Bike Like Cbr With <125cc

surgunn

hi there,

I want to learn which bikes are present in the same type with honda-CBR, but with an engine less than 125cc.

I cannot buy cbr-150 because my family donot allow me. but maybe if I find one with less cc, they might allow me.

if you know, please write the name, cc, and price.

thanks

TCBR is right, you really are more secure on a CBR. A lot more substantial and stable than the soi-hopper extrordinaire bikes everyone hounds after here.

However is there not a CBR-esque Honda NSR model that comes in at 125cc?

They are 2 stroke but are quick.

Weird, many of the older 125cc two strokes are faster then the CBR 150!

I have a Honda Nova 125, and flat out it'll run 170 km/h (with a bit of patience).

A CBR 150 can still outrace me on normal roads due to better roadholding and much better brakes!

I believe that it it is less about the engine displacement, and more about the looks of the CBR 150R. If you read (in Thai the brochure it would scare the hel_l out of any parent..) The CBR 150R is marketed as a powerful sportbike.... and we all know it is hardly a real sportbike. As a Tiger Boxer 200 R, which is market more as a all-round bike and it can keep up with the CBR-150R near halve the throttle open.

Still if you look at the brochure it seriously look less aggressive ... And attracts people who see the benefit of the natural riding position with a engine which needs less rpms to perform.

i dont know which one is more powerful or fast, the rule is it cannot be over 100-125cc. I don't know why.

so according to this, I want to buy a bike that looks like cbr, cuz I love cbr, but i cannot buy.

maybe NSR is a good alternative, but most of them are too old I think?

and what is honda nova? I know yamaha nouvo..??

First the Honda Nova is the sub sport bike series of Honda Thailand, with being the Honda Nova Sonic 125 being the latest, we had previous rearginations as Honda Nova Dash 125cc.

Currently the operational cost for one or two years will running a 2-stroke Honda Nova Dash 124cc will be pretty high, with the exportation that you cannot sell your two-stroke to anybody else in 6 months... AS you cannot change the register for a 2-stroke.

i dont know which one is more powerful or fast, the rule is it cannot be over 100-125cc. I don't know why.

so according to this, I want to buy a bike that looks like cbr, cuz I love cbr, but i cannot buy.

maybe NSR is a good alternative, but most of them are too old I think?

and what is honda nova? I know yamaha nouvo..??

A Honda Nova Dash was a two-stroke version of the Honda Sonic (overly simplified, but you get the general drift).

Up in Nakhon Sawan you can't drive 15 minutes without seeing one.

dash.jpg

Goes like stink at a wedding when it finally gets into its powerband.

**edit**

put up the correct picture.

Edited by dave_boo

hi there,

I want to learn which bikes are present in the same type with honda-CBR, but with an engine less than 125cc.

I cannot buy cbr-150 because my family donot allow me. but maybe if I find one with less cc, they might allow me.

if you know, please write the name, cc, and price.

thanks

Are you old enough to buy a bike? Family won't allow you?

Respect your parents wishes and concerns and get a Fino and a good helmet, for safety's sake. A Fino will still impress the chicks. When you are older you can get whatever bike you want.

Why are you guys encouraging this young kid to buy souped up 2-strokes? Don't indulge him. Think about his parents concerns, maybe they are justified.

First the Honda Nova is the sub sport bike series of Honda Thailand, with being the Honda Nova Sonic 125 being the latest, we had previous rearginations as Honda Nova Dash 125cc.

Currently the operational cost for one or two years will running a 2-stroke Honda Nova Dash 124cc will be pretty high, with the exportation that you cannot sell your two-stroke to anybody else in 6 months... AS you cannot change the register for a 2-stroke.

Is that expectation ??

Or do you have some firm info on that ?? Of course Thailand being Thailand firm = maybe, etc..

I'm pretty sure you can change the registered name on a two stroke bike.

