Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Thanks Karl,

I think I am just going to bite the bullet & buy the ER6n with the F series windshield. I think I still like the naked bike over the fairing style but the windscreen sounds good. Now it is a question if I want to get the lime green & repaint it either white or wait the extra month & get the black & have it 2 toned with maroon. I was surprised that it wasn't 305,000 Baht out the door but 272,500 baht with # 1 ins. & taxes paid in full. I go back to the states for about 6 weeks in 4 weeks & will be gone or 6 weeks so maybe I will just get the black & add Maroon to the scheme. That way I think it will only be another couple of weeks of jonesing for the new bike!

I would love to ride with you guys on an outing for sure....But don't laugh I still wear sandals! LOL & yea I have been down before & it smarts! ...............can't wait to be letting the good times roll!

Barry

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like a great plan, with regards to the windshield, there are a few specific screens from Puggi,Ermax (Spelling) and a few other available in Thailand right now :)

The F screen would not fit and would look out of place on the ER, as it's one huuuuuge screen! :D

Sounds like a great plan, with regards to the windshield, there are a few specific screens from Puggi,Ermax (Spelling) and a few other available in Thailand right now smile.png

The F screen would not fit and would look out of place on the ER, as it's one huuuuuge screen! biggrin.png

Thanks for the info I will look into an aftermarket screen! Does Kawasaki dicker on the price of the bike or are they super firm?

Tomorrow I go down & buy....all I have to do is decide Green & repaint or blac & wait a little more time. Yahoo!

Dead firm mate, no movement what soever!

You might get a free helmet (Real brand) if there is a promotion at the time of purchase.

It's pretty hard to get any thing for free on bike with a 3-4 month waiting list, but it's worth a try, perhaps some paddock stand bobbins or something small wouldn't hurt :)

be sure to post some pics when you get her :)

Went to look at some er6n's today.

Out of three bikes two had what can only be described as extreme float of the gear lever shaft. It was enough to put my cousin off of buying. Anyone else aware of this?

Also when we enquired about a new 6n or 6f he was quoted January delivery!

Anybody know of a central Thailand dealer with bikes in stock?

Thanks.

Out of three bikes two had what can only be described as extreme float of the gear lever shaft. It was enough to put my cousin off of buying. Anyone else aware of this?

Thanks.

If you don't mind the lime green look Kawasaki in Pattaya can get it in about 2 months from the day you book. I guess they are long on green as everyone wants the black since it is the only 2 colors this year they offer.

Thanks.

If you don't mind the lime green look Kawasaki in Pattaya can get it in about 2 months from the day you book. I guess they are long on green as everyone wants the black since it is the only 2 colors this year they offer.

Saw the new Matte Black ER6n the other day and have to say I quite like it in this color-

1f0cf08a.jpg

Anyway- if black is in short supply, just get a green one and buy the black body panels when they're in stock- cheap as chips :)

Bought a near mint 6n today for 210k so cousin is happy at last. Only 8k on the clock.

Any suggestions for a decent rack to fit. He has a tailpack but may also want to fit a Givi or Shad box in the future.

Oh yes and wants a small smoked screen. Not too tall.

Edited by apetley

Good luck was shining on me today- Just as i was about to lay down a deposit on the new 2013 ER6N a Thai lady was outside talking to 2 guys from England about selling her 2011 Kawi ER6N with only 726 kilos on the clock. That was when I was walking out to get my immigration residency papers & the countless copies of every thing to purchace the new bike. Karlos you were dead right Kawasaki not to generous with freebies all they offered was a 200 baht helmet(less than I get when I buy a scooter & no Discount. So I was on my way to signing up for the new ride & thats when I heard the Thai girl(spoke perfect English) talking with the 2 English guys & caught the gist of her wanting to sell the cherry 726 kilo bike because her boyfriend had 2 neck surgeries & experienced great pain when getting on it when it snaps your head back. The salesman that was she talked to was the same salesman I was working with on my bike to be. He came out & verified this bike has been only started frequently to keep the battery up & lubricate the parts inside & has a bonified 726 on the clock. So The owner & I drove to meprachan lake (where the bike was) & I couldn't believe my eyes or my luck. The bike looked like it was stored in a time capsule Mint & brand new -not even fully broke in.She only wanted me to drive around her complex(village )& I asked to please let me ride it on the street to make sure the trany was crisp & the motor sound. I gave them my passport for security & took it for a spin. dam_n this bike is brand new. She only wanted 180,000 baht & I asked for 170,000 & we settled on 175,000 for this sweet ride. She was really a nice gal we went to the DMV & transfered title & she even called me later in the night to make sure I got both bikes home OK. And she was a real hottie as well but I have a gal already & she has a boyfriend & I was just shopping for a bike....dam_n. I drained the oil & it was just changed at 500 kilos & was nice golden representing the bike had just had an oil change & devoid of metal filings in the oil. I refilled & Am smiling ear to ear! Although the warranty just ran out the bike is tight & doesn't look to be a deficit at all in this purchace. The guy at Kawi said I got a sweet ass deal & didn't have to wait 4 months for a black one!

