Sections Of Pattaya

thaiaan

Can anyone give me a rundown of the different sections of Pattaya?I know about the north,central,south,etc,sections,but which sections are the touristy bar areas/

which are the more commercial areas,residential areas,affluent areas,etc.

Which section do most expats either live in or would want to live in?Do most people have their own cars and is an international license OK?

Can anyone give me a rundown of the different sections of Pattaya?I know about the north,central,south,etc,sections,but which sections are the touristy bar areas/

Which section do most expats either live in or would want to live in?Do most people have their own cars and is an international license OK?

why?? :o

why?? :o

Am interested in renting a condo/house in a more aflluent residential area and establishing a business in the commercial areas.

Most affluent Thai's and farangs live over Sukhumvit in East Pattaya. That is where you will find the 'professional' Thai's who live here full time such as Doctors, Dentists etc. Typically they own large houses in and around the resevoir (mabrapchan). Affluent farang are also in abundance in this area and also in East Jomtien, Prattamnak (the hill between Jomtien and Pattaya, where the Royal Cliff hotel is).

No Business district as such - many of the affluent farang are working in Rayong, Matrpraput, Lam Chabeng areas but live outside Pattaya for the convenience of western facilities.

Also lots of money people in Naklua between the main strip and the beach where land and property values are very high. Bascially, where there is a beach there are wealthy owners due to land values.

Most people living in East Pattaya need a car as they are about 8-10 km's outside the city proper although as the city expands eastward, the boundaries are getting very blurred. International schools such as the Regents are also located in east Pattaya and have helped grow this area certainly for expats with money and kids.

Most affluent Thai's and farangs live over Sukhumvit in East Pattaya. That is where you will find the 'professional' Thai's who live here full time such as Doctors, Dentists etc. Typically they own large houses in and around the resevoir (mabrapchan). Affluent farang are also in abundance in this area and also in East Jomtien, Prattamnak (the hill between Jomtien and Pattaya, where the Royal Cliff hotel is).

No Business district as such - many of the affluent farang are working in Rayong, Matrpraput, Lam Chabeng areas but live outside Pattaya for the convenience of western facilities.

Also lots of money people in Naklua between the main strip and the beach where land and property values are very high. Bascially, where there is a beach there are wealthy owners due to land values.

Most people living in East Pattaya need a car as they are about 8-10 km's outside the city proper although as the city expands eastward, the boundaries are getting very blurred. International schools such as the Regents are also located in east Pattaya and have helped grow this area certainly for expats with money and kids.

Thanks for such great detailed information.That would have taken me months of living in Pattaya to find out.

:o

what kind of business

I would like to acquire or start a cash business preferably one which basically runs itself with good cash controls and oversight like a laundromat,motel,etc.I have $200,000 to invest.My real business is Ebaying and online selling which I would like to concentrate on.

Do your research before you invest ,as laundromats, motels/hotels are pretty popular businesses here, plus if you have an original idea (which works), you will have a copycat business on either side withen 2 weeks , do your research before you invest ( not personal opinions in forums ) and don't broadcst you have 200,000 in your backpocket, I would personally recommend e-baying if you are currently making money on it, :D

Land prices are cheaper out in east pattaya, alot of people move there because for the same cost of a house in south or central pattaya they can have twice the size plus a big garden.

I live in sth pattaya, on my village there are "affluent" thai's, farangs and non affluent thais and farangs.

I live here because of its convinence to my bar (not far to travel at night).

Most people living in East Pattaya need a car as they are about 8-10 km's outside the city proper although as the city expands eastward, the boundaries are getting very blurred.    International schools such as the Regents are also located in east Pattaya and have helped grow this area certainly for expats with money and kids.

You also need a car here as you will probably get robbed, beaten up or worse if you travel around east pattaya on a bike in the dark. :o

$200,000 will not buy you a hotel.

This city is no longer cheap.

I was thinking about starting a laundry business for my gf, but after looking around for a while, we found that the city had already become innundated with them, and changed our minds.

If you have found a good way to make money, stick to it.

I have changed from profitable ways of earning money to losing it a couple of times in my life, and will not do it again.

Maybe you will be able to find something from here that you can sell on Ebay.

You could also look to buy two small houses in an up and coming development WEST of Sukhumvit, and one year down the road when the houses are built, sell them for the increase in price, or rent them out. You can receive 8% / year

return on property here.... HOUSES, not condos. I have done it on and off for

14 years.