You cannot get a new registration for one, but older ones can change hands without problems!

Just changed registration on a Nova Dash 125 2-stroke without a problem at Pattaya Vehicle Department!

Goes like stink at a wedding when it finally gets into its powerband.

Definitely! These buggers are fast, and actually the power comes on relatively smooth due to the power valve increasing torque at lower revs. Unlike the older 2-strokes where absolutely bugger all happened under 6000 rpm :o

They also go through the petrol and 2-stroke oil like there's no tomorrow. Economic they ain't!

Used to have an old Yamaha RD 350, the old air-cooled model. Interesting things happened when that one hit the powerband :D

740484886017b8b51738349990a722e078c295f7d400cba4e04fb390.jpg

Looked like a slowish cruiser but could bite you seriously in the back end, including inadvertent and uncontrollable 1st gear wheelies :D

Respect your parents wishes and concerns and get a Fino and a good helmet, for safety's sake. A Fino will still impress the chicks. When you are older you can get whatever bike you want.

Why are you guys encouraging this young kid to buy souped up 2-strokes? Don't indulge him. Think about his parents concerns, maybe they are justified.

I'm encouraging a two-stroke because it is cheaper than a Fino. And while some may forget their teenage years, the need for speed burns brightly. Considering that you can get a cheap Nova Dash and spend less getting it to a point that would smoke all those Finos out there and look better doing it.

Furthermore, why do you assume that a teenager on a Fino will be safer than the same teen on a two-stroke? Seeing the death traps that the locals make out of those Finos, don't see how our suggestions would be any worst....

In all respect of of you Peaceblondie, the Tiger Joker is a few years out of production. And as you are a Honda fan, would you like to know how many people around the world complain about several design failures of the top seller the Honda Wave, of course we have to see this in percentage, as Tiger sells much less motorcycles then Honda (outside Thailand). Anyway, it seems that more people complain about Honda then they do to no-name brand Tiger.

Also if Tiger sucks so much, why for two years now in a row no Japanese brand can beat them in the Philippine motorcycle brand Grand Prix... The Tiger is now holding the Grand Prix title for 2 years, with 2 Yamaha X-1R's on the second and third position ... And it is not just one race, for the last 12 months Yamaha or any other Japanese brand did not win any number of importance's of races last year to come even close in points... (And this are factory teams, so it is not some dek dek privateer outfit).

In all respect of of you Peaceblondie, the Tiger Joker is a few years out of production. And as you are a Honda fan, would you like to know how many people around the world complain about several design failures of the top seller the Honda Wave, of course we have to see this in percentage, as Tiger sells much less motorcycles then Honda (outside Thailand). Anyway, it seems that more people complain about Honda then they do to no-name brand Tiger.

Also if Tiger sucks so much, why for two years now in a row no Japanese brand can beat them in the Philippine motorcycle brand Grand Prix... The Tiger is now holding the Grand Prix title for 2 years, with 2 Yamaha X-1R's on the second and third position ... And it is not just one race, for the last 12 months Yamaha or any other Japanese brand did not win any number of importance's of races last year to come even close in points... (And this are factory teams, so it is not some dek dek privateer outfit).

As you pointed out; there's a far greater number of Honda motorbikes sold in the Kingdom then Tiger can have wet dreams about. For instance, Honda's 2008 business report states "Reviewing sales by country, in Thailand, although sales of the Wave series were favorable, sales of existing models weakened. As a result, Honda's unit sales in Thailand declined 8.2% from the previous fiscal year, to 1,286,000 units." Seeing as how that's nearly 10% of Honda's global sales, I'm sure that the percentage of complaints is MUCH smaller than the percentage that is directed toward Tiger's motorbikes.

