Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Good news Norm! Kawasaki Rama 9 had the headers you've been looking for in stock! I'll mail them down to you tomorrow. Finally your bike won't have to sound like a constipated lawnmower anymore! ;)

Let the good times roll!

Tony

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good news Norm! Kawasaki Rama 9 had the headers you've been looking for in stock! I'll mail them down to you tomorrow. Finally your bike won't have to sound like a constipated lawnmower anymore! wink.png

Let the good times roll!

Tony

I ordered the American plastics which replace the grab handles on the European / SE Asian models.

Realmotosport took my money and 4 days later i was told they are for export only!!!!

However the manager is going to try to get them for me, if worse comes to worse i'm going to have to order them from the USA, which means them being shipped from Thailand to the USA and then back to Thailand for 12 times the cost!!!!

To say i'm a bit pissed off would be an understatement indeed!

Edited by karlos

Karlos the video is not as slick as the LV one as it is amateur but...

Or this

Maybe not yourcoffee1.gif

Both of the videos show the OLD 1st generation EX650... Though I believe most full systems will fit all 3 generations. smile.png

Nice exhuast, i saw it listed on other sites for sale before but i'm after something that does't come that far up the swingarm, the Arrow is still tempting me :)

Good news Norm! Kawasaki Rama 9 had the headers you've been looking for in stock! I'll mail them down to you tomorrow. Finally your bike won't have to sound like a constipated lawnmower anymore! wink.png

Let the good times roll!

Tony

I'm in heaven intheclub.gif

You're THE man!partytime2.gifclap2.gif

Let the good times roll!

Tony

I ordered the American plastics which replace the grab handles on the European / SE Asian models.

Realmotosport took my money and 4 days later i was told they are for export only!!!!

However the manager is going to try to get them for me, if worse comes to worse i'm going to have to order them from the USA, which means them being shipped from Thailand to the USA and then back to Thailand for 12 times the cost!!!!

Words fail me Karlos arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Karlos the video is not as slick as the LV one as it is amateur but...

Or this

Maybe not yourcoffee1.gif

Both of the videos show the OLD 1st generation EX650... Though I believe most full systems will fit all 3 generations. smile.png

Nice exhuast, i saw it listed on other sites for sale before but i'm after something that does't come that far up the swingarm, the Arrow is still tempting me smile.png

Yeh, obstructing the swingarm is not in my book either.

The strong silent type is what I am hehehehehe giggle.gif

Well, that's what my horoscope told me anyway 555

Let the good times roll!

Tony

Words fail me Karlos arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

It's not often i get angry or curse but i <deleted> hate those grab handles and even had plans to replace them for the US spec panels 4 months before i got my bike. I guess the manager at Real knew this too and i hope he can get hold of them for me. Maybe i could export them to Cambodia and then have them sent back to Thailand via EMS, the lengths i'll take to replace those gay grab rails ehh! :D

Nice exhuast, i saw it listed on other sites for sale before but i'm after something that does't come that far up the swingarm, the Arrow is still tempting me smile.png

Well I've never seen one in the flesh. My take is the can size is quite small so as not to stick out past the rear tire. Not all do that, but some do. It's just a variation on the theme. Jardine has a slash cut pipe. Different strokes for different folks. Oops that would be me then 2-strokes rather than 4.biggrin.png

Well I've never seen one in the flesh. My take is the can size is quite small so as not to stick out past the rear tire. Not all do that, but some do. It's just a variation on the theme. Jardine has a slash cut pipe. Different strokes for different folks. Oops that would be me then 2-strokes rather than 4.biggrin.png

I would love a classic RG500, i respect the power and delivery of two strokes, never ridden one but as a mechanic i'd love to own one and tinker with it every weekend.

Best of luck with the exhaust system, i too have never seen one in the flesh but do recall seeing one on a forum somewhere last year :)

I would love a classic RG500, i respect the power and delivery of two strokes, never ridden one but as a mechanic i'd love to own one and tinker with it every weekend.

Best of luck with the exhaust system, i too have never seen one in the flesh but do recall seeing one on a forum somewhere last year smile.png

Well I don't have a RG500 but when my bike has been "massaged" after it's somewhat disappointing track day shakedown, you are welcome to try it.

HP is about the same as an ER6 but it all comes "at once". It may not be any quicker as the 4 -stroke will give one long continuous pull, but the yippee fact when a 2-stroke comes on the pipe and the RC valves open will put a smile on your face.

Best of luck with the exhaust system, i too have never seen one in the flesh but do recall seeing one on a forum somewhere last year smile.png

Well I don't have a RG500 but when my bike has been "massaged" after it's somewhat disappointing track day shakedown, you are welcome to try it.

