One Year Visa If Have Thai Child

I am not legally married and have a 17 month old daughter and all that Korat say they want is the baby's birth certificate...

Good for you. It really depends on the immigration office or within an office sometimes even on an individual officer. You seem, the rules simply say “Proof of family relationship” and it is up to the officer what he wants to require as proof. One would think that immigration head office has issued guidelines on these subjects but sometimes I wonder, and even if there are guidelines individual officers probably still have some leeway and treat each application individually.

--

Maestro

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Terrenova and Lite Beer for the information... And to Thailand Immigration for doing something sensible for the first time since I moved here 3 years ago... This is Great news for me... I just activated my second entry and will be calling the states tomorrow to have the appropriate funds transferred into my account here (normally just use the atm as the rates have been getting more favorable) figured better to have some time period with the full amount in bank for them JIC... So, instead of going for a 30 day extention myself, the girlfriend, and my LOVELY daughter will be at immigration looking to get a one year... (The girlfriend will love waiting down there). Lite beer I googled for a thai copy of this order JIC they are unaware down there... Any ideas where I could acquire this... And what section shall I POLITELY cite, so as to not cause loss of face, if he is unaware of the changes??? Thanks again for everybodies help... Particularly terrenova.... I would have never even attempted a phone call to immigration... But thats what u get for assuming... Ill post after my attempt in about two months... Hopefully others will also, Always weary of new regulations and attempting to be the first one in... Anyhow gotta go feed my one year extention... Best dam_n thing ever happened to me in my life!!!

Thanks again...

You can go to the U.S. Embassy and get an income verification letter. If you certify that you make more than B40K (approx. $1200) per month on that letter it should suffice for immigration. It will cost you $30 and ACS unit works on appointments now. Pm me if you need more information.

Edited by thaikahuna

You know if there's one thing that pisses me off about Thailand more than anything its dealing with Immigration (apart from the way everyone drives and rides).

I've been out here over 5 years , 3 years of that on a 1 year Retirement extension (800,000b in a Thai bank).

The new police regulations (Police Order 777/2551) have introduced a new clause (2.18) that states Non-Imm visa holders, with Thai child and 400,000 baht in a Thai bank (or 40,000 p.m. proof of income) will be granted a 1 year extension. Thats a good thing - no problem with that.

Clause 2.20 clearly states that Non-Imm visa holders with Thai child, proof of relationship and aged 50+ will be granted an extension of stay. There is no mention of a fiscal requirement.

Yet.

I always renew my visa at Nong Khai who after 5 years we know quite well. I asked my wife to confirm that my understanding of Clause 2.20 of the current Police order was accurate (we now have a 14 month baby).

They told me categorically that this is NOT the case and any application to renew my visa without a minimum 400,000 in a Thai bank would be declined.

We asked them specifically if they could confirm that with Suan Plu and they called back and confirmed that was the case.

What are you supposed to do? We can hardly go to Nong Khai Immigration and tell them they're wrong - worse still would be going and proving that they were wrong.

I shall be renewing my visa again in April and I'll be showing 800,000b in a Thai bank.

Its going to be less stressful.

Edited by slim

The new police regulations (Police Order 777/2551) have introduced a new clause (2.18) that states Non-Imm visa holders, with Thai child and 400,000 baht in a Thai bank (or 40,000 p.m. proof of income) will be granted a 1 year extension. Thats a good thing - no problem with that.

Clause 2.20 clearly states that Non-Imm visa holders with Thai child, proof of relationship and aged 50+ will be granted an extension of stay. There is no mention of a fiscal requirement.

Are you giving the wrong number when you say 2.20 of new police order. In the copy I have that clause is for dependents of extension holders of various types. 2.19 mentions a parent over 50 but that clause is for holders of a PR.

2.18 is the only clause that applys in your case.

Edited by ubonjoe

…Clause 2.20 clearly states that Non-Imm visa holders with Thai child, proof of relationship and aged 50+ will be granted an extension of stay. There is no mention of a fiscal requirement….