If the asking price for the house from the developer is 2.3 million, one year later , the new asking price would be 2.7 million, .... but they would have all been sold. You would have made payments to the developer prior to completion of approx. 700000 baht. So, you would see a 400,000 increase on your 700,000. I have done this on and off for 14 years, rented houses out as well. As long as you know a lot of people here, you can always get your places rented or sold quickly.

Land prices are cheaper out in east pattaya, alot of people move there because for the same cost of a house in south or central pattaya they can have twice the size plus a big garden.

I live in sth pattaya, on my village there are "affluent" thai's, farangs and non affluent thais and farangs.

I live here because of its convinence to my bar (not far to travel at night).

Most people living in East Pattaya need a car as they are about 8-10 km's outside the city proper although as the city expands eastward, the boundaries are getting very blurred.    International schools such as the Regents are also located in east Pattaya and have helped grow this area certainly for expats with money and kids.
You also need a car here as you will probably get robbed, beaten up or worse if you travel around east pattaya on a bike in the dark. :o

Not sure its so much cheaper for a village anymore - I saw a place selling land at 18000 baht TW on a village which seemed very high to me. Frequently seeing properties selling for 14,000,000 baht but they are on big plots (300-400 TW) and look very smart. Not many options for that kind of space in Pattaya proper. Buying bare land though is cheaper but then you have the additional worries of being out on your own and many foreigners do not want that.

In terms of safety, I think I'd rather be on a bike in East Pattaya than 3rd Road at night but having said that I never ride a bike anyway.

just look at all the shootings and muggins from soi baukhaw back towards sukimvit, wild country, buy a tank :D

A saw a Hummer going down Sukhumvit road in Bangkok a couple of days ago - now thats the kind of vehicle not to argue with !!!

Maybe Taksin's? :o

I have seen 3 hummers here in Az, where the average wage is $100/month (I spend that each night at the pub)...population of this city a couple of hundred thousand...The project I am worjking on has injected 100 billion $ into the pocket of the president so far...oh, sorry, that is not quite right, his relatives have done quite well out of it too...

You could also look to buy two small houses in an up and coming development WEST  of Sukhumvit, and one year down the road when the houses are built, sell them for the increase in price, or rent them out.  You can receive 8% / year

return on property here.... HOUSES, not condos.  I have done it on and off for

14 years.

Where is that?

I am looking to buy somthing in 18 months but don't drive and won't ride so I need somthing near a taxi route

Edited by Tufty

Eakmongkol Soi 17. To get there from South Pattaya and 2nd Road, drive south on 2nd Road(Soi Pratumnak) about 200 meters to the first street on the left just after the school ends. That is Soi 17. Drive up on Soi 17 behind the big WatChai market about one kilometer. You will reach a light at 3rd Road. Drive over 3rd Road another 800 meters, you will pass Flybird Condos (4 big apartment buildings)on the right and the Belle Marine Hotel on the left. There is also a lot of building going on right before Flybird. One hundred meters of dirt after Flybird, on the right corner, is a new 7-11 . The road turns right here - the new street name is actually Soi 8 - Theprasit Road, but everyone still calls it Soi 17. Carry on on this road another 50 meters and it will make a sharp left turn, continue. Another 200 meters on the right is the new Eakmongkol development. The saleslady is named Oi. She speaks english.

I just bought one bungalow there for 2.295 million. I have friends who have bought 7 more now. As you can guess, they are very happy with my appearance. I bought a home-to-be in their Jomtien development as well. I got the price of 2.39 million there 8 months ago. The price is now 2.728. A little of that is a slightly larger plot (2 talangwah), but it is still a 300,000 increase, and I have only given them about 500,000 in deposit and monthly payments.

And, most important!!!!! Make changes to your house. In the Jomtien development, my friend and I made about 120,000 in additions to the size of the house. It has made the house worth 250,000 more. If you have any questions about redesign and the like, you are more than welcome to ask me about my changes. (06 722 1216) Oh, and I got a 10,000 discount, as I begged, and because my friends and I bought so many. Now, usually one can get more than a simple 10,000 baht discount, but in this case, the prices are headed up by 200,000 next month......so they say. I do not know how much they are headed up, but I do know that when they told me prices were headed up in Jomtien, they certainly told me the truth.

If you would like to know more about the geography of Pattaya, I suggest you buy a map or download one. As far as remember Nakula is in the north and is quietish, central Pattaya is where most of the bars are situated (sp) and south is walking street, if you go further south you will reach Jomtien which is a great place to stay. Yeah grab a map and check it out, thats waht I did.