Incredibly Noisy Music In The Wat Gate Area

ollylama

I just moved into the Wat Gate area. One of the attractions was the peace and quiet. Not any more. Suddenly there's some kind of loud live Thai pop music playing most nights. I've tried to figure out where it's coming from but to no avail. I live by the river and a friend of mine lives all the way to the east right by the Superhighway (near Makro) and I can hear it almost as well at her house as I can at mine. That's a diameter of shitty music measuring about two kilometers.

Does anyone know where it's coming from? I realize there's not much that can be done about ridiculously loud music in Thailand but I'm just curious. It's really bumming my high.

I just moved into the Wat Gate area. One of the attractions was the peace and quiet. Not any more. Suddenly there's some kind of loud live Thai pop music playing most nights.

No idea, but I sure do feel your pain! For the 9 months I've been here, I've lived two doors down from a night club that supplies loud, booming music from 9pm to 2:30-ish am every single night. And on alternate weekends, we're blessed with a neighbor's in-home, off-key Karaoke extravaganza. Ear plugs are my friend.

this is why i would never buy property in thailand - you never know what's going to pop up next door. heavy machinery, oil drilling, a death-metal rock club, a large hadron collider. no zoning or noise control at all.

i hope it really is just a festival at the big c. it seems amazing that noise that far away from the river would spread so far and wide. how awful it must be to live nearby.