You are reading clause 2.20 wrong. It applies to an applicant who is a family member of a foreign child, not of a Thai child:

In the case of a family member of an alien

--

Maestro

It seems that Suan Plu is interpreting the regulations regarding over 50 and living with Thai child in a different manner to what we were all expecting.

I look forward to touch coming back and confirming that this special area is still valid!

BB

PS Waiting till April to do my extension and then in December doing my PR application!

Edited by Badbanker

Please,

Do I need to have a Non Immigrant O visa before I apply for such a 1 year visa type?

I am under 50 a little with Thai children, unmarried and until now got in Vienna only 3 entry Tourist V.

Do I have to apply at home in Europe first for something?

Would that be ok, I send to my Thai Bank account since a year 1.000.- monthly from my Austrian Bank?

If I fly home now, for what should I apply at the Thai embassy in Vienna before I come back?

Non Immigrant O ? With a copy of the Childs, chidren Birthpapers?

Or more things?

Thank you all, Alfred

Please,

Do I need to have a Non Immigrant O visa before I apply for such a 1 year visa type?

I am under 50 a little with Thai children, unmarried and until now got in Vienna only 3 entry Tourist V.

Do I have to apply at home in Europe first for something?

Would that be ok, I send to my Thai Bank account since a year 1.000.- monthly from my Austrian Bank?

If I fly home now, for what should I apply at the Thai embassy in Vienna before I come back?

Non Immigrant O ? With a copy of the Childs, chidren Birthpapers?

Or more things?

Thank you all, Alfred

1. No you do not have to have a non-o to apply. If you can show all the requirements for the extension you apply for a change of visa status (2000 baht). They will then issue a non-o visa. You then would return later and apply for the 1 year extension (1900 baht).

2. For income of 40,000 baht per month you need a letter from your embassy confirming it. Or you can deposit 400,000 baht in a Thai bank for 60 days prior to application.

3. The childrens birth certificates should be enough to get a non-o.

Edited by ubonjoe

It seems that Suan Plu is interpreting the regulations regarding over 50 and living with Thai child in a different manner to what we were all expecting.

Since 25 NOV 2008 there is no longer an age requirement for the extension to live with Thai child (parent extension). See clause 2.18(5) of Police Order 777/2551:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-.html

post-21260-1229862534_thumb.png

--

Maestro

Ubonjoe,

Thank you, you are faster than lightning.

My embassy could only confirm what the Immigration could see also,

that since 1 year are coming 1.000 euro from my own Austrian funds and Bank to my Thai Bankaccount.

If the Immigration accepts only a steady, monthly income from a job or an early retirement, than, I have to go for the 400.000.- B. Version.

Thanks for your help Ubonjoe.

Kind regards Alfred

Ubonjoe,

Thank you, you are faster than lightning.

My embassy could only confirm what the Immigration could see also,

that since 1 year are coming 1.000 euro from my own Austrian funds and Bank to my Thai Bankaccount.

If the Immigration accepts only a steady, monthly income from a job or an early retirement, than, I have to go for the 400.000.- B. Version.

Thanks for your help Ubonjoe.

Kind regards Alfred

Yes. Whatever your Embassy requires.

You are lucky that you can do the 400,000 in the bank. 2 months ago you would not be able to.

Litebeer,

I have 3 children with 2 Thai mias (one Ex, but still sometime, VERY close) ;-)

Until now I could also survive with my Tourist V. Was not always here, but the new Visa possibilitys make it easyer.

So, the Immigration is ok with the 400.000.- at once, but when I show that I can send 40.000.- monthly since a year, thats not ok,

It must come from another source, not from myself?

Ok, than the 4Hundredth.

Thanks, Alfred

Yes it is possible IF he is otherwise qualify, ie, marry the mother, Bt400,000 in Thai Bank, Imm-O Visa from Thai Embassy from home Country or Thai embassy from any counrty outside of Thailand, plus a few other requirements that you can find on this Home Page. :D:o

a friend of mine is now having to do 15 day border runs as his one year visa has expired, he has heard that it may be possible to get a one year visa extension as his girlfriend has just had a baby and it has his surname on the birth certificate. my friend is from england

can anyone help?