There is a God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REady for frame sliders & other toys for my ride. Does anyone know of a good aftermarket shop in Pattaya area? I go to the U.S. in a month so if I can't get the right gear I can get there online & bring back when I come back. Now I can let the good times roll!!!!!!

Barry

Good luck was shining on me today- Just as i was about to lay down a deposit on the new 2013 ER6N a Thai lady was outside talking to 2 guys from England about selling her 2011 Kawi ER6N with only 726 kilos on the clock. That was when I was walking out to get my immigration residency papers & the countless copies of every thing to purchace the new bike. Karlos you were dead right Kawasaki not to generous with freebies all they offered was a 200 baht helmet(less than I get when I buy a scooter & no Discount. So I was on my way to signing up for the new ride & thats when I heard the Thai girl(spoke perfect English) talking with the 2 English guys & caught the gist of her wanting to sell the cherry 726 kilo bike because her boyfriend had 2 neck surgeries & experienced great pain when getting on it when it snaps your head back. The salesman that was she talked to was the same salesman I was working with on my bike to be. He came out & verified this bike has been only started frequently to keep the battery up & lubricate the parts inside & has a bonified 726 on the clock. So The owner & I drove to meprachan lake (where the bike was) & I couldn't believe my eyes or my luck. The bike looked like it was stored in a time capsule Mint & brand new -not even fully broke in.She only wanted me to drive around her complex(village )& I asked to please let me ride it on the street to make sure the trany was crisp & the motor sound. I gave them my passport for security & took it for a spin. dam_n this bike is brand new. She only wanted 180,000 baht & I asked for 170,000 & we settled on 175,000 for this sweet ride. She was really a nice gal we went to the DMV & transfered title & she even called me later in the night to make sure I got both bikes home OK. And she was a real hottie as well but I have a gal already & she has a boyfriend & I was just shopping for a bike....dam_n. I drained the oil & it was just changed at 500 kilos & was nice golden representing the bike had just had an oil change & devoid of metal filings in the oil. I refilled & Am smiling ear to ear! Although the warranty just ran out the bike is tight & doesn't look to be a deficit at all in this purchace. The guy at Kawi said I got a sweet ass deal & didn't have to wait 4 months for a black one!

There is a God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REady for frame sliders & other toys for my ride. Does anyone know of a good aftermarket shop in Pattaya area? I go to the U.S. in a month so if I can't get the right gear I can get there online & bring back when I come back. Now I can let the good times roll!!!!!!

Barry

Congrats on scoring a great deal! 175k for a near-new 2011 is awesome! Enjoy your new bike and Let the Good Times ROLL!

I really screwed the pooch on the nationalities of the two people I met at Kawasaki that set me in the right direction to hook up with the seller. One is from Denmark and one is from Sweden. Sweet Yellow Er6n By the way Can't wait to spray some paint & customize the new ride!

I took it out today with my ole lady & for the first time ever she didn't Bak bak bak me once about going 80-100 kilos an hour Quite a stepup from a Yamaha Nuovo!!!!!!! whistling.gif

So I am up here in floody Sukhothai. The water went away 2 days ago and now it has returned and looking like more days of reading thaivisa threads. This one has had me fixed for 5 days and I have enjoyed reading it all.

Originally I was thinking of the N then I seen the F and now I have been to my friends house and had a little look at the Versys, I'm stuck as what to choose?

I originally wanted finance with about 50% down but now I could be swayed to get a 2nd hand one and pay cash. Only problem is I don't see many in the classifieds or on any of the other websites.

Decisions Decisions......

Any knowledge of bikes for sale or any other pearls of wisdom will be greatly received.

Take care and stay safe out there

jambco984

So I am up here in floody Sukhothai. The water went away 2 days ago and now it has returned and looking like more days of reading thaivisa threads. This one has had me fixed for 5 days and I have enjoyed reading it all.

