Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Coming soon: new Rizoma Senso mirrors, Rizoma Zero 11 front indicators, Rizoma bar ends, Brembo 90 degree tyre valves, Rosso II front and rear, white headlight bulbs, more white LEDs.

I had to do something to the bike while I was sat there with a broken collar bone J

Going the Rizoma way Norman. That is some pricy stuff. Do some research before you buy because prices may vary.

If I would still have my er-6, I would start looking into upgrading the front suspension. Some cartridges made for specific weight don't have to be too expensive.

Ride on!

Edited by Nickymaster

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have gotten a lot of scratches on the bike since I arrived in Pattaya from tight parking spaces, where can it get this fixed(wax at a reasonable price..). Also, where can I get a paint job, if I choose that instead, I would like a lamborghini yellow 650R or Ferrari red smile.png. I can drive it to Bangkok if that is the only option though.

Edited by dollarman

having problems with racks for the 2012 er6, just had a ventura style rack made, its the dogs, totaly reversable and removable to fit a grab rail when not used, i would post a pic but have no idea how to post it after 30 mins of tryingblink.png

Edited by chonak

I have gotten a lot of scratches on the bike since I arrived in Pattaya from tight parking spaces, where can it get this fixed(wax at a reasonable price..). Also, where can I get a paint job, if I choose that instead, I would like a lamborghini yellow 650R or Ferrari red smile.png. I can drive it to Bangkok if that is the only option though.

Try BP Racing opposite the Siam Bayshore hotel on the second road.

Just as a side note myself and Karlos are going to Paddoack on Sunday at about 11am to get some stuff (back and chest protector etc) so if you want to meet up or get a better deal with the 'power of numbers' then come along :)

post-52293-0-68970600-1343307462_thumb.j

As she stands today - every piece of black plastic now has carbon vinyl on including the piece on the front of the petrol tank.

Rosso 2 tyres on with those nice red 90 degree tyre valves.

Some various stickers being made to cover up some bear paint etc hehe.

black brake and clutch levers (DMV). 3k baht each. Can't afford the Brembo master cylinder and calipers at the mo sad.png = 30k.

White headlamps coming.

Rizoma engine sliders had to be chopped down by 2 inches as I was sent ones for the old model. 4k baht

New coolant and oil in (both from Motol. Coolant was 400 baht per litre and the oil 380 baht per litre.

Leaving the mirrors as they are until I save 13k for those all black Sensos from Rizoma yummy!

Rizoma bar ends need tweekin to get a closer fit. I think I'll change the grips to some that looks like Rizoma. 1500 baht

Front indicators now fitted with Rizoma Zer0 11 LEDs - fabulous! 1450 each.

Had more LEDs glued to the exhaust brackets - cool.

I'm still waiting (after a month) for a rear brake pedal from Kawasaki BKK. 600 baht

As usual when doing anything here things do tend to go off course and this little project hasn't been without its frustrations.

While I was there today Dollarman came in on his er6f wanting to change the colour to Lambo yellow. If he gets it done, I think i'll look awesome. Even if he just gets it polished it will look a million times better. Although maybe not on a day like we've had today with the heavy downpours 555.

Keep those good times rolling.

Mods for the future = Rear clear LED with indicators. Larger hugger. Brembo brakes.

Edited by NormanW

Just as a side note myself and Karlos are going to Paddoack on Sunday at about 11am to get some stuff (back and chest protector etc) so if you want to meet up or get a better deal with the 'power of numbers' then come along smile.png

post-52293-0-30938600-1343308646_thumb.j

And here is the result - Alpinestars Chest protectors 1500baht, trousers 11k, sliders 1800baht, Bionic back protector 8500 baht, SP1 gloves 5500baht and Komine protective underpants 555 for 2600baht.

Edited by NormanW

Just as a side note myself and Karlos are going to Paddoack on Sunday at about 11am to get some stuff (back and chest protector etc) so if you want to meet up or get a better deal with the 'power of numbers' then come along smile.png

And here is the result - Alpinestars Chest protectors 1500baht, trousers 11k, sliders 1800baht, Bionic back protector 8500 baht, SP1 gloves 5500baht and Komine protective underpants 555 for 2600baht.

And here's my purchase, Alpinestars Supertech Rs, weighing in at 11500Baht. Ohhh, nearly forgot the free Komine climacool socks from Paddock when purchasing boots above 10k.

And some Alpinestar mesh trousers, kindly donated by the guy above, spank you very much Jonnie

post-59428-0-48707400-1343309388_thumb.j

post-59428-0-42359000-1343309391_thumb.j

post-59428-0-14607200-1343309394_thumb.j

Edited by karlos

And here's my purchase, Alpinestars Supertech Rs, weighing in at 11500Baht. Ohhh, nearly forgot the free Komine climacool socks from Paddock when purchasing boots above 10k.

