Long Stay In Laos

Hello

I make last a new visa for Thailand in Vientiane. 60 days, double entry. I was suprised how beatiful are this capitol.

I plan to stay several months in Laos. When i entry, i can get a Visa on arrival, one entry. Before the 30 days ended, i can go to the border and get a new visa again ? If yes, can i do this unlimited times ? Or maybe it is easiyer to get a year-visa or something like that.

Best regards

alocacoc

If you use the Thai border and you don't have the appropriate visa to enter Thailand it won't work. Thailand won't care that you are about to turn right around and go back to Laos. I don't know the law in Laos regarding your return. I agree Laos is very beautiful but be careful of strict laws about foreigners staying with Laos girls they are not married to, it is illegal.

If you use the Thai border and you don't have the appropriate visa to enter Thailand it won't work. Thailand won't care that you are about to turn right around and go back to Laos. I don't know the law in Laos regarding your return. I agree Laos is very beautiful but be careful of strict laws about foreigners staying with Laos girls they are not married to, it is illegal.

A while ago you could extend your visa for up to a year at a cost of $1 or $2 per day, don't know if this still applies.

But as regards coming into Thailand, don't they now count up the total number of days in the country? If so doing a number of visa runs should leave you well within the law, interesting one, never come across inward visa runs before.

"If you use the Thai border and you don't have the appropriate visa to enter Thailand it won't work."

Why not. Since when have you needed a visa to enter Thailand?

"But as regards coming into Thailand, don't they now count up the total number of days in the country?"

That apparently stopped with the new police order dated 25 Nov 08.

Well the easiest thing to do is just go to the immigration office in town and get your visa extended. You can get up to two more months extended before you need to leave the country to renew.

You can come and go as many times as you want just paying the visa charge.