Originally I was thinking of the N then I seen the F and now I have been to my friends house and had a little look at the Versys, I'm stuck as what to choose?

I originally wanted finance with about 50% down but now I could be swayed to get a 2nd hand one and pay cash. Only problem is I don't see many in the classifieds or on any of the other websites.

Any knowledge of bikes for sale or any other pearls of wisdom will be greatly received.

jambco984

The Versys is an awesome bike. It would have been my first choice , but I am about 3" less on the seat size So I wound up getting the ER6N . I tried a Ninja which is a dressed up ER6N & liked the naked bike over the fairing F series or Ninja.

Kawi's bike are pretty awsome (& always have been) So if you havent rented it would be way worth the 3000 baht spent. That way if your going used or new you know what your getting. If you wait long enough there will be ads on TV & Baht&Sold. They seem to come up in runs of bikes. Definiely worthy bikes!

jambco984

The Versys is an awesome bike. It would have been my first choice , but I am about 3" less on the seat size So I wound up getting the ER6N . I tried a Ninja which is a dressed up ER6N & liked the naked bike over the fairing F series or Ninja.

Kawi's bike are pretty awsome (& always have been) So if you havent rented it would be way worth the 3000 baht spent. That way if your going used or new you know what your getting. If you wait long enough there will be ads on TV & Baht&Sold. They seem to come up in runs of bikes. Definiely worthy bikes!

Yes its very nice the Versys, on my mates I was kinda comfortable with half a barefoot on the floor so when booted would have a little more to go on.

Yeah I get the Ninja is just the dressed up version, but I do like to have something to stop the wind from affecting my ride at some speed.

My friend got his Versys 2nd hand and its a peach. I just need to be patient.

biggrin.png

jambco984

There are loads of Er6N/F and versys for sale at this website. You need a Thai person to help you out.

http://www.er6thailand.com/board/index.php?board=4.0

scroll down and you will find many pages of ads

jambco984

There are loads of Er6N/F and versys for sale at this website. You need a Thai person to help you out.

http://www.er6thaila...x.php?board=4.0

scroll down and you will find many pages of ads

Wow your not kidding about that looks like a lot of Kawis to chose from!

Difference with the new er6n 2013.

Had a drive by Mitiyon the other day.

All I could see was the new paint colours - green or black I think.

Black front mud guard, er6n petrol tank sticker, Kawasaki on the radiator shrouds. Black frame.

Any thing else guys?

Keep those good times rolling.

I should be out and about at the weekend between watching the Moto GP of course and the bloody rain!!!

Nice front end (ZX10R forks and GSXR750 calipers)

Nice rear end too (Versys swing arm and Ohlins shock)

post-59428-0-28117200-1348670995_thumb.j

post-59428-0-77854100-1348670999_thumb.j

Nice bike.

Hey BP Racing in Pattaya now does Leo Vince exhausts.

The underbody one is 20k and the full system is 33k.

Hopefully meaning that the front end (down pipes) are 13k???

I've started saving.

I've ordered a new rear seat and black rear sets as there is a certain young female who wants to go on the back. (She must be mad!)

AP Shop and Kawasaki are the people I'm using but past performace with Kawasaki ought to result in a year long wait for the seat!!!

Keep those rain clouds away

Nice front end (ZX10R forks and GSXR750 calipers)

Nice rear end too (Versys swing arm and Ohlins shock)

post-59428-0-28117200-1348670995_thumb.j

post-59428-0-77854100-1348670999_thumb.j

Nice bike.

Hey BP Racing in Pattaya now does Leo Vince exhausts.

The underbody one is 20k and the full system is 33k.

Hopefully meaning that the front end (down pipes) are 13k???

I've started saving.

I've ordered a new rear seat and black rear sets as there is a certain young female who wants to go on the back. (She must be mad!)

AP Shop and Kawasaki are the people I'm using but past performace with Kawasaki ought to result in a year long wait for the seat!!!

Keep those rain clouds away

Mate, i would try and steer clear of Bangkok this weekend. Monsoon rainfall has been forecasted for 90% of the capital all day Saturday. The past 5 days has pretty much been the same, plenty of flash floods here recently and i've been riding to work in water as deep as a foot in the lowest areas.... :(

Time to purchase a jet ski then eh?

Funny you should say that, there's a shop around the corner that sells them (secondhand) I was seriously considering buying one last year :D But there was too much shit floating around that would have jammed the impeller