And some Alpinestar mesh trousers, kindly donated by the guy above, spank you very much Jonnie

post-59428-0-48707400-1343309388_thumb.j

post-59428-0-42359000-1343309391_thumb.j

post-59428-0-14607200-1343309394_thumb.j

Phew! Those Super techs are fab mate, will have to get those on YouTube our next ride out. Dollarman wants to come along, along with Bigguns and Col both on Ducatis :)

Yes, where do you have in mind?

Are the other guys based in Pattaya or Central?

I'm off up to Chaiyaphumi next week (Thursday morning - Friday night) but it could change.

I'm considering popping down to your place this Saturday to have that tyre fitted if No's shop is open? I think next weekend is a no go (no pun intended) :D

I'm off up to Chaiyaphumi next week (Thursday morning - Friday night) but it could change.

I'm considering popping down to your place this Saturday to have that tyre fitted if No's shop is open? I think next weekend is a no go (no pun intended) biggrin.png

This Sat OK. I may have got my dates wrong. We'll have chat then kap. Yeh Go's shop will be open.

post-52293-0-40219000-1343311154_thumb.j

There's yer tyre kap. (Not the one on the right 555)

I'm considering popping down to your place this Saturday to have that tyre fitted if No's shop is open? I think next weekend is a no go (no pun intended) biggrin.png

R2M superbike races at Thailand Circuit on Sunday!!!!!

Thanks Norman aka Jonnie.

Plenty of life left in that baby by the looks of it :)

I'm going to try to get down next Sat (4th)

I'm going to change the oil on my bike myself before heading upto Chaiyaphumi, as once again Real motorsport are fully book. They really need to sort out their garage, grrrrr

Edited by karlos

f anyone is interested a few of us are going on a ride tomorrow (weather permitting).

We are meeting at BP Racing on the second road opposite the Siam Bayshore hotel at 1pm.

So far there is Dollarman on his Ninja 650, Col on his immaculate Streetfighter (stealth black and carbon) and Big guns on his 795 Monster.

Oh yes and me on my er6n.

We will be stopping somewhere for a coffee and cake.

See you there.

How did you do mate?

Win win win?

f anyone is interested a few of us are going on a ride tomorrow (weather permitting).

We are meeting at BP Racing on the second road opposite the Siam Bayshore hotel at 1pm.

So far there is Dollarman on his Ninja 650, Col on his immaculate Streetfighter (stealth black and carbon) and Big guns on his 795 Monster.

Oh yes and me on my er6n.

We will be stopping somewhere for a coffee and cake.

See you there.

A great ride out yesterday with rain-free motoring at a reasonable speed.

Yeh, Dollarman certainly likes to 'give it some' 555 - nice 1.

Myself and Karlos are heading down the same way tomorrow after some minor tweeks to his er6f at BP Racing in the morning.

So if anyone wants to join us, you're more than welcome :)

So here is a summary of the mods I've done to the bike so far.

Swing arm colour conversion to black (just like the up and coming 2013 model) 1500 baht

All black plastic covers etc treated to carbon vinyl 9k baht

LEDs for the engine etc 350 baht per strip fitted.

DMV (Taiwanese) brake and clutch levers 3500baht

Tyre changes 300 baht

Rear seat cowl and panels covered over with fibreglass and painted white 5k baht

Rizoma bar ends (tapered) 2k baht

Rizoma Zero front indicators 1450 baht each

Super bright green LED front side lights 180baht to now match the green LED indicators (which are hard to see in daylight 555)

Rizoma engine sliders 4k baht

Motul coolant 800 baht from Kawasaki (400 baht per litre) still got a load left over for top ups.

Motul fully synthetic oil 380 per litre - I put 1.7 litres in.

Rear tyre Rosso 2 from Harley23

Front Rosso 2 from myself which I had left over from the deal on my 2010 er6n.

GoPro HD camera 7k baht from Dirtshop BKK courtesy of Nickymaster.

90 degree tyre valves in red 1350 baht.

Just waiting now for the new Ninja stickers to be printed.

A quick wash and polish and off for a ride.

Keep those good times rolling.

NormanW

Next time Norm I need my cheesecake fix. Like I said I know a place near St Andrew's that does rhubard n apple pie and custard it could be incorporated into a loop.

Oki doki sounds cool :)

Nicky master is coming by with his 1100cc Monster at the weekend if you're interested?

It'll be short notice though :(

• 3 weeks later...

