How To Edit Posts

groovyc

This is part of the help topic "Posting":

Editing Posts

Above any posts that you have made, you may see an 'Edit' button. Pressing this will allow you to edit the post that you had previously made.

When editing you may see an option to 'Add the 'Edit by' line in this post?'. If you tick this then it will show up in the posts that it has been edited and the time at which it was edited. If this option does not appear, then the edit by line will always be added to the post.

If you are unable to see the edit button displayed on each post that you have made, then the administrator may have prevented you from editing posts, or the time limit for editing may have expired.

-------------------------------------

What is the time limit for editing posts? and why would anyone be prevented from editing?

I need to edit a post on the Motor Forum> Cars for sale. Please help.

What is the time limit for editing posts? and why would anyone be prevented from editing?

- 30 minutes I believe.

- It's so you can't change what you wrote to cover up something that you later wished you hadn't written. :o

Ask a mod to change it, if you're desperate. Otherwise, add another post. :D

Edited by JetsetBkk

Send an email to support @thaivisa.com (remove the space between support and the "@" symbol), and mention what needs to be edited.

Have to limit members abilities to edit stuff, otherwise people could go back through posts over the years and make all sorts of changes (probably mess up the database too).

• 2 weeks later...

Send an email to support @thaivisa.com (remove the space between support and the "@" symbol), and mention what needs to be edited.

Have to limit members abilities to edit stuff, otherwise people could go back through posts over the years and make all sorts of changes (probably mess up the database too).

Thanks for the replies...

Yes, I do understand the necessity to have some limitations on editing. but 30mins? :o

Also, in the Motor Forum / Cars for Sale (and other similar areas as well), one cannot reply either. This makes it impossible to add anything you forgot the first time, and perhaps even more importantly, let everyone know when the item is sold off. Hope TV comes up with a more efficient way to do this.

• 2 years later...

I've just cme across this post, I'm curious about editing. I've started a post and I want to deliberately edit it as time goes by and build a timeline of my wife spouse visa application. I don't really want to create a new post for each and every notification that I get from the embassy, that seems totally worthless. Simply I want a new line added every now and then with the new info, eg

Date - receipt received from embassy

Date - request for medical clearance

Date - blah blah blah.

I'd like all of these available in the top of the post. Using the above information in the previous post, should I just send an email to support and request this to be added? Once I have significant info to add, I'd add a new post to bump it per sae, mentioning the significant event and a link back to the top (actually second) post...

That's ow I'd prefer to do it, or would the mods just prefer I put a disjointed post at the end for each and every item?

Ideas? Thanks

I'd like all of these available in the top of the post. Using the above information in the previous post, should I just send an email to support and request this to be added? Once I have significant info to add, I'd add a new post to bump it per sae, mentioning the significant event and a link back to the top (actually second) post...

That's ow I'd prefer to do it, or would the mods just prefer I put a disjointed post at the end for each and every item?

Ideas? Thanks

Sounds like you are creating a blog in which there are many sites you can do that. Thaivisa used to have member's blogs but appears to have been removed on the last major upgrade. As for having the mods/support do this, that is a bit of a burden for them. A one time edit is ok, but continuous updates not realistic to expect that of them.

Sounds like you are creating a blog in which there are many sites you can do that. Thaivisa used to have member's blogs but appears to have been removed on the last major upgrade. As for having the mods/support do this, that is a bit of a burden for them. A one time edit is ok, but continuous updates not realistic to expect that of them.

Well, no it's not a blog, it's a simple case of a simple timeline for the process... no stories about each part. nada.

it's just as it appears in my post above. one simple line each date and what happened. it would basically appear like:

date: visa lodged

date: confirmation app received

date: medical requested

date: interview

date: visa approved

as you could see it;s not a blog. not even close. it's just to give people an idea of the length of the process.... For australian spouse visas, this takes up to a year and people are curious.

Anyway if it's too difficult, I'll just do it once it's finished. I really didn't think it would be a problem. It would certainly be easier if we could edit our own posts beyond 30 minutes. Who really cares if people change what they say. Shouldn't people be able to correct their mistakes? even change their mind? But this isn't for either of those purposes.