Tv Members And Political Correctness

GuestHouse

Extraordinarily insulting and inflammatory posts have been deleted. If you cannot keep this from getting personal, nasty and abusive then warnings and suspensions will be handed out and the thread closed.

Might I suggest to all members concerned a re-read of the forum rules because I, for one, am getting mightily tired of having to remind a bunch of grown men how to mind their manners.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The vast majority of teachers in primary/junior education are female. Anecdotally, I hear it's next to impossible for males to gain work in the sector.

got any stats or proof to back up either of these claims? or is it yet more hyperbole??? my husband works at a school & of the 4 pre-school/nursery teachers 2 are male. (I know cause my son will be attending in September) and just now looking through the staff list in the end of year news letter, 85% of overall teaching staff are male.(preschool to 16 years old) I know this is only one example but I wonder where you getting your facts from.

But now you have me thinking about it, I started to primary school in 1979 & not one of my teachers before I reached my 2nd to last year junior were men. IMO teaching, in the nursery & primary sector, has always been more female oriented than male, not only in recent years. A bit like nursing.

Well it's 23:00 here in Seoul and Im just about to hit the sack :o so I'll just say goodnight from him.

btw bonobo I only spelt out some of the words that I thought some people may not recognise such as w**s. No insult intended but I notice you didn't object to feminazies.

Goodnight. :D

OK, I now understand why you spelled out some but not the others.  By-the-way, though, I also highlighted "feminazis," and I did say I find all of those terms offensive.

Edited by bonobo

Extraordinarily insulting and inflammatory posts have been deleted. If you cannot keep this from getting personal, nasty and abusive then warnings and suspensions will be handed out and the thread closed.

Might I suggest to all members concerned a re-read of the forum rules because I, for one, am getting mightily tired of having to remind a bunch of grown men how to mind their manners.

Gender and age specific - Is that PC :o

Yes - it's also factual.

Yes - it's also factual.

How do you know?

Bonobo, if someone (perhaps yourself) links some event to Political Correctness when there is absolutely no evidence of Political Correctness having any part in the event then are you saying we should accept their claim that Political Correctness is to blame?

You have given us two glaringly obvious cases where you claim Political Correctness is to blame - The first the dismissal of a teacher [You claimed 'black and white' that the teacher was dismissed as a result of Political Correctness - She was not dismissed - period! ]. The second case you claim Political Correctness was to blame for a race hate crime that happened in the 60's - Again ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE of Political Correctness having anything whatsoever to do with the Race Hate Crime.

Now you argue that your view of Political Correctness is Broader than mine. What else could you claim?

It's utter nonsense. Two shining examples of ZERO POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

---

UK Red Tops. I note that since I mentioned the UK Red Tops they've cropped up twice as sources of 'evidence of Political Correctness' - Saves me looking for Links eh?!

The vast majority of teachers in primary/junior education are female. Anecdotally, I hear it's next to impossible for males to gain work in the sector.

got any stats or proof to back up either of these claims? or is it yet more hyperbole??? my husband works at a school & of the 4 pre-school/nursery teachers 2 are male. (I know cause my son will be attending in September) and just now looking through the staff list in the end of year news letter, 85% of overall teaching staff are male.(preschool to 16 years old) I know this is only one example but I wonder where you getting your facts from.

But now you have me thinking about it, I started to primary school in 1979 & not one of my teachers before I reached my 2nd to last year junior were men. IMO teaching, in the nursery & primary sector, has always been more female oriented than male, not only in recent years. A bit like nursing.

Other than tying yourself up in knots, do you know what the word "anecdotally" means? As I said, I am getting my information from my sister in law, a primary school teacher.

Politicising our schools is perhaps the most worrying facet of political correctness.

What's this, you want to keep Politics out of ours schools but not religion?

Eitherway, I reckon your at least a century late on that.

Most American realize that our country needs immigrants and lots of us come from families that were immigrants, so very few of us are against it, but I would guess that you are mostly talking about Brits. Are you insinuating that it is racist to want to limit immigrants? :o

I will try and answer this one again, this time without resorting to committing the heinous crime of using comparison to illustrate a point.

In short, you are correct - it is deemed the vilest form of racism to even broach the subject. We have censored ourselves to such a degree that discussing immigration is simply not allowed. Don't forget: this is for future immigration - to even begin to discuss the relative merits of the mass immigration that has occurred during the last few decades will lead to our politicians running for the hills. We excel in sticking our heads in the sand - it ought to be introduced as an olympic event in time for 2012. We'd piss it.

This is from the land that brought you JS Mill and George Orwell.

Immigration is one of the main themes on the news & there are often tv programs like panorama discussing it. I don't see anyone scared to broach the subject at all. They may not come up with many solutions but it is talked about. Id ask you to give us some proof to back up your claims but I fear you'll claim you are being "anecdotal" which is a very convenient response :o

Politicising our schools is perhaps the most worrying facet of political correctness.

What's this, you want to keep Politics out of ours schools but not religion?