Here are the things I had when I applied for a new Non o successfully last week in Penang. I am living unmarried with a 1 year old child and his mother in thailand.

1. Deposited 1,700,000 in the bank however only 4 days before I applied.

(**I was told that 400,000 would be okay but that it has to be in the bank for at least 3 months.(they want to make sure you dont borrow the money from someone then give it back after you get the visa.)I was told that more than 800,000 proves you are not doing this so only a few days is ok.

2. Thai and translated birth certificate with my name as the father, and her name as the mother.

3. Girlfriends Thai passport

4. Foriegn Bank statement showing assets and income > 100,000 per month and subsequent transfers monthly into thai bank account for the last year(bank book).

5. My passport, sons passport

6. car insurance for two cars. finance agreement for one car, cash receipt for second car. both in my name

7. Home country income tax receipt showing that my address is in thailand

8. 1 picture of us together dressed up looking nice.(I brought photo albums but they did not use them)

My passport was sent in by Banana guesthouse. I thought their service was amazing. Very professional and to the point. I gave them my documents at 12:00 am and I got my 1 year multiple entry visa 15 hours later. The whole trip inclusive cost me around 30,000 baht with the airfare business class in a decent hotel.

**If you get turned down because the 400,000 was not in for at least 3 months, you will still get the 3 month visa. Then you can come back in three months after the money has been in and they will give you the 1 year then. I would call the banana guest house and let them advise you based on your personal situation.

Good Luck

**If you get turned down because the 400,000 was not in for at least 3 months, you will still get the 3 month visa. Then you can come back in three months after the money has been in and they will give you the 1 year then. I would call the banana guest house and let them advise you based on your personal situation.

Good Luck

Is this the list>>

one month 'entry visas'

15 day reentry visas

60 day tourist visas - purchased in home country

one year NonO and WP

7 day 'extensions'

Litebeer,

I have 3 children with 2 Thai mias (one Ex, but still sometime, VERY close) ;-)

Until now I could also survive with my Tourist V. Was not always here, but the new Visa possibilitys make it easyer.

So, the Immigration is ok with the 400.000.- at once, but when I show that I can send 40.000.- monthly since a year, thats not ok,

It must come from another source, not from myself?

Ok, than the 4Hundredth.

Thanks, Alfred

If your embassy will give you a letter that show an income equal to 40,000 baht or more per month. It can be savings, investements and etc. that can be divided out by 12 months to show a monthly income. Just see what your embassy will do or requires.

Yes putting 400,000 in the bank all at one time is fine. It can even be a fixed term account (CD).

Joe

a friend of mine is now having to do 15 day border runs as his one year visa has expired, he has heard that it may be possible to get a one year visa extension as his girlfriend has just had a baby and it has his surname on the birth certificate. my friend is from england

can anyone help?

mn

If he can meet the requirements of the police order mention in this thread he can get a one year extension. But the way things are now with only getting 15 days (21 remaining rule) he will probably need to make a visa run and get a single 90 day O visa at a nearby consulate. If he was to go to Vientane all he would need would be his childs birth certificate showing him as the father. He would then go to immigration during the last 30 days of his permit to stay and apply for the extension.

Instead of going for the non-o he could go to immigration and get a 60 extension to visit his son. But immigration could use the 21 day remaining on the permit to stay rule for this extension also.

Ubonjoe,

Thank you, but in my case, I send money from my savings in Austria to my Bank in Thailand, since about a year, 1000 Euro a month.

Looking at my BANK book, everybody can see that.

So why my Embassy has to confirm that situation?

TIT ?

Maibelai, I wil see and for sure transfer the 400k.

Thank you all for your Info.

By Alfred

Ubonjoe,

Thank you, but in my case, I send money from my savings in Austria to my Bank in Thailand, since about a year, 1000 Euro a month.