HP is about the same as an ER6 but it all comes "at once". It may not be any quicker as the 4 -stroke will give one long continuous pull, but the yippee fact when a 2-stroke comes on the pipe and the RC valves open will put a smile on your face.

You need to get your smoker out to the track more often! They don't like to sit around unused and no doubt it will run a lot better if you stretch her legs frequently!

I see that there will be a Supertwins class at both the IOM TT and the North West 200 this year and it will be dominated by ER6's. Jeremy McWilliams will be racing an ER6 at the North West. They can really make those bikes fly.

That's going to be an interesting class, i'm itching to see what they do to their bikes and what speeds they are capable of :)

The stickers are on.

Got them made at 'Bump' on Pattaya Tai for 1500 baht which was way too much. 40 stickers in total.

58 is my tribute to the late Simoncelli.

post-52293-0-07740200-1330926515_thumb.j

post-52293-0-53430200-1330926536_thumb.j

post-52293-0-97424000-1330926547_thumb.j

post-52293-0-34147800-1330926558_thumb.j

post-52293-0-54686300-1330926571_thumb.j

post-52293-0-87034200-1330926579_thumb.j

I'm thinking of taking off the original Kawasaki on the tank and replacing it with a 'proper' one hehe.

The owner of this bike claims his tyre exploded, Kawasaki are investigating his claim...

How much pressure was he running, did he hit any thing before this incident etc etc, i can't just see a new tyre from a reputable tyre manufacturer blowing up or a rear rim cracking so easily...... But then again the new 2012 650 has a new wheel design.... right??? :Spost-59428-0-13531400-1331048587_thumb.jpost-59428-0-67162300-1331048623_thumb.jpost-59428-0-34938800-1331048641_thumb.j

Edited by karlos

The owner of this bike claims his tyre exploded, Kawasaki are investigating his claim...

How much pressure was he running, did he hit any thing before this incident etc etc, i can't just see a new tyre from a reputable tyre manufacturer blowing up or a rear rim cracking so easily...... But then again the new 2012 650 has a new wheel design.... right??? :Spost-59428-0-13531400-1331048587_thumb.jpost-59428-0-67162300-1331048623_thumb.jpost-59428-0-34938800-1331048641_thumb.j

Ouch!

As far as I know the wheels are the same as the previous model.

You never know what could have been on the road, it certainly looks like a mechanical failure of some sort unless it was just a weird crash.

Ouch!

As far as I know the wheels are the same as the previous model.

You never know what could have been on the road, it certainly looks like a mechanical failure of some sort unless it was just a weird crash.

It would be wrong of me to make assumptions but i think someone is trying to claim for something that was their fault..... Something smells fishy!

It would be wrong of me to make assumptions but i think someone is trying to claim for something that was their fault..... Something smells fishy!

Looks like the rim exploded not the tire.... But looking at the bike under the car..I wonder if the rim could have been broken by clipping the exhaust pipe or something under the car?

In picture #1 the broken section of the wheel is in the right spot to suggest that.....

The easy test is if those pieces we see on the ground under the car are wheel pieces then that is what happened.

If the wheel exploded first & caused the crash then the parts/pieces of rim should be way back up the road....not under the car

post-51988-0-96162700-1331063405_thumb.j

Edited by flying

its posssible he was runing wrong pressures ,i dont think a properly inflated tyre would burst like that under normal road use

, i used the air guage once at a shell garage once and i had to pull it off the value in an emrgency because the guage was 20-30 psi wrong in the high direction and even though the guage thought it was 30 psi i knew it being over inflated and i confirnmed later on my own guage and had to let some air

thank god i noticed or it may have blown the tyre off the rim

Here are the LED lights.

your bike looks and sounds cool :)

do the cops ever give you any grief about having your number plate mounted in that position ? it must be pretty much un-readable for their cameras and such :)

Here are the LED lights.

your bike looks and sounds cool smile.png

do the cops ever give you any grief about having your number plate mounted in that position ? it must be pretty much un-readable for their cameras and such smile.png

Cheers, no (famous last words) Pattaya and the surrounding areas are not too bad.

Speaking the lingo and having a joke, talking about the weather (very English) and having all the right docs seems to have worked so far.

I saw a new black er6n last night in Foodland's car park with the number plate in the same position.

No cameras are used around Pattaya but I have heard on the 36 the BIB use them there,

Life is pretty much complete now with the oil (yes again) changed and coolant flushed to get rid of that matter in the bottom of the overflow tank.

Useful having those LEDs near that tank as it is now really easy to check the level :)

Decided in the end to leave the silencer in the same as Harley because it was really too loud for the streets.

I noticed on the ride out last night that she pulls very nicely from 7500 revs to 9000 revs.

Wheelies are also a bit easier in first and second :)

It cost me 200 baht to change the exhaust and extend the 02 sensor wires.

Keep those good times rolling.