Eh??

Politics and religion go hand-in-hand for me - they should be sought only by those looking for them. No need to teach either.

Superhans, I'm sure you think you are being clever but really, show some proof or use the terms "IMO" or "I believe" before posting what is only your opinion. As long as you can either 1) make it clear it is only your opinion or 2) provide some actual proof then I wont need to waste my time questioning what you post.

I wonder how many of the people who say that PC is out of control also believe that immigrants should be encouraged to fit in better within their home countries. I wonder how many of these people see the conflict in these two beliefs.

I might be able to see the conflict in the two beliefs if I knew what they were.

You may wish to clarify your intentions - that sentence makes no sense.

Following this thread through its eternity,I personably find the views of posters proPC/OP to be of no revelence to the average reasonable minded populate.Given examples of PC excesses they/him still resort to argumentive responses without reasoning or explanations of beneficial effects relating to these factual instances.Has PC relates to a proportion of racial elements this subject will become involved within the topic.To coincide that all PC actions are to be accepted without question could be commendable to any radical organistion.Thus these/OP staunch PC totarians are of equal concern has any true racist/fascist activists.

Yes - it's also factual.

How do you know?

How do I know what? That the vast majority of posters in this thread are men? Or that they're grown? Or that they constitute a 'bunch' ?

Immigration is one of the main themes on the news & there are often tv programs like panorama discussing it. I don't see anyone scared to broach the subject at all. They may not come up with many solutions but it is talked about. Id ask you to give us some proof to back up your claims but I fear you'll claim you are being "anecdotal" which is a very convenient response :o

Being pedantic, I used "anecdotal" proactively, NOT in response. :D

It is true there are occasional TV programs discussing immigration, but that is a one-way media. Where hearts and minds are won - pubs, obviously - it is not a discussion that can ever be held openly. There is an ever creeping paranoia in our society about the issue - speaking about it without the fear of the baying mob would be a good start. I always wonder why the uberPC won't allow it. It's a little like the government refusing the pro-cannabis lobby a Royal Commission on its legality - they won't do it cos they know dam_n well they'll lose. The PC don't want discussion because it could undermine their own credibility. Self-interest, as ever, rules PC mob mentality.

Actually, I know the government is way ahead of its people on this. They WANT discussion. They realise there is a NEED for it. They can't facilitate it themselves for fear of being voted out, but several Ministers have made a stand (Straw with the veil; John Reid, who said there will be no no-go areas in the UK etc), with the intention of driving a wedge between the moderates and extremists. There is a very real need to do this QUICKLY - you PCers are preventing the wedge being driven, with the result being more 7/7 type attacks are likely. It is crucial people understand the need for this debate.

I find the make-up of the politically correct mob fascinating - it's largely white, educated, middle-class, angst-ridden types; who, coincidentally, have moved as far away from minority areas as quickly as they could. They assume all the ills of society are created by white people, specifically white males from poorer socio-economic backgrounds. They don't seem to care that immigrant populations themselves often don't mix particularly well with other immigrants, or 60% of all racist attacks are on white people, for example.

PC is nothing more than class prejudice. PC types still hate - only they go for easy targets, like the white underclass.

Edited by Super Hans

lol u are funny. you presume so much yet understand little imo. so you went from everyone being scared to talk about it to , oh actually it can't be discussed in the pub :D what ALL pubs? have you tried to talk about it in every pub in every town in the UK? 55555

Also I don't recall telling you where I grew up, my education level, what "class" I am, where I live or whether I have any "angst" (what are we all in a bad 80's teen movie now :o) I also haven't made reference to my stance on immigration or who I blame for the problems in the UK. But I suppose you will consider me one of your pro pc profile too right?

Superhans, I'm sure you think you are being clever but really, show some proof or use the terms "IMO" or "I believe" before posting what is only your opinion. As long as you can either 1) make it clear it is only your opinion or 2) provide some actual proof then I wont need to waste my time questioning what you post.

So you STILL don't understand the word "anecdotally" then? :o

Isn't it more classy than saying, say, "IMO" or "I believe"?

hmmm, yes you do "think" you are clever. How crass. Class is something you clearly have no clue about. :o

My post, as you clearly missed it, was a gentle but obviously far too subtle advice for you to not post as if you are stating fact, it is well known netiquette to prefix opinions with imo or I believe.

lol u are funny. you presume so much yet understand little imo. so you went from everyone being scared to talk about it to , oh actually it can't be discussed in the pub :D what ALL pubs? have you tried to talk about it in every pub in every town in the UK? 55555

Also I don't recall telling you where I grew up, my education level, what "class" I am, where I live or whether I have any "angst" (what are we all in a bad 80's teen movie now :o) I also haven't made reference to my stance on immigration or who I blame for the problems in the UK. But I suppose you will consider me one of your pro pc profile too right?

Not at all. I wasn't actually addressing you personally - just building on a theme you started, that's all.

And I've been to almost all pubs - does that count?