As far as the racing series goes; have no clue beyond what a quick google search yielded; but according to this webpage, Tiger placed 1st (and that was after a technical infraction resulted to the disqualification of Anthony Roman and James Barcial) and 13th in the "Shell Advance Junior's Trophy" along with a DNF. In the Castrol Power1 115 Grand Prix they could muster nothing better than an 8th and 11th. It's even worst in the 130 bracket where they only were able to earn a DNF. It's also interesting that there is NO Honda (with the exception of some privately ran Wave) listed on that page. Do you know why? Also, why in the table I've included is there only ONE real manufacturer listed (Granted there are the Mickey Mouse ones like Motorstar and MCX which doesn't even have a website) as being a factory team when you assert that "(And this are factory teams, so it is not some dek dek privateer outfit)"? And yet if you go to the brackets where there are other real factory teams competing against Tiger they don't do so well.

Finish Rider

Team

Machine

1 Victor Laude

Tiger

Tiger Matrix

2 Tracy Gaddi

SonicBoom Motorsports

Yamaha X-1

3 Randall Ylagan

SK-Norkis

Yamaha X-1

4 John Philip Panopio

SK-Norkis

Yamaha X-1

5 John Allen Mendez

SK-Norkis

Yam. Crypton Z

6 Nicolo Ramos

Roadmaster Olympus

Yamaha X-1

7 James Aldrin Mendez

SK-Norkis

Yam.Crypton Z

8 Jeffrey Teopengco

Team MCX Racing

MCX Raine S

9 Luisito Dacut

Petron Sprint - Pimp My Bike

Yamaha X-1

10 Marvin Mangulabnan

ART-Tres Scooter Cyclone

Yamaha X-1

11 John Cloyde Pilapil

Sonic Boom Motorsports

Yamaha X-1

12 Jerson Arellano

MCX Racing

MCX Raine S

13 Basil Aljahmani

Aljahmani Racing

Tiger Matrix

14 Alvin Oribiana

Motorstar

Motorstar Sapphire

15 Mokoy Ancheta

Ancheta Racing

Wave

DNF Michael Mark Medina

Tiger

Tiger Matrix

DQ Anthony Roman

Yamaha

Yamaha X-1

DQ James Barcial

Yamaha-Revzone-Dudshop

Yamaha X-1

My reference to Tiger was in response to the CBR150 brochure, which advertises it as if it is a race bike, in comparison to the two-baht Tiger brochure I had picked up over the weekend. I have no idea what they race in the Philippines.

This OP appears to live in SaiMai, has been hunting a bike to replace his JRD125 since October, really loves CBR150, etc Did not even know how to shift gears. Maybe he knows now. He has to have no more than 125cc. I suggest a used Sonic 125. Racy without looking like a Grand Prix contender.

The stripped down modded Sonics I see racing around Bangkok look pretty fun, nimble and speedy for only 125cc

If the OP's parents were really concerned about safety they'd get him a Phantom or a Boss. Quite impossible to do anything reckless on those types of overweight underpowered cruiser-style bikes.

I'm trying to work out how much more damaging the 17hp CBR can be over the 14hp, 125??? Really out of the thousands of people killed & injured each year riding motorcycles in thailand, how many of them were riding bikes 125cc or smaller???? Perhaps the OP's parents should be more focused on looking at the safety aspects of the motorcycle to be purchased & or looking for some type of formal defensive rider training courses for their son, as well as ensuring he is wearing the correct safety gear whilst riding?? sorry, just my two satangs worth.

yeah, he is right, I LOVE CBR.

even now, I cannot keep my eyes off..

but I cannot buy..

while looking for cbr, shop owners offered me sonic as well, but what is the similarity between a sonic and cbr, I did not understand.

they are all different.

sonic is very ugly, compared to CBR..

and yes, he is right that I have been looking for cbr for months.. and I do not know how to shift gears..

but which person knows it without using? did you know it already when you were born :o no, you learned it right?

so what is the problem? why is that kidding?

anyway, thanks for help, but I think NSR-125 is the closest one to my lovely cbr :D

Not let sales figures fool you ...Honda sold in Thailand in 2008 about 8,000 Honda CBR 150R motorcycles, this means that the Tiger Boxer 200R beats Honda CBR 150R sales for a second year, with more close to 25,000 Tiger Boxer's sold in 2008 I can understand why....Honda seen a decline in sells in other models other then the Honda Wave...Source given by Dave_Boo Other the the ever going to sell and exported Honda Wave APHonda is the smallest Southeast Honda company in Asian.... Maybe a marketing failure... maybe a marketing trend ... Thai teenagers want power ...

