. However, still waiting for a registered package from Australia posted nearly a week before the airport closures. Maybe outgoing mail is being cleared more quickly than incoming articles/mail.

You are lucky. My friend sent me 2 limited edition prints in August and I was sent a limited edition book in October. Both are still in the wind!!! I think I have seen the last of them. Tracking said they left the country then Pooof!!
The only time i waited just over 3 months for something was when it was sent accidently surface by the sender, came by canoe apparantly !

Had a UPS parcel delivered 2 days after the airports were vacated
Yes the major carriers werent affected, and during airport closure i sent an 80 kilo lot with TNT that went via singapore to the UK and it arrived in 4 days,.brilliant when you consider the first day and a half were by road,. EMS on the other hand was stockpiled locally til it was over :o

I received a letter last week, sent from the UK September 6th!

My son received a birthday-card on 20th November, sent airmail from the UK on 15th February, for his birthday in early-March. Thank-God it wasn't sent surface-mail ! :o

Must be PAD's fault!

I sent two gift cards (w/photos inside) and a gift calendar from the regular post office

about 15th NOV. Nothing ever arrived. It's all "gone missing." I will never use the

Thai postal system again. Only Fedex, UPS, or DHL. Absolutely deplorable system. :o

I got two air mail letters from the USA in recent days, no obvious delays. I live near the airport, so maybe the postal service just throws them out of the airplane as it lands.

I get a monthly newsletter by airmail from the US. Late last week I got the newsletter from November. Yesterday I got the newsletter from October. But that's up here in Nong Bualamphu, so it's a bit farther from the airfield.

Still waiting on some important mail from Oz that was posted a week to ten days before the airport occupation.

(I still can't believe that such a damaging activity was allowed to take place :o ).

seems almost back to normal, ive had most of my backlog, some still show left country of origin then NOTHING !

Normal being the "black holes" enveloping (heh :D ) some of the mail ?

Edited by sylviex