Is The 90 Day Rule Still In Place?

Hello,I'm sorry to be asking this probably redundant question,but there is so much topics that I can't find an answer.

I'm a Norwegian that left thailand october 23.I was planning to wait until january 23 before I travelled back to Bangkok,cause of this 90 days rule.I much prefer entering on visa excemption like I did last time,cause the thai embassy is far away from my area here in Norway.

Last time I made 2 visa runs to cambodia,and my last visa excemption was set to expire november 7.

So if the 90 days rule is terminated.Can I return to bangkok at any time I want, and count on getting a visa excemption entry stamp?

What I need to know for sure is....is the 90 day rule still in place.Does anyone definetly know this?

There is a consensus that it is OFFICIALLY over (the 90 day rule). However, that does not mean you won't possibly encounter an immigration officer that sees it differently. Sorry, if you want 100 percent certainty, this is the wrong country.

So,I think I better wait until january 23,or a few days later before I return to Bangkok.Just to be on the safe side.

On january 23 its been 3 months since I left.But of course my visa excemption did not expire before november 7.

Thank you for your reply!

You can come anytime you want, the 90 days rules is abolished, however you will get only 15 days by land border crossing and 30 days by Air at the airport.

Bishop :o

Plus, I was told on friday at Kap Cheong Immigration that they now only allow 3 x 15 day periods.

Dave

You can come anytime you want, the 90 days rules is abolished, however you will get only 15 days by land border crossing and 30 days by Air at the airport.

Plus, I was told on friday at Kap Cheong Immigration that they now only allow 3 x 15 day periods.

Dave

As Jingthing said, there will always be one officer that will see things differently.

It looks like you found him :D

It's great that the 90 day rule is gone.I will book for travel in early january in that case.When I get to bangkok I will get a visa in Laos when its time to extend.

It's a dam_n shame about these new 15 only days rules though.But at least there is always that option available...(if dave the dude's experience was cause of some borderguard not being up to date yet.)

It's great that the 90 day rule is gone.I will book for travel in early january in that case.When I get to bangkok I will get a visa in Laos when its time to extend.

It's a dam_n shame about these new 15 only days rules though.But at least there is always that option available...(if dave the dude's experience was cause of some borderguard not being up to date yet.)

It is a shame, but wait a little bit, its looks like "Taksinof Communifiski" era is fading, let's see what the Democrat will do about it, though it is not their priority at this time.