Maybe in the last days of 2008 Honda will finally introduce the new CBR 150R 2009, all was it only for color change, like they did last year, but no word about the CBR 150R...

In the Philippines Honda has no means to compete in a actual race.... they sell Wave's and cosmetic altered Wave's who still use engines Honda has to a shame to use....

Edited by Richard-BKK

Not let sales figures fool you ...Honda sold in Thailand in 2008 about 8,000 Honda CBR 150R motorcycles, this means that the Tiger Boxer 200R beats Honda CBR 150R sales for a second year, with more close to 25,000 Tiger Boxer's sold in 2008 I can understand why....Honda seen a decline in sells in other models other then the Honda Wave...Source given by Dave_Boo Other the the ever going to sell and exported Honda Wave APHonda is the smallest Southeast Honda company in Asian.... Maybe a marketing failure... maybe a marketing trend ... Thai teenagers want power ...

Maybe in the last days of 2008 Honda will finally introduce the new CBR 150R 2009, all was it only for color change, like they did last year, but no word about the CBR 150R...

In the Philippines Honda has no means to compete in a actual race.... they sell Wave's and cosmetic altered Wave's who still use engines Honda has to a shame to use....

Do you have links for those sales (both Honda's CBR and the Tiger Boxer)? Because the best that I could find for Honda was this link, which is from January 2007, and has Honda selling 656 'sport' versus the Tiger's 3. Now I did see that Honda lumped the CBR and the Phantom in that category, but assuming that sales were split 50/50 that's still almost 110x the number of all Tiger 'sport' models sold.

Yes, they landed a sweetheart deal to supply bikes for the police force; if it wasn't for that inconvienent fact I highly doubt that Tiger would be supposedly running at full capacity or selling as many 'sport' bikes as you are asserting.

You state that APHonda is the smallest Southeast Honda company in Asia, and yet from the same link you referenced it clearly states that the Asian totals are from eight countries: "Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam, India, Pakistan and China". And it clearly states that Honda sold 6.63 Million units. Indonesia wiped the floor with the other countries, accounting for 2.06 M units (31%). Thailand was next with 1.29 M units (19%). Vietnam got third place with 1.13 M units (17%). India only managed 1.12 M units (17%). Note that was only the top four and if you add their sales together you only have a remainder 1 M units sold between the remaining four countries(Malaysia, Philippines, Pakistan, and China).

Yet your well known dislike towards Honda is shining brightly!

Is there any reason for Honda to have to change the CBR 150R? Have you any emissions tests that show that it is dirty? Is it terribly down on power in the class it's in? Is the styling dated? Is the handling any cause for concern?

Perhaps Honda chooses not to race in the Philippines for the same reason that it chooses not to race in other countries; it simply isn't worth its time. I found it rather peculiar that you had to post a race result in a junior league in a country that has to import to support your hypothesis that Honda=bad and Tiger=good. Also of note is that you did not reply to the other questions that I raised in regards to your post.....

But anyways, back to the OP;

If you can, try and convince your parents that you're ready for a proper bike. I don't know if you speak Thai, but sign up for the Honda Safety course. Convince them you're mature enough to learn by insisting on a safe helmet and a sturdy riding jacket. Basically demonstrate you've become an adult and wish to be treated as one. If you can, get a job (goes over great with parents!) and tell them that you are willing to wait until you have enough money to pay for 1/2 of the CBR 150R as well as your insurance.