Looking at my BANK book, everybody can see that.

So why my Embassy has to confirm that situation?

TIT ?

Maibelai, I wil see and for sure transfer the 400k.

Thank you all for your Info.

By Alfred

You got it right. TIT

The only other option is to go to the tax office get a tax ID and delare an income of 480,000 baht for the year, pay the tax and then show the tax documents to immigration.

Do I apply for a 12 month extension here or back home??? Have u heard of anyone that has been successful at this? What would I need to show in Jomtien??? Or should I parade the girlfriend and baby into immigration and guilt them into it?

Thanks...

I am exactly in your situation, thatfore I ahve been to Bangkok Immigration Office last weak and asked for further Information:

1. By the new Regulation 2.18 (5), you qualify for an extension of stay (1 year), if you have an child which is Thai national. Your name must be stated in the certificate of birth.

2. You have to bring a proof of money. 40.000 monthly income or 400.000 at one time. But they told me that that 40.000 monthly income is only for people which are working in Thailand. So I have to bring 400.000 into a Thai bank.

3. They want this TM 7 2 times, ahndwritten and not photocopied.

4. You shall bring a couple of photographs with you and your child, in and infront of your house, at least 4 pieces

Further they told me that this extension can only be granted by the closest Immigration Office to your Thai residence. I any case it is helpful to call up the office before you go there and ask what exactly you need to show them, requirements are differing from officer to officer.

Arne

I believe that if you declare an income in Thailand, immigration would want to see a work permit.
Must be a misunderstanding. The income doesn't have to be from Thailand. if from Thailand you need to show tax-papers, if from abroad you need to show a letter from your embassy confirming your income.

Income from outside Thailand is taxable it does not have to be made in Thailand. So why the work permit if you could show transfers into the country.

To get a letter for income from some countries embassy is impossible to get unless it is from a goverment pension or they just will not do it period.

Also you do not have to work to earn money in Thailand. IE: If you had investments that earned an income you would not have to work to get the money.

Edited by ubonjoe

I believe that if you declare an income in Thailand, immigration would want to see a work permit.
Must be a misunderstanding. The income doesn't have to be from Thailand. if from Thailand you need to show tax-papers, if from abroad you need to show a letter from your embassy confirming your income.

Income from outside Thailand is taxable it does not have to be made in Thailand. So why the work permit if you could show transfers into the country.

To get a letter for income from some countries embassy is impossible to get unless it is from a goverment pension or they just will not do it period.

Also you do not have to work to earn money in Thailand. IE: If you had investments that earned an income you would not have to work to get the money.

Your combining 2 answers to 2 different questions.

In my reply to ALFREDO I wanted to make clear that you can not just go to the tax office and declare an income of 440,000 baht. For income from employment within Thailand immigration wants to see a work permit.

Income from outside Thailand isn't always taxable, it would also depend if there is a tax treaty. I doubt if you checked if that is the case. Regardless of that, the income would still be from abroad and immigration might require a letter from your embassy for that.

Indeed an income can also be from investment. But are you sure the tax office or immigration doesn't want to see proof of that and that they will just accept your statement?

I wonder what is wrong with my second remark. I can't find anything wrong with that.

When the Thai Wife's Income could be used it was possible to pay Tax on a fictitious income. For a foreign man it would not be possible as Immigration would want to see a work permit if the income was from inside Thailand.

For Income outside Thailand they need to see the document from the Embassy.

it may be possible to get a one year visa extension as his girlfriend has just had a baby and it has his surname on the birth certificate.

I went through this game myself. I have two Thai children; one with my ex-wife and one with my girlfriend. All properly documented, my name on both birth certificates. The immigration police won't recognize either of them as my child because I do not have LEGAL CUSTODY. My ex-wife even went with me to the amphoe office to try to give me joint custody and the lady there refused to do so. Since you're not married to your girlfriend, you do not have custody of the child and the immigration police told me you don't count as father.