How Long Will My Bank Account Stay Open With In Activity?

I am not in Thailand and couldn't get the phone system to work (they couldn't hear me for some reason) when calling my bank. Also, they don't seem to respond to my emails ever.

So, anyone with a Siam Commercial Bank account (SCB), do you know how long an account there can stay open with no activity? I know Thai banks like to close accounts, especially foreigners' accounts, if they've been inactive for 6 months or some banks wait until one year. I've seen both time examples on this board.

Anybody know?

I know, I should figure it out myself somehow, and this won't be a thread with much discussion, but just hope somebody can help me out if they know.

I am not in Thailand and couldn't get the phone system to work (they couldn't hear me for some reason) when calling my bank. Also, they don't seem to respond to my emails ever.

So, anyone with a Siam Commercial Bank account (SCB), do you know how long an account there can stay open with no activity? I know Thai banks like to close accounts, especially foreigners' accounts, if they've been inactive for 6 months or some banks wait until one year. I've seen both time examples on this board.

Anybody know?

I know, I should figure it out myself somehow, and this won't be a thread with much discussion, but just hope somebody can help me out if they know.

I don't know for SCB, but I have an account with Bangkok Bank and it had been inactive for more than one year in the past without it being closed (but I had a relatively important amount of money there during all this time). I suppose that it could have been closed in the meanwhile if I had almost nothing on it or that they wait more than one year of no activity before closing an account.

My account had been inactive for YEARS with no reasonable amount of money on it. It is still ok and beeing used again with new 1st BE Card etc. (Patong Branch).

But I just let a friend update the book from time to time...

So you have an SCB account, Aachen. Sorry, haven't heard of the BE card, but sounds like it'd be scB. Was there a specific amount of time that was the longest inactive period? Mine has almost been 6 months, and I'm just worried they'd cut it off at that time, as I like having the account.

So you have an SCB account, Aachen. Sorry, haven't heard of the BE card, but sounds like it'd be scB. Was there a specific amount of time that was the longest inactive period? Mine has almost been 6 months, and I'm just worried they'd cut it off at that time, as I like having the account.

Somebody posted a while ago about his account that was not closed but frozen for outgoing transactions after 6 months of inactivity.

From memory, the guy deposited money via ATM and it worked. When he tried to withdraw a few days later it did not let him. He had to visit the branch to re-enable normal operations.

Edit: seem to recall it was BKK Bank.

Edited by think_too_mut