Don't listen to the old dried up naysayers in this thread (no offense to those codgers... :o ). Respect your parents and yourself by not getting into things too quickly, but there's no reason that you shouldn't have the bike you want. Granted there will be a learning curve but chalk it up to life experiences.

To your Tiger sales figures, I'm sure all 118 Tiger bikes are sold in my moobaan. And I bet that some of the police guys must be sharing the bikes.

And I have to say that I had a few drinks in a pub/cafe/somtam shop in front of the police living quarters but I'm sure that I counted more than 2,000 white and Brown Boxer... It could have been a few more or a few less, but I was surely not drunk enough to see 118 unites for thousands...

So I need to say I was wrong...

And again I have nothing against Honda, or its bikes, matter of fact I have very good relation with a few Honda engineers.

To your Tiger sales figures, I'm sure all 118 Tiger bikes are sold in my moobaan. And I bet that some of the police guys must be sharing the bikes.

And I have to say that I had a few drinks in a pub/cafe/somtam shop in front of the police living quarters but I'm sure that I counted more than 2,000 white and Brown Boxer... It could have been a few more or a few less, but I was surely not drunk enough to see 118 unites for thousands...

So I need to say I was wrong...

And again I have nothing against Honda, or its bikes, matter of fact I have very good relation with a few Honda engineers.

You do realise that those sales numbers were from January 07, before they landed their contract right? And assuming they have managed to sell the number of Boxers you insist they have (with more close to 25,000 Tiger Boxer's sold in 2008 per this link) where are they? Once again assuming that they sold only 328 that month and they only maintained that level they ended up with ~4 000 units sold in '07. Now you're saying that Tiger has sold 6.25 times as many so far this year. Even up in Uthai Thani (not the richest part of LOS) I see Honda CBRs all the time, and yet except for that group of Boxers I mentioned before I never see any of the Tigers. If my math is correct, there should be some 333 Boxers per province; and yet I've seen more BMW bikes then Boxers.

Your constant attacks and attempts to belittle the brand through fantasy numbers that are not verifiable directly contradict your prostestations that you are in fact NOT anti-Honda. And also, why when questioned about your statements do you not respond? I make mistakes, but I am enough of a man to admit them and then not repeat them. If I know that I'm right I will provide empirical proof. Why can you not do the same? Why can you not answer questions posed to you?

I have two motorcycle brochures here, one that is only for the HONDA CBR150R. It folds out, very professionally done, Six sides, each page 29x22 cm, thick stock. Many titles that shout RACING SPORT. Photos of Thais in full racing gear, hunched over when cornering, etc. Full specifications, even wheel and tubeless tire sizes.

Second leaflet, 4 pages on cheap paper, 21x15 cm, very unprofessional, showing the ENTIRE Tiger line. That includes several small photos of Tiger Boxers, 150/200/239 cc, with very little data. The little brochure shows several electric engines. Four sidecars for soda and ice cream venders. GO!GO! electirc two wheeler. Several 3 wheelers with roofs. A Nano electric pit bike. And seven more small Thai style bikes, including one electric. Oh, and the Boxers/Cagivas look like a 1979 bike.

I see about one Tiger every two months, usually a joke. I mean, a Joker.

Marketing sales and research reports cost a good amount of money, I have no wishes to prove myself. This is a forum, and my personal opinion doesn't to proven right.

And again I agree with your statement that Tiger sold only 118 Tiger Boxers, by January 2007, it is probably true... The purchase of motorcycles by the Royal Thai Police is not on the list of secrets and if you want to know you can get this data from the Ministry of Internal Affairs.

For everything else time will tell who was right

come on guys, this topic was not for fighting about honda vs tiger. u r writing the same things again n again..

what is the matter?

how about talking about my question at the beginning?

do they still produce honda NSR, or stopped? if yes, how much does a new nsr-150cc cost?