Just rented a ER6N 2011 & it shreaded. I was thinking of getting a Honda 400 super 4 till I road the ER. Talk about giving you morning wood. That bike really has a sweet power range! I tried the 2011 Ninja & wasn't that impressed compared to the ER6N. What are the major differences besides the frame change? I am thinking about buying a new one....But the Kawasaki in Pattaya does not have a bike to test ride & I have not found a 2012 to try & Kawi says they won't have a test ride bike till 3 months from now. Is there any where in Thailand that I can buy a new ER without waiting 4 months? I don't imagine I will get that great of mileage out of it. Very hard to keep from stabbing it. Anyone selling a 2012 Got cash.

Barry

Just rented a ER6N 2011 & it shreaded. I was thinking of getting a Honda 400 super 4 till I road the ER. Talk about giving you morning wood. That bike really has a sweet power range! I tried the 2011 Ninja & wasn't that impressed compared to the ER6N. What are the major differences besides the frame change? I am thinking about buying a new one....But the Kawasaki in Pattaya does not have a bike to test ride & I have not found a 2012 to try & Kawi says they won't have a test ride bike till 3 months from now. Is there any where in Thailand that I can buy a new ER without waiting 4 months? I don't imagine I will get that great of mileage out of it. Very hard to keep from stabbing it. Anyone selling a 2012 Got cash.

Barry

FWIW the ER6n and Ninja 650 of same year share IDENTICAL frame and engine so I wonder why you felt they ride different? (The faired bike is a few kilos heavier on account of the fairings, but to the average road rider that small weight difference should not be noticeable.

Anyway- whether faired or naked, they are both great bikes, tough as nails and the certainly the cheapest large displacement motorcycles in Thailand.

I would encourage you to take a Versys for a spin- again it shares the same basic frame and engine as the ER6n and Ninja 650, but it benefits from MUCH better suspension, a more comfortable seat, taller bars and a larger tank.

While it may be a strange looking bike, the Versys holds the road WAY better than the ER6n and Ninja 650 thanks to the higher spec suspension.

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

With regards to a test ride on a 2012 model i know Kawasaki (Real Motorsport) Ramkhemheang 146 Bangkok have a 2012 Ninja 650 demo bike BUT the demo ride usually consist of a short sprit up and down the closed soi beside their shop........

If you test rode the 2011 model i can tell you that other than cosmetic changes you won't notice any difference between the two models besides a slight increase in low down torque and better stock tyres

Big Bike ...the ninja felt more like driving a double decker bus compared to the ER6n that fits inbetween cars & trucks nimbly. That & the Ninja roasted my legs to death I felt like a cooked chicken going from Pattaya to Rayong. Almost seemed like the gears were better n the 6, maybe cause they were rentals. And the 6 was much better taken care f both with the same kilos on the clock & year 2011. That & the ER6N size was about the same width as the nuovo. I could whip in & out of com city 3rd road no problem the Ninja I would be removing parts as I scaped them off the bike as I tried to weasel inbetween cars & trucks. The best part is no cars or trucks try to force you off the road like the small scooters & even if they had any ideas about that one quick woof & it is see ya to whover is in the rearview mirrors getting diminished by the second!

Thanks for the info Karlos . Will be going to Mittyon & Kawi tomorrow to see some more rides. None for sale at present time accept 2 2012's on dealfish. I will have my women call as they are both in Thai!

Can't wait to be letting the good times roll. Tired of the Nuovo & hate having to waith to ride my liter bike in the states once a year!

Big Bike ...the ninja felt more like driving a double decker bus compared to the ER6n that fits inbetween cars & trucks nimbly. That & the Ninja roasted my legs to death I felt like a cooked chicken going from Pattaya to Rayong. Almost seemed like the gears were better n the 6, maybe cause they were rentals. And the 6 was much better taken care f both with the same kilos on the clock & year 2011. That & the ER6N size was about the same width as the nuovo. I could whip in & out of com city 3rd road no problem the Ninja I would be removing parts as I scaped them off the bike as I tried to weasel inbetween cars & trucks. The best part is no cars or trucks try to force you off the road like the small scooters & even if they had any ideas about that one quick woof & it is see ya to whover is in the rearview mirrors getting diminished by the second!

Thanks for the info Karlos . Will be going to Mittyon & Kawi tomorrow to see some more rides. None for sale at present time accept 2 2012's on dealfish. I will have my women call as they are both in Thai!

Can't wait to be letting the good times roll. Tired of the Nuovo & hate having to waith to ride my liter bike in the states once a year!

The engine heat isn't an issue on either bike, once you get some mesh trousers or leathers :)

I know what you mean about the ER 'feeling' smaller, it certainly looks smaller but i can assure you both are identical when it comes to twisting in and out of traffic.

The only thing you need to consider between the two bikes besides styling is if you need the high speed wind protection that the full fairing and shield provide on the (F) version :)

Hope to see you on the road sometime soon, i'm always popping down your way to meet up with Norman on his 2012 ER